Under Maintenance?! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WORST. QUOTE. EVER.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-23, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Raymac
Brigadier General
 
Raymac's Avatar
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


I'm so freaking pathetic. This kind of crap gets my hope up for something cool even though I know it is just routine.
__________________
"Before you say anything, prepare to stfu." -Kenny F-ing Powers

Raymac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ailos
Contributor
Major
 
Ailos's Avatar
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Probably primary reason is moving/splitting infrastructure fore the Pro7 stuff - they wouldn't take the financial stuff down otherwise (no company wants to stop accepting payments unless there's a really important reason for it).

But as a side effect, we may see a beta announcement soon.
__________________
Doctors kill people one at a time. Engineers do it in batches.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark

Last edited by Ailos; 2012-04-23 at 12:05 PM.
Ailos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
ringring
Contributor
General
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Originally Posted by Ailos View Post
Probably primary reason is moving/splitting infrastructure fore the Pro7 stuff - they wouldn't take the financial stuff down otherwise (no company wants to stop accepting payments unless there's a really important reason for it).

But as a side effect, we may see a beta announcement soon.
But the Pro7 stuff will be based in Europe.
__________________
ringring is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
kaffis
Contributor
Major
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Originally Posted by ringring View Post
But the Pro7 stuff will be based in Europe.
I think the point is that, presumably, Pro7 doesn't want beta to begin until they've set up whatever system they'll have going forward to divide Pro7 and SOE's first party infrastructures.

Because otherwise, you get everybody playing beta on SOE's servers, making friends, and then the game releases and nobody wants to switch to Pro7's servers and breaking off the connections they'd made in beta.

Also, you want to get Pro7 in on the patching and support process in beta, too.

So, yeah. Pro7 will be based in Europe, but you want to have them set up before you do beta at all.
kaffis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ailos
Contributor
Major
 
Ailos's Avatar
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Originally Posted by ringring View Post
But the Pro7 stuff will be based in Europe.
Yeah, that's why they need to bring down the transaction servers so they can set it up in Europe.
__________________
Doctors kill people one at a time. Engineers do it in batches.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Ailos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
ringring
Contributor
General
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Originally Posted by Ailos View Post
Yeah, that's why they need to bring down the transaction servers so they can set it up in Europe.
Hmm, first of all they need to create the infrastructure in Europland. I haven't heard whether they've even chosen the location.

The rest is just a data export amd import.
__________________
ringring is offline  
Reply With Quote
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-23, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Just wanted to pop in and help set expectations. Unfortunately this is just SOE wide network maintenance to improve our infrastructure. The website is down along with our forums, logins, etc...
RadarX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant
 
Hermes's Avatar
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Just wanted to pop in and help set expectations. Unfortunately this is just SOE wide network maintenance to improve our infrastructure. The website is down along with our forums, logins, etc...
Thanks for the heads up!

I think you know us too well
__________________

Hermes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Hmr85's Avatar
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Just wanted to pop in and help set expectations. Unfortunately this is just SOE wide network maintenance to improve our infrastructure. The website is down along with our forums, logins, etc...
Ahh.... Thanks for the update anyways
__________________


Hmr85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
kaffis
Contributor
Major
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
network maintenance to improve our infrastructure
... for beta!?!?

Just kidding. Thanks for the info to keep us grounded.
kaffis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ailos
Contributor
Major
 
Ailos's Avatar
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Just wanted to pop in and help set expectations. Unfortunately this is just SOE wide network maintenance to improve our infrastructure. The website is down along with our forums, logins, etc...
You spend too much time reading these forums.
__________________
Doctors kill people one at a time. Engineers do it in batches.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Ailos is offline  
Reply With Quote
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-23, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


So this week's theme is Maintenance week! They're putting up profiles of all the network and facility techs each day, but unfortunately we can't see them because the site is under maintenance.
__________________
Malorn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Lokster
Staff Sergeant
 
Lokster's Avatar
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
So this week's theme is Maintenance week! They're putting up profiles of all the network and facility techs each day, but unfortunately we can't see them because the site is under maintenance.
HAHA!

PS.
__________________


-- My TR PS2 Rig --
Lokster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Furber
First Sergeant
 
Furber's Avatar
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


"Under Betanence" I wish
__________________
Crimson Phalanx Outfit Leader - TR (Planetside 1)
TR: EvilCheeseball, Phurber,NC: xFLUFFDOG, VenezuelanBeaverCheese
Furber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
NCLynx
Major
 
NCLynx's Avatar
 
Re: Under Maintenance?!


Originally Posted by Bazilx View Post
This can only mean that the huge graphic that said "Beta has started" was too large for them to upload onto the website without taking it down first. It's the only logical conclusion.
I trust Bazil in this statement. This couldn't be wrong. It better not be wrong.
__________________

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
NCLynx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.