Headset Help...Again... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So, will I get paid for this quote?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-03-19, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Headset Help...Again...

Ok, I've decided to go with a USB headset because (correct me if I'm wrong) you can channel seperate things between speakers and headphones using a virtual sound device?

This is something I found at bestbuy (I have a gift card that needs spending). I'm not quite sure this will work, I would think it would, but I'll check with you headset folks first:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....1&type=product

Ok, it's a Playstation2 USB headset. Will it work for the pc? Will it work good/ok? Will the speech recognition work for UT2004?

Anyone know of anything better you can find at bestbuy (USB and single eared perferably)? If so gimme some links!
Old 2004-03-19, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
worldvengence
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

eh, no to all of those, and didnt u tell me u hated best buy?

{edit} and why would u even THINK USB headsets would work?!?!
Old 2004-03-20, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Ummm, from what I hear you CAN channel USB headsets different from speakers and USB are supposedly better sound quality then most regular ones.

And yes, I do hate best buy, which is why I've had this gift card for like 2 years and I need to use it.

Any other opinions on this? I don't trust you world

Edit: Wait was that sarcasm? I'm a lil slow...lol. Christ just give it to me straight man!!!!!!
Old 2004-03-20, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

All USB headsets for PS2 should be compatible with PC, I'm pretty sure ps2 uses the usb standard. But I have no idea why the hell you would want to have one earphone. That would annoy the hell out of me so much.
Old 2004-03-20, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Smaug
All USB headsets for PS2 should be compatible with PC, I'm pretty sure ps2 uses the usb standard. But I have no idea why the hell you would want to have one earphone. That would annoy the hell out of me so much.
Goes in one ear and out the other
Old 2004-03-20, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
worldvengence
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

yes it was sarcasm...PS2 headsets suk for quality tho...IMO
Old 2004-03-20, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Smaug
Why? Because I want to be able to hear my speakers without the damn headphones blocking anything out. If you have 4 people yelling into a mic going through the headphones covering your ears, you won't be able to hear shit outside of them. I just want a god damn headset, why does this hafta be so hard?

If anyone can find me a 1-eared headset with a mic that is USB, I'll give you a cookie. I'd prefer something below $40 and if you could find something at bestbuy that would be good, seeing as how I have like a $50 gift card for there that I need to spend.
Old 2004-03-20, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Just get a lapel mic then.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-03-20, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

yeah why have 2 different sound sources. Just have game sound going into the headset too, but if you don't like the quality of the headset, just use speakers, and get just a mic. If you are going to be heavily specific and picky then you should do a better job of looking yourself. Don't yell at us for not finding exactly what you want, it doesn't make sense.
Old 2004-03-21, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

7.1 > headphones

I want to be able to hear the people though, since I turn my speakers up fairly loud when I'm playing a game, I doubt I'd be able to filter out people screaming between assault rifle blasts. It might be a difficult task.

Not to sound rude here, because I appreciate all your help, but I don't want other ideas or suggestions, I just want a headset with those specifications.

It was a $40 gift card and I think I am going to sell it to a friend for $38 and order a plantronics or other nice quality headset. I'm sure I'll have to spend more money now, but we'll see.

Edit: W00T!!! I found what I was looking for. Please tell me this is a really good headset. From reading reviews and such, a lot of people say it is. I'll let you guys decide:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...eId=cat1430032

Edit2: If you could find this exact headset at a local store like bestbuy, circuit city, wal-mart, whatever, I'll give you 5 cookies! I'd prefer not to pay the shipping and handling if I could just drive somewhere and buy it .

Edit3: W00T! I found it for $45 on Amazon. I'll keep looking. I'm sure you guys are excited for me .

Edit4: Ok Amazon is the best place I found, and free shipping since it's over $25...good deal. Im done.

Last edited by dscytherulez; 2004-03-21 at 10:22 AM.
Old 2004-03-21, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Cyanide
Major

http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/lva8711regw.html

USB
Single ear piece
Boom mic
Inline volume and mic controls
11 foot shielded cord
$14.95 + shipping
Old 2004-03-21, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

I have same problem
Old 2004-03-21, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Cyanide
http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/lva8711regw.html

USB
Single ear piece
Boom mic
Inline volume and mic controls
11 foot shielded cord
$14.95 + shipping
DAMNIT!!! That one looks nice. But, I already order the Plantronics. That sucks. Oh well, it was only $45 total, the shipping was free and there was no tax. That one is also a refurbished set, not retail, which I usually don't like to buy. Does it come with software? The Plantronics comes with all kinds of software I think.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum