PSU: so much to spam, so little time
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions

Old 2012-08-20, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kable
Private

A young boy's dream

Hello guys, I go by with many nicknames but let's hope I'll manage to stick with this one in PS2.

I come from a rich background of gaming, mainly FPS's. I think the first time I played FPS I was 6 and it was either Doom or Quake but it was only for several hours and I didn't get to experience it all. Then I played Delta Force but my first real passion was Half Life. I picked it just two years later on it's multiplayer demo, in an internet cafe and I was mesmerized by it. The fast paced action, the gunplay, the long-jump mechanic... Everything just felt like it was built for me. I quickly learned how to play it on a high level and even won a lan tournament at age 8... which got me almost beat up by an 18 year old that got pissed off at me. But that didn't stop my heart from getting captured by the FPS genre and it has been the dominant type of games I play these days ever since

(Don't get me wrong... My two favorite games are Shadow of the Colossus and Prince of Persia 2008, and I play a lot of LoL)

After that I became a highly competitive player. I always strive for beautiful plays and winning but never seemed to find the people with a mindset close to mine with who we could try to go "pro"... Of course I was held back by the fact I was a teenager at the time too, with no personal computer and only a few bucks for i-net cafes per week. That didn't stop me from getting into CS (with clan and everything) though and after that into Battlefield 1942, but my biggest passion was really Battlefield Vietnam. It's to this day one of my favorite team-based shooters. Great feel to this game, awesome heli's and jets and the shooting and tank-fights were one of my favorites... Not to mention playing the radio in a heli with 3 friends in it while we all sit next to each other singing "War, huh... What is it good for? Absolutely nothing"... Crazy days...

Ever since HL though I started imagining that one day I'd be able to find a game that was like a real war where hundreds of people will be able to play and fight against each other. At one point I thought that BF: Vietnam was enough for me but the scale still wasn't large enough. And the action got fragmented because of the fact that the maps changed after a certain time.

Not that long after I heard of a game that might've made all my dreams possible... Yes... That was the original Planetside. BUT! I never played it. Why? Because of the gunplay really. Heard it had no proper locational damage, saw a gameplay video on a local channel showing how it all went... And I said to myself that this game is still not it. So I went on playing other games, stopped FPS's for a while got into f2p games, got into my national team for the game Crossfire (a CS clone) and we could've easily went to WCG but we didn't have the sponsorship to do that. So I kept on waiting... Played CoD, played BF... But never did my hunger got satisfied.

And now I stand beside you guys hoping that PS2 will finally fulfill a young boy's dream of fighting with his brothers in arms, striving towards perfection, towards being a legend.

So this was my "brief" introduction. Hope I didn't bore you too much with it but if you managed to get to here I'm pretty sure you can handle on just a little bit longer.

Regarding to PS2 I still haven't chosen a faction. When asked by Valkyrie over on twitter about it I answered like that:

I haven't really decided yet. TR appeal to me from a gameplay point of view with their fast air ship and weapons. VS look absolutely amazing and do feel close to my personality and ideals... Also they are a bit arrogant so I kinda like that. And last but not least the NC appeal to me because of their freedom-fighting. The other 2 have cause worth fighting for. NC have a cause worth dieing for!

But I know one thing... The moment I choose a faction, I'll be dead before I switch.

Last edited by Kable; 2012-08-20 at 04:15 PM.
Old 2012-08-20, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: A child's dream

Welcome to PSU

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-08-20, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
THrONeBeaST
Sexy Beast

Welcome

Dragonwolves - Recruting Officer

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 2012-08-21, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kable
Private

Thank you.
Old 2012-08-21, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

hiya and welcome to the psu.
Old 2012-08-21, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Yeah... My suggestion is this:

Join TR + pick a good outfit = life complete .
Old 2012-08-21, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vanessa
Private

As long as you like, whether to choose what is right.
Old 2012-08-22, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Heya and welcome to psu. Great intro thread and those are a lot of really awesome games you listed, battlefield vietnam really was a great game, i love any of the vietnam era setting style fps games. Good luck to you and best of luck deciding on a faction. I know thats the toughest thing about playing planetside.
Old 2012-08-23, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Kable
Private

Thank you guys for the warm welcome and for the invites for various outfits. I will respond to everyone shortly.
Old 2012-08-23, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Sent you a PM. I think you'll like what you see.
Watch as I play various FPS titles every night from 9-12 EST
Old 2012-08-27, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Kable
Private

And so I joined NC... Had really thinking about people's offers of joining a faction and an outfit, most of them being VS players, which seem the most active in recruiting. No wonder it seems that there are more of them.

I decided I will play on the EU based servers just because I live in Europe and I would get more there in terms of gameplay quality, especially if there comes a day that PS2 becomes competitive.

But I will move to US based servers if I feel like the level of gaming is higher there.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions