Lazy TR - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Lakes destroying our Skeeters since 2002.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-30, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Ok, before you go on more TR are lazy and unorganized, I'll have you know this weekend we had like 4 continents locked simulatenously and almost 5.. I have a damn screenie around here somewhere.
Old 2003-04-30, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by tmartinez72
Camping a warpgate? Uhmm, Isn't that rather....boring? You don't even get awhole lot of xp.
Yeah, but for that brief period, it makes them feel as if their ePenis is of massive proportions.
Old 2003-04-30, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

2nd the easiest way to own at a battle is to portal keep camp or in this case warpgate keep its easy to kill them off when they enter a new zone
Considering when you're in a warp bubble you can't shoot and outside the bubble you can't shoot in, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Are you even playing in the Beta?

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-04-30, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
xen3
Private

Its not that the terrians are lazy its that you fell for our trap.

While you were looking at the warp gate we were doing what we wnated else where.

Old 2003-04-30, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Intrepid00
Private

If I was a TR spy I could have had field day with boomers.
Old 2003-04-30, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Seer
Major

I see some people here need to take themselves less seriously.

And of course, the hope was not that we could get a bunch of lame kills by camping their warpgate. The hope was that they would go back to Sanc and say "The vanu are at our warpgate! Let's drive them back!" and maybe organize some real resistance. Didn't happen.
Old 2003-04-30, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
TheAngelOfWar
Sergeant

you can very well shoot in. when i first logged on and went to ishundar i wasnt even at the bubble edge yet and turrets opened up on me. you just cant fire from within. gotta run to the back side of the bubble and go around =P
Old 2003-04-30, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Robot
Major

Originally posted by Warborn
Yeah, but for that brief period, it makes them feel as if their ePenis is of massive proportions.
Warp gate camping is really fun, actually, because I usually run down and all of the enemies go into the warp bubble, so I run into it and start jumping ontop of their reavers or doing voice emotes
Old 2003-04-30, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Seer
And of course, the hope was not that we could get a bunch of lame kills by camping their warpgate. The hope was that they would go back to Sanc and say "The vanu are at our warpgate! Let's drive them back!" and maybe organize some real resistance. Didn't happen.
You really thought that would happen? Christ. I guarentee you that once you camped the portal, virtually everyone that knows you were camping it went to a different portal. Oddly enough, it's not many peoples' idea of fun to go to a continent that is being portal camped so that they can maybe push the enemy away from the portal while only getting killed about 20 times in the process. Being farmed is not fun, unless of course you're one farming.
Old 2003-04-30, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Seer
Major

Oh please, there weren't that many of us there. Maybe 50. It'd take a handful of tanks to break us up and even less to cap the tower that was close enough to the gate to hit with a rock.

Camping a sanc gate is provocation, like the scene in braveheart where the scots mooned the british. I can see we at least got one person's blood boiling, even if the rest of them just chose the path of least resistance.
Old 2003-04-30, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
FliggenMan
Sergeant

if yur dum enough to actually continously try to enter a "defended" warp gate, than you should just be making slop in the tr galleys. just go somewhere else or use a galaxy.
Old 2003-04-30, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Spartan
Sergeant

I must say...the anarchists have big mouths for their complete lack of talent. At any point in game (In johari) NC has held maybe 1 continent at a time. Ever. They call terrans lazy because we're smart enough not to run into bullets. Had we wanted to we could have gone around to a different warp gate, but why not let you guys waste your time and spread your forces thin? While you guard one gate, we go take over 2 of your continents. And until you've been Terran, don't call them rednecks. Or stupid.
Old 2003-04-30, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

You do realize that TR is the only empire to consistantly have multiple continents locked down. NC and Vanu have done it, but not as often. That right there is the biggest argument that either the TR weapons need to be scaled back or the TR/VS weapons brought up to par. The last couple increases have brought them close but they're not quite there yet, this applies mostly to the Med asault and the mini-chaingun/Lashr/Jackahmmer (Heavy assault?). Well that and the TR AV (formerly AI) MAX. That thing still chews infantry up too fast.

So by all means, continue to lock more continents that the other factions, oh and brag too, it'll be amusing once the devs realize why you're consistanly doing it, assuming they do

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-04-30, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
tmartinez72
Sergeant

It's not because of the weapons imbalance that the TR continually lock down continents.

It's the colors, man. Black and red. Every newbie wants to be TR. They just look so much cooler. It's simple numbers.

Old 2003-04-30, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Oh please, there weren't that many of us there. Maybe 50. It'd take a handful of tanks to break us up and even less to cap the tower that was close enough to the gate to hit with a rock.
With such an asinine statement I'd question whether you're even playing the same game as I am. But taking another look at the pictures you posted, with all the MAXs jumping around, turrets placed all around the gate, and the tank you took the pictures from, it's obvious that you're trying to downplay the situation to make it seem like you weren't actually camping the gate hardcore.

Oh, and that tower that is close enough to hit a rock from, is that the same one you'd be respawning from whenever you get killed by attacking Terrans? Yeah, towers are totally effortless to take. It would have been so easy to dislodge your camping crew. The Terrans on that server must obviously suck hard for not being able to get rid of you.

I can see we at least got one person's blood boiling, even if the rest of them just chose the path of least resistance.
I play on Markov, and didn't know about this until you started bragging about it.

Last edited by Warborn; 2003-04-30 at 05:54 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion