Few questions reguarding the interview i just read - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look a distraction!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-25, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
kinkaito
Private

Few questions reguarding the interview i just read

i've read http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...dley-qa-79.htm

and i've been looking around on the fourms for answers reguarding the interview, and i can't find any so, my last resort is to make a thread about it and hope i dont get moaned at too hard.

I've been reading the fourms for a while, but i'm not one for actualy wanting to post on fourms rather read comments/see if simular questions have been asked (i don't like typing on fourms because im dislexic and people just take the piss out of my spelling mistakes, and the last 15 or so years have taught me not to bother going there so..)

There was two questions that poped into my head,
1) is it going to be free to play? it mentions a cash shop, i mean, ive not seen a MMO or FPS where you've had to pay monthly and have a cash shop (Although cash shops tend to make more money in the short term, but attract more players, which is what Planet side needs (i did play PLanet side 1 for a bit)
If it is free to play, i hope it isn't totaly free though (no offence to younger people, but they do tend to think there "Gods gift" these days and spoil alot of games thinking there better then adults (likewise adults think the same, the only differnce is, 9 times outta 10, there not immature or childish about it) alot of people liked the guild wars system Buy the game once, and play whever you want. which also worked for CoD/Bf series (FPS) so with a cash shop i could see a long term support happening.

2) It says "We will have the three year development plan"
After waiting years to get any form of infomation and recently been given solid infomation (not screenshots or here say) does that mean the three year plan starts from now?
aka Closed beta, Open beta, Fixes then release? over the next three years?
Or are we at the point were its just going to go closed beta > Release within the next year or two?

I'm sorry if it's been answerd but ive not found any infomation in relation to the questions, i admit i stoped looking hard core a while ago, due to almost giving up on the game being released, and when i started looking into it again ive not seen them answerd, although they may have been.
Old 2011-07-25, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Re: Few questions reguarding the interview i just read

Regarding the "3 year plan." This is more on the progress after release. SOE has had problems in the past with releasing crap the gaming community doesn't want.

So rather than go through the headache this time around, they are going to propose ideas, so we can hopefully help in the yay or nay process. Hopefully to avoid a catastrophic BFR fiasco.

They have done a good job so far of trying to come on these forums and keep us as informed as possible, so hopefully they will continue to do so, and this game can be truly epic.
Old 2011-07-25, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bags
Lieutenant General

All they've said is there will be some F2P aspect and a cosmetic cash shop.
Old 2011-07-25, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Raymac
Brigadier General

mmmmmm oohhhhhh kinkaito, ohhhhh yeaahhhh.......oh sorry, I thought you meant a different kind of moaning. Welcome to the forums

1) They have been careful to avoid discussing the business model except for hinting that there might be some f2p aspect. Looking at the trend of MMOs out there today, I'm predicting we'll see the game be a combo of f2p and premium subscriptions, but thats just a guess.

2) The 3 year plan they've mentioned will be the plan for what the intend to do for the 3 years AFTER release. It's a way to get the information out there and get feedback so the updates can be as successful as possible. For example, in the 3 year plan, they may say "for the 1st expansion, we will have caves" to which the community can say "oh hell no" so the devs can make changes.
Old 2011-07-25, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
kinkaito
Private

Thank you all for the posts and replys ^^
My friends will be happy to hear about the "Some f2p aspects" as that kept them away from the original planet side (no idea why, but hey some people are not hard core FPS'ers lol)
It's nice to hear there going to support the game for atleast 3 years (i must admit, with most FPS these days, its more of a 6 month support of the game, then ditch it for another) im glad, Very glad the game will get support for atleast 3 years before moving to another, hopefully even better! then before release,

@Raymac
That kind of moaning, is always welcome
Old 2011-07-25, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by kinkaito View Post
1) is it going to be free to play? it mentions a cash shop, i mean, ive not seen a MMO or FPS where you've had to pay monthly and have a cash shop*** (Although cash shops tend to make more money in the short term, but attract more players, which is what Planet side needs (i did play PLanet side 1 for a bit)
***World of Warcraft it's a pretty hard game to miss

No news on the business model yet unfortunately. Personally I would assume there's some sort of monthly fee, but that's just me.
Old 2011-07-25, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Aractain
Major

A full box price, a monthly fee AND a cash shop is going to seriously put people off when all they get is massive scale warfare.

But they havn't gone into any detail about that at all yet.
Old 2011-07-25, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
***World of Warcraft it's a pretty hard game to miss.
Kinda OT here, but WoW doesn't have a cash shop. He's talking about an in-game function where you can make additional credit card payments for things like weapon attachments and new armor textures.

-HC13
Old 2011-07-25, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
Kinda OT here, but WoW doesn't have a cash shop. He's talking about an in-game function where you can make additional credit card payments for things like weapon attachments and new armor textures.

-HC13
well you can spend money to gain ingame items with cash, id call that a cash shop.
Old 2011-07-25, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SavageB
First Sergeant

$49.99 for the game, almost sure it will come with one free month and then the standard MMO price after that, Id say anywhere from 13.99-15 ish I think the game will have continual support over the years, this wont be a ditch effort after the first few months. Welcome to the forums
Old 2011-07-25, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post

-HC13
Which is exactly what the WoW item shop is.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion