Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-07-24, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Post More LLU Details

Sporkfire has posted some more details on the Lattice Logic Unit system:
The Lattice Logic Module is obviously a large addition to PlanetSide. What we are asking people to focus on is the word "addition." We feel that the system itself has a lot to offer the flow of this game we're making and will add more depth to an already engaging game. The other reason the word "addition" is significant is because it is not planned as a global replacement for the current style of base-capture. Having a variety of methods, one of them being the current capture and hold style and the other involving the Lattice Logic Module is intended to give players a variety of situations to wage battle in a given play session. Both styles have their advantages, and combined with the feedback we receive from the community, we can make base capture an even more compelling experience than it ever has been.

Members of the community have brought up certain concerns about the implementation of this system. These are completely understandable concerns. An addition this big mandates careful design attention as it is played through. We've talked about risk vs. reward in relation to several systems in the past. This may be a risk, but the potential rewards that will come from the improved gameplay will be worth it. We've always monitored the community's opinion on the flow of the game. Our game is vastly improved thanks to this continual communication. The community's feedback will guide us through this addition just as much as it has before.
So it appears they plan on keeping both systems in the game? Sounds confusing to me. Check out the original thread here, or feel free to discuss it here on PSU by clicking the comments link.

> > Comment Thread

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions