Official PS Wish List - Page 19 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Its a bird! Its a plane! Its sigbot!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-11, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #271
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Another good idea, in a vehicle you have three options as to who can enter. Squad, Empire, and locked. I think Outfit should be a choice.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-08-11, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #272
ViperGTS
Banned

ya
Old 2003-08-11, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #273
Volition
Private

AN AUSTRALIAN SERVER FFS!!!
Old 2003-08-12, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #274
BigTexas
Corporal

A pickup truck, or some type of vehicle where passengers arent exactly passengers, in the sense that they can jump in or out of the vehicle when they see fit and fire their small arms while being transported.

Also, some type of action roll, or dodge maneuver. It would have the same sort of delay that you have between jumps and use a bit of stamina, but it would allow you to dodge behind a wall to evade an incoming grenade... or tank.

Allowing the player to edit the in game music without going around the launchpad. I personally have 2 music folders for Planetside, once the launchpad is through scanning I move the folder with the renamed MP3's in place of the original this way I can listen to the Monday Night Football theme when ever I gain a rank.

The option to replace the graphics in the chat box with the more traditional messages of other first person shooters. For example, instead of seeing "BigTexas (The picture of a rocklet rifle) Infernoe", you would see a message along the lines of "BigTexas' Rocklet Rifle incinerated Infernoe." Its not a big deal, but I would really prefer that.

In game marriages, another stupid addition, but it would be fun to attend just for the 21,000 gun salute as they walked down the aisle.

Something to do while waiting for the HART, I know its stupid, but that can be a long ten minutes sometimes. Maybe a VR section where you can play Blackjack, or ******, or Pool.
Buzz_Lightbeer bids 42 XP
CodenameCuddles raises 18 XP
BigTexas folds
Old 2003-08-12, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #275
BigTexas
Corporal

I am aware I could have simply amended my previous post, but people tend to skip the long ones, myself included.

A reason to use the bunkers, which for the time being are just useless holes in the ground, that far too few actually make use of. They should perform some type of function that would make them more of a strategic vantage point. Any of the following three options would work well in my opinion: Place an equipment terminal inside the bunker (without MAX support, much like an AMS), allowing whomever was inside an infinite ammunition supply, and the option of changing equipment. A stationary weapon with limited pivot, for instance a machine gun similar to that on the harraser that could fire 90 degrees from one of the openings in the bunker. Or, simply add a lock to the outside door of the bunker, so that defenders would be sightly (very slighty) more secure.

A small vehicle pad at certain towers that would allow you to obtain non-tech plant vehicles. Such as the Harrasser and the Basilisk. Not only would this make these vehicles much more useful and common, but this would make certain towers more desirable and more valuable, instead of just a stepping stone toward capturing a base.

Deployable weapons, not like the spitfire, or boomer, but heavy weapons, that require you to stop moving in order to fire. For instance, some type of heavy machine gun with a limited foward pivot. An indirect anti personnel weapon, such as a mortar. A heavy TOW missle, something like a cross between a Decimator and a Phoenix.

Different types of ammunition for vehicles. For instance, allowing a Reaver to carry 8 heavy missles with damage potential something along the lines of the Vangaurds main cannon, instead of its normal load of missles. Or allowing the Sunderer and Lightning to carry heavy explosive ammunition that would do increased damage to vehicles, but reduced damage to infantry.

A scout craft, it would not be a vehicle, but more a missle without a warhead. It would take up inventory space similar to a Decimator rocket, and once "fired" could then be flown via remote control, like any of the other air vehicles in the game. It would last either until shot down, the user stopped controlling it, or it reached a certain range from the player using it. The range would of course be quite long, that way it could act as a foward scout, or could fly to a nearby base to observe whether aid was required or not, so that a squad would not have to send a player across the continent to check on a base that may not even need assitance.

Last edited by BigTexas; 2003-08-12 at 03:29 AM.
Old 2003-08-12, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #276
TheRegurgitator
Major

2 cert camouflage and face paint
Old 2003-08-12, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #277
CrazyCrazy
Corporal

Originally posted by Pattywick

cool idea, but I don'tt hink it should cost any cert points. Maybe you shoudl get special armor upgrades and stuff as part of how many kills you have, or when you reach BR 20.
Old 2003-08-14, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #278
Gilgamesh
Private

WISH LIST: no particular order.

1) Improve armor on Lightning.

2) improve guns on galaxy and Deliverer.

3) improve weapons on skyguard (so that it missle locks on
targets).

4) Fix problem with threshers, they damage to easy going over
terrain.

5) Add caves, underground structures, marinas to terrain.

6) Outfit logos on body armour.

7) separate locks for driver seat and weapons on vehicles, allows
players to use guns when parked, but not drive off with your
wheels.

8) time bombs, that can be placed on wall, ground etc, different
time settings, capable of blowing a tank up too. someone has
to get out and destroy it or hack it before it blows.

9) Space bases.

10) Ships, ocean bases, yeah i know i know, expansion set.
Old 2003-08-14, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #279
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Pattywick
This could be an advanced infiltrations suit. Something that would let you walk (hold down Shift) and as long as your close to a wall, tree, bush, or any object, your are completely cloaked, (Like a cloaker standing still)It should have two pistol slots and about 50 or 100 armor. NO rifle slot. An invisible sniper is FAR to affective
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-08-14, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #280
Eilerson
Private

To happen across a lashergimp, without lagging and dying.
Old 2003-08-14, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #281
ViperGTS
Banned

a stick ya know to hit things with or a katana(i know i spelled it wrong) a lonk curved at the end sword like the one from matrix reloaded that would be awsome
Old 2003-08-15, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #282
MadCowVF
Private

An Orbital Strike Base or 2 for each continent, whatever empire(s) control the OSB, their CR4 and CR5 commanders can then initiate OSs on said continent.

To get to the base, one would have to take a transport from their sanctuary. (Think HART that only goes to the OSB)

I think it would add a tad more strategy to the gameplay.

MC
Old 2003-08-15, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #283
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

To be able to throw your weapon. You don't know how many times I'll run out of ammo in a dual and just wish I could beat him to death with my rocklet rifle or something.

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2003-08-15 at 05:18 PM.
Old 2003-08-15, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #284
ViperGTS
Banned

lol
Old 2003-08-15, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #285
xmman
Private

Vehicle Cloaking Device

I would like to see a vehicle cloaking device. Galaxy pilots could drop their load and then land the Galaxy, then placing the device,like an ACE and activating the Cloak. Now I believe the item should take up a large part of the inventory, where only one may be carried. Also, It would have the same properties as the AMS (cloaking device).

I also think upgrades to vehicles would be awesome. For instance a player can change the armor, weapon, or say speed to benefit what they need. For example: If a player felt they needed more armor, then they would have to sacrifice some gun power and speed. If they wanted a faster tank, than they would sacrifice Armor, and etc....

That i all X
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion