Idea: A new class of suit to consider the "Mule" - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will PlanetSide run on my Mac?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2002-10-10, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
stick100
Corporal

Idea: A new class of suit to consider the "Mule"

Now that we know that there is no econonmy I thought of a support role that has not yet been mentioned. The Mule. A mule is typically used in other MMO's to transport or hold goods so that a persons main character does not have to deal with these items. In planetside it would make sense to wish to serve your squad by carring neccessary items such as ammunition, med kit ammo, repair kit ammo and so on. A player could get certified in something like a "transport suit" that would have medium class armor, but move like a heavy and have something like 3 times a heavies storage. This "mule" would have a large backpack on thier back that would take time to access possibly like a D2 style horadric cube that would take several seconds after you click on it to open. This person would be able to support stealth medics and stealth engineers and other classes that might need more equipment then they can carry. This class would be invaulable in supporting a long campain deep into enemy teritory.
I understand that this class would require art work (a new model) but this could be done relevitly easily. You could take the model for the medium suits and attach a large backpack to the back.
I also understand that some people will probably think that this class would be overpowering due to its ability to sustain itself for a long time, but I think that its carrying capacity is ofset by the loss of speed, time to access the backpack and several other conditions. Also this class would require BEP to certify in removing some of the versitility of the class. Also it would probalbly make sense to only allow this class into places(vehicles) that support heavies, this is because 1 the backpack would take up alot of space physically, 2 if you did not do this then this new "mule" suit would be the best suit for a pilot becuase they could carry tons of repair equipment and care nothing about the fact that thier footspeed has been slowed. I think this is a viable support role that has not yet been addressed.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion