Upcomming Surge Changes! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We came. We saw. We kicked its ass!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2004-03-12, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
KIAsan
First Sergeant
 
KIAsan's Avatar
 


HAHAHAHAA good bye surgile bunnyhopping warping exploiters!!!!! Yes, this is the best change ever. For all who will quit or not join because of it, good riddance!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
__________________
KIAsan [BWC]

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
KIAsan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Kaymon
Master Sergeant
 
Kaymon's Avatar
 


Originally Posted by Subterfuge
So they're just going to disable weapons while surging? Where's the logic behind that? Your feet cant move when your weapon is drawn? Yeah , real smart, how about actually giving a valid explanation rather then balance.
You mean to say that balance isn't a valid explanation for an exploit fit?

Originally Posted by Diddy Mao
n3rf'n surge is a bad Idea. Only Reason you see more NC use'n Surge then you would a VS or TR is because Our Main weapon the JH is most effective @ close range and only way to get in close enough without be picked off by a MCG or a Lasher was sure.
Ignoring the fact that you have a gauss rifle...

Use your weapons properly. The JH is not the be-all end-all weapon for the NC.
__________________
Kaymon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dscytherulez's Avatar
 


Originally Posted by Zatrais
Obiously you're using a shotgun at the wrong place if you have a 100 meter range between you and the target. You got the wrong gear so you deserve to die.
I don't do this. In fact, I rarely ever use my JH anymore. Gauss outside, scat max inside. When I get a timer on my scat max I'll use JH, until I can get it back. Another time I use jackhammer is when I'm flying. I pack that with my agile so I stand half a chance when I get shot down over a base. But if you get shot outside your screwed.

Besides, you can't tell me that there hasn't been a time where you were using one weapon and move from the inside to the outside? If you don't then you obviously get killed too much and you also deserve to die.
__________________

Last edited by dscytherulez; 2004-03-12 at 08:00 PM.
dscytherulez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Mango
First Lieutenant
 
Mango's Avatar
 


Woot!!!
__________________
Mango is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel
 
SilverLord's Avatar
 


I use the MCG about 70% of the time I'm playing PS and this change will not affect me at all. Now, I have a surgile with a JH on Markov and with this change, it won't affect me that much but it still does hurt the guy a little but now the NC guass will be everywhere. I say this is a problem because believe it or not, I'm more afraid of a guass than a JH because that thing is just effective at all ranges but so is the cycler.

TR is fine, VS are fine, the NC might get a little shaft on this but nothing they can't deal with. They might whine a bit more now though, nothing new.
__________________
xSilverLord
DARK, VS, old sig ^_^


SilverLord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 


This change will decrease my survivability as a sniper sigificantly whenever I play again. I was able to use Surge to great effect, because it takes two shots which you are virtually guarenteed to hit on to take out anyone. So long as you can strafe around, a lot of the time it was a free kill. Anyone not using a HA (or sometimes sweeper) couldn't get enough rounds into me before I reloaded and fired the killing shot.

It's that kind of cheap kill crap I detest, despite being guilty of it (survival instincts > *) and as such I am extremely pleased with this change.
Warborn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Mag
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Mag's Avatar
 


Spork just basically said, to the jackhammer users "Screw off, find a new way to play"
Mag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Foxd1e
Private
 


if you dont like it dont play it anymore, give it a chance first, this is nerfing everyone, all empires use the surge + HA, for me NC use it more than TR (naturaly) the Surgile JH + Agile armor is a good combo for NC, as well as the other empires.

- the stealthers will be more nerfed eg. running away very quickly, the boomer in the spawn will be harder for them too. (the whole boomer in the spawn is a piss off too)

overall this is a very good update, this games about teamwork, and the surgile HA that takes out over 5 guys is not cutting it for me personaly.

- Get rid of empire switching.
Foxd1e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major
 


You my friend, are very lame
Nice way to stay on topic. Ok fair enough. You want an Ad Hominen attack? Fuck. You. hows that?

I dont need to justify the way I spend my money but I can tell you that I am fed up and wont be giving it to these retards any longer. There just isnt any reason to. Plenty of other games out there to play, and plenty of other ways to spend my money
Queensidecastle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Foxd1e
Private
 


Thats exactly why your lame, calling them retards, and what the fuck for? because the game isnt how you like it? cos your a general whiner? dont give them your money, we dont care, they dont.
Foxd1e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa
 
Incompetent's Avatar
 


Originally Posted by KIAsan
HAHAHAHAA good bye surgile bunnyhopping warping exploiters!!!!! Yes, this is the best change ever. For all who will quit or not join because of it, good riddance!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
/agree

Seriously, by the reactions in both this thread and the OF, it is so easy to tell why the devs don't tell us shit. One god damn change gets posted and everyone is pronouncing the fucking apocalypse.
__________________
{BOHICA}
Incompetent is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major
 


/shrug a whole bunch of people are going to quit that may not have wanted to quit. So we are angry and have every right to be. This change is akin to your dog hungrily eating a pile of its own shit. Its a real stupid thing to do and really unnecessary. You change something so core to the game that has been in place for a year and your going to piss a whole lot of people off. This game just geeps getting worse so its now time to leave. I was patient during the retarted move of the decimator, I was patient during all the Lasher crap and all the Infiltrator bugs which are still not fixed. Its really not suprising this game has a new producer every 4 months.
Queensidecastle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
KIAsan
First Sergeant
 
KIAsan's Avatar
 


Play TR a while, then tell us about patience. However, see ya! And I said the same to whining TR who threatened to quit. If your going to give us the cartman (screw you guys, I'm going home), then all we can say is "don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out". If however, you stay around and play with the changes in place, then let us know if it really changed your gaming, then I for one will have respect for your argument. Until then, I repeat, lets see how this plays out before folks start whining. Hell, they are nerfing the TR maxes AGAIN, with their new fall damage model, but I ain't whining about it, until I see it in game. But that's another thread.
__________________
KIAsan [BWC]

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
KIAsan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant
 
Diddy Mao's Avatar
 


Originally Posted by Kaymon

Use your weapons properly. The JH is not the be-all end-all weapon for the NC.
The gauss wasn't designed to take on multiple enemies, sure it will excell in open terrain vs Lashers/MCG's but it will suffer up close being as it's not made for multiple targets. The Sweeper/JH "are" made for Multiple enemies, but you have to get in close enough to be effective (Which was done by with surge) Half you people don't know that 2/3rd's of the people that use surge have no idea they are warp'n till the hate tells start flow'n, Don't blame them blame the network code and such for not being able to keep up.

The Jackhammer is not the Only weapon but most use it, as same applies for the Vs and their Lashers and the TR and their MCG's. NC just keep get'tn hit with n3rf's, sooner or later we are all gonna be shoot'n n3rf guns.

People sure up against me all the time sure they ware but your dump enough to follow it, when they warp the end up and the same position so just wait for em there. Because you lapspics can't get decent kills and complain don't mean u have to ruin the game for the rest of us
__________________
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies

Last edited by Diddy Mao; 2004-03-12 at 11:16 PM.
Diddy Mao is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General
 
Dharkbayne's Avatar
 


Suprise Suprise! You Can Get Rexo, Use A Gauss For Long To Medium Range, Then When You're Close Enough, Get Out Your Jh To Finish Them Off! Wow! So Fucking Hard!
__________________
[Sig removed by forums changing color. Ph34r the design change.]

+200 Cool Pts
Dharkbayne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.