Hit indicators - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Headshots?? Wadda ya mean there are no headshots??
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-10, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Re: Hit indicators

Hit indicators are pointless and immersion breaking. If I throw a grenade into a room, I shouldn't be able to tell if it is safe just by watching the center of my screen and looking at the kill log. This game also has smoke grenades and vision impairing weather, right? This feature is the retarded incest baby of the undesirable class of games.

There should be a large delay on the kill log as well as no hit indicators. Players can quite easily confirm their kills, they don't need the game to do it for them. If they want to do this, maybe they should put on aim assist and invisible walls? I'm too stupid to play the game, after all.

Last edited by Otleaz; 2012-07-10 at 02:47 AM.
Old 2012-07-10, 02:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
super pretendo
First Sergeant

The sleep of reason produces CoD mechanics.
Old 2012-07-10, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
MrTinkles
Private

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
Hit indicators are pointless and immersion breaking. If I throw a grenade into a room, I shouldn't be able to tell if it is safe just by watching the center of my screen and looking at the kill log.
Absolutely right mate...can there be anything more ridiculous than the idea that you can sit in a tank and lob shells over a hill...wall etc and know that you're on target (or not) due to the hit indicator...(or thumper through a door...or whatever example you could put in here)?

And, yes I used it all the time...but that doesn't make it big or clever...

But..I'd be amazed if it wasn't in PS2....
Old 2012-07-10, 03:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rabaan
Corporal

Did anyone else put that video on Full screen at 1080p and pretend you were playing? or was it just me and i'm just plain weird?

Last edited by Rabaan; 2012-07-10 at 04:07 AM.
Old 2012-07-10, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rabaan View Post
Did anyone else put that video on Full screen at 1080p and pretend you were playing? of was it just me and i'm just plain weird?
Probably an NC thing. Completely normal, I think.
Old 2012-07-10, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info

Just because something is in a COD game does not mean its a bad and dumbed down feature COD used to be good once, not what it is now. They could turn the hit indicators off if you hit someone with a grenade and also turn them off if you can't actually see the target like in Promod (COD4 competitive mod)

I would have much rather see the Red orchestra HOS 2 style of hit detection were there is a small noise of a bullet going into someone (at a medium/short distance) and you look for the blood cloud behind the enemy. They also do a *ping* noise when you hit someone in the head, but this style would not work as well for PS2 because everyone is armor suited up (or in a Max) so you would get no blood cloud to confirm a hit.
Old 2012-07-10, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Momember
Corporal

Originally Posted by Rabaan View Post
Did anyone else put that video on Full screen at 1080p and pretend you were playing? or was it just me and i'm just plain weird?
I tried but rage quit after a minute or two out of how terribly I was playing
Old 2012-07-10, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Mechlord
Private

Old 2012-07-10, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
TAA
Staff Sergeant

I have no need for hit indicators and would like to turn them off when possible.

The ping noise when you kill someone by a headshot is incredibly rewarding though...
Old 2012-07-10, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

There should be an option in the ui for you realists to nerf yourselves by turning off hit indication. Personally Im going to need all the help I can get and hit indicators might not be enough.
Old 2012-07-10, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ivam Akorahil
Sergeant

i personaly greatly dislike hit indicators, to me thats metagaming
Old 2012-07-10, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
TAA
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
There should be an option in the ui for you realists to nerf yourselves by turning off hit indication. Personally Im going to need all the help I can get and hit indicators might not be enough.
I would have no problem with anyone using hit indicators - as long as I could turn them off. The only hit indicator I need is to see a corpse hit the ground...
Old 2012-07-10, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Deadeye
Sergeant

Lol. People still blaming everything on CoD. News flash to the 1% elitists: PS1 had hit indicators too.
Guess that was a crappy CoD style game too.

I like hit indicators because with the crap cone of fire in 1 it was nice to know you landed a bullet on target when the cof let said bullet go where you were pointing.

Guess it's another thing to add to the elitist complaint list. What's next? Oh yeah, how about no crosshairs. That's in COD too, can't have that. Either use sights or guess where the bullets are going. But that's enough off topic for now.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Rat
First Sergeant

A little off topic, but I really hope that the system has the ability to track crotch shots, you really need to be a expert marksman to hit a Vanu in the nads!!!
Old 2012-07-10, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Anyone arguing AGAINST hit indicators has clearly forgotten this is an MMO and we'll all have varying amounts of ping. Without a hit indicator it is incredibly difficult to know how far/fast you need to lead a target to compensate for your individual ping to the server at that specific moment in time.

I'm getting sick of this whole 'immersion' argument. It's a GAME. And many, many games were ruined because someone thought realism was more important than balance and mechanics.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion