PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now With More Cinnamon
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions

Old 2007-07-23, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
PSU Staff

They Are Coming***133;

Hot off the PlanetSide.com press:View this news post at PlanetSide.com.
Old 2007-07-26, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Re: They Are Coming�

So finally they realised the "faction alliances" don't work all that good without the Ancients

Old 2007-07-26, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I haven't played PS in quite a bit, what is coming? That videos doesn't explain too much.
Old 2007-07-26, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

From what I've seen this vid is the only hint that something is "coming" lots of speculation but thats about it.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2007-07-26, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Re: They Are Coming***133;

They are coming would have to mean auraxians, the earth terrains, lv4 tanks, new bases, pastry wars vehicles which already came, the original dev team/creators to work on the game(doesn't make sense.) the old towers(hence the auraxians though.), name anything else. I would say the auraxians! the symbol is auraxian isn't it?

Call me mister obvious.

Though I beleive Ivan called me big foot! See I can be like the Bear over the radio system. Big Bear. 8) But his cousin! Twisted with human dna and kept in a cage for several thousand years and mocked repeatedly wherever he goes!

Periodically you see me appear from the woods to make some mysterious appearence with blurry references and that noone beleives or cares about! Or calls you a liar for saying. But we all know the truth. Of course that makes anyone who beleives I'm hear one of those insane bigfoot beleivers!

Last edited by Ait'al; 2007-07-26 at 08:43 PM.
Old 2007-07-27, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
TehSoM
Private

Judging by what Raijn let slip in the thread, the Phantasm is coming, at at the very least map updates will be COMING, if not in the big update, as he let slip they were working on map updates.

Imagine what a 4th side/some other massive update + a server merger + maybe even reserves/completely open free trials could do for the game. We could see 2-3 pop locks a prime time again.
Old 2007-07-28, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Unfortunately, that doesn't make much sense, either -- no offense to all the players waiting for the Phantasm.

If that vehicle really was the planned update, the message would be "it is coming", not"they are coming". The identifier of the word "they" signifies a group rather than an individual object or class. Ait'al is right... I do believe the Auraxians are on their way

Old 2007-07-28, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
twisted
Private

what is coming? I don't understand.....sorry :s
Old 2007-07-29, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Yea. I'm going story driven event. Though it could mean that the phantasm comes because of it.!!! 8p *wink**wink* (I have no idea though.)

If they are not part of the game perminently, they could come in a way that is more or less purely story line based, like the meteors in a way, and create story that involves the items people are seeing in the training stuff so they can be introduced into the game. Along with possibly a rebending or some other even cooler story line events.

(I'm hoping to see those cool alien towers. But I"m guessing not. I did give them an idea about morphing spacial areas over the continents that could make them appear and disapear(or aka change). It would just inolve, probly, in it's simplist two almost identical conts overlaid onto each other. It could also give them time to introduce new base designs and then have them randomly appear inplace of the other base randomly over the cont along with whatever small or ingenious terrain changes they can come up with for whatever periods to make some additional ,what do you call it, freshness in the game. It could be set to auto change based on some weird caluclation too. And they could be affected by game fighting. But only so much. Basiclly the more fighting the more differences in the changes you see. but it will not determine which changes so it can not be predictable. It would just add to the algorithms math to make changes so it would basically be truly random but maybe relative to continent or area of hte planet.)(It would basically be, instead of the bending, the spacial warp affect. but could continuously change over the game during the day or hours)

Last edited by Ait'al; 2007-07-29 at 04:11 PM.
Old 2007-08-03, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Wetnose5
Private

and here is from the other of the 3 threads about the same damn thing -_-
Originally Posted by Wetnose5 View Post
Im not sure but it looks like what i was saying in the other thread about this, it may be a recollor of the TR Rexo. Can you see goggles? its hard to tell. Ok i just did many many stop frame things etc-

edit-
it is a recollored NC Rexo, with a jackhammer; and yes the "film" has a kind of darken effect...sad.

edit-
infact, i dont even think the skin was messed with in any other way besides it being green!
Old 2007-08-03, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Wetnose5
Private

Ok ive done a 100% Analysis of the video =)

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_GTJ...hp%3Ft%3D34402

the Camera is in the glitched area of the bio lab where a standard armor or cloaker can fit inside of one of the test tubes (hence the bubbles).

The armor is a re-textured NC Rexo, carrying a single Jack Hammer.

Have fun.
Old 2007-08-04, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Those people that are in the tubes in the basements will come out, oh noes!
Old 2007-08-10, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
serpent666
Private

i saw this in another forum

some guy reckons that they are called the "Black Ops"
(troops with 1000 health and 500 stamina)

but i think he is defiantly wrong, to me it seems like a new faction, a lost colony
Old 2007-08-15, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Didn't he say they got their butts kicked by the people they were supposed to be killing?
Old 2007-08-15, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dorest0rm
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by serpent666 View Post
i saw this in another forum

some guy reckons that they are called the "Black Ops"
(troops with 1000 health and 500 stamina)

but i think he is defiantly wrong, to me it seems like a new faction, a lost colony
the guy is right
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions