So, how did the weekend go in everyone's opinion? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We need more cowbell
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-21, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Seabass03
Corporal

So, how did the weekend go in everyone's opinion?

I was out of town for the Easter holiday but got a chance to successfully play Friday afternoon for about 2 hours with no lag or crashes. I know there were a ton of issues with the mini-patch but being able to play a cloaked TR for 2 hours and kill about 50 Vanu's was such a blast it almost completely put this game on a must buy status again. I was wondering how Saturday and Sunday went?
Old 2003-04-21, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sputty
Banned

Shitty. I still wasn't able to get a friend's extra cd-key and also I wasn't able to get much sleep. Awful. No sleep = bad
Old 2003-04-21, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
matt
Private

lagless and fun! crashed 3 times
Old 2003-04-21, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Got into a good squad yesterday, and it was great. The server didn't crash once, and there was some good firefights and caps. Most of the problems for me was my crappy-endowed computer, which is changing today.
Old 2003-04-21, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
alphabet
Private

Friday night was ok, however lagg issues and planet transfer crashes abound.

Saturday night was a nightmare, the servers kept crashing or kicking. The sanctuary bug was terrible as a lot of players couldnt login to get out of sanctuary and the new interface doesnt have an instant action for players who are already created.. you only get that option when you first create a player with the new login screens.

Also if you got in a wall turrent, you became stuck in it. The only way out was to choose 'instant action' from the esc menu. Then you would be magically whisked away to the other side of the planet.

Sunday night was wonderful, think I only got kicked once, the lagg has settled down a lot and the wall turrents were fixed. The HART is still busted and there are still big bugs, but it is really starting to come together.

alph
Old 2003-04-21, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
txMaddog
Corporal

Was ok for a Beta, got kicked to desktop 8 times, FPS lag kept hitting me (going to add another 512meg memory to see if it helps any), had problems getting on (usually during 'peal' hours).

Still I did get to BR 6, explored a few continents in my Wraith, did a hot ANT run (fun!) and generally had a fun time.

West Coast Planetside Server
"If it's not Flashy and in High Style then what's the point?!?!" - B.D.N.
Old 2003-04-21, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
zMessiahz
Sergeant

There is an instant action option on the escape menu dude. Problem was... it didn't work until sunday.

This game is fabulous. My initial impression after one weekend of play is that all the people complaining about balance are just whiners. I hope to do a full weapon report once I play all the empires and get some combat experience with everything.
Old 2003-04-21, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

New Dawn has moved into fourth place for NC outfits. I no longer crash to desktop every 15 seconds (added more ram) This game has become more addictive than crack 'n coffee. The HARTS, implant terminals, and wall turrets stopped working this weekend (all fixed except for the HARTS)[said they are going to fix it today].

Still getting lag spikes where it takes 30 seconds to reload, go through a door, switch ammo type etc... But they put up the new server and Personally I get A LOT less lag on it!!! so all in all
Old 2003-04-21, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
alphabet
Private

Originally posted by zMessiahz:
There is an instant action option on the escape menu dude. Problem was... it didn't work until sunday.
I dont think you got my point zMessiahz. I wasnt talking about the esc menu. In exclusive beta, before the mega patch, you had a choice BEFORE the world loaded, to either goto sanctuary or instant action. The new menu options at the character selection screen, do not give you that choice anymore.

So, when sanctuary was flooded with people, no one could login if your character's last logout was sactuary. If the choices would have remained at the character selection screen, people couldve chose instant action, to get around the sanctuary limit/crash.

That is the point I was trying to make. I hope it is clearer to you now.

alph
Old 2003-04-21, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sarah Jinstar
Staff Sergeant

I agree Friday was so so, Sat was horrendous but Sunday and this morning has been wonderful.

I just spent 2 hours with one of the best squads I've had the pleasure of playing with. Tons of teamwork. Everyone played their role, and the best part was no lag, no crashes not so much as a glitch to be found.

I love this game!!!!

Sig By Airlift
Old 2003-04-21, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
zMessiahz
Sergeant

Roger Alph
Old 2003-04-21, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

Nice. by the time sunday (a few patches later and the new server) came around, I was actually staying in game long enough to gain a few ranks.

by sunday late (around midnight or so) I was off trying new tactics in my reaver and even got into my first dogfight with an enemy aircraft. what a knockdown drag-out fight that was! my compliments to the opposing pilot, whoever you were. I won, but I think my reaver was being held together by willpower alone.

that was an awesome experience I havent had in a game in longer than I care to admit. this is really starting to take shape.

X
Old 2003-04-21, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Chanfan
Staff Sergeant

Alas, I was away this weekend, so only got to play Sunday night.

Lag wasn't bad - only in a few places, and luckily not in combat.

However, the server did drop me about 4 or so times. Generally seemed like whenever I was invoking some action.

I also was unable to delete my character - I'll have to check into that.
Old 2003-04-21, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EarlyDawn
Major General

Saturday was plagued with such server problems that I stopped trying. Sunday was insane, I had an awesome time with the NC, flying a Reaver.
Old 2003-04-21, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by OneManArmy
New Dawn has moved into fourth place for NC outfits.
How do you find out outfit rankings?

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion