head shots!!! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We have to pay money and we don't get jetpacks?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-08, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by Dio
I was hoping the max wasn't at all a tank but just a exoskleton, increase the grunt's power a lot but not making him invincible to anything less than a tank...

The way you described it though it will be invincible to anything but tanks...
neg, grenades, mines, armor piercing bullets work well. you just cant take it out alone in a light

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-08, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
�io
Lieutenant General

Yeah but that means 1-sacrificing a weapon slot just in case you run into a MAX and 2-that's IF one rocket is enough.

I don't mind the MAX being powerful, that's it's purpose. I just hope a dude with some skillz in med armor can eventually take down a MAX, otherwise people will have no choice but to use a MAX or tanks in battle so no assault combats no shotguns etc.
Old 2002-12-08, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hamma
PSU Admin

If you have skills you could probably do it, afterall you can move faster than him.. run around him faster than he can follow.. etc. PLus dont forget, the chances your gonna be working alone in a huge game like this are slim

Old 2002-12-08, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

if your squad is running around without any anti-tank weapons, you deserve whatever a MAX does to you or a tank or one of the other vehicles.
Old 2002-12-08, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
�io
Lieutenant General

Well in the other thread you said you got owned by a MAX and you were in med armor. Seems to me MAXs are very powerful.

Anywhoo like 90% of the things we talk about here we'll just have to wait till we play and see.
Old 2002-12-08, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thats because I was stupid, and indoors they are a bit more tricky. But again, your not going to be alone that often hehe

Old 2002-12-08, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Wait, Hamma, have you played the game?

EDIT - lol my bad! I didn't see your other thread about it.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-08, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
�io
Lieutenant General

Old 2002-12-09, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
cujoman39
Sergeant

headshots even out the field, light armor can be killed one headshot with a sniper rifle and it would take 3 or 4 to kill someone with heavy armor. light armor is harder to hit and heavy is easyer so it evens out the playing field.

I mean a light armor has less access to heavy weapons so they wont stand a chance against heavy armors and heavy armors are not going to be hard to control there just going to be slower giving them better accuracy!!!!!!!!
Old 2002-12-09, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
cujoman39
Sergeant

i hope that this game will have headshot because i dont want to see someone in light armor running in circles around a heavy for two minutes landing every shot.
Old 2002-12-09, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

we shall have to wait and see, only time will tell (with this and just about every topic)
Old 2002-12-09, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by cujoman39
i hope that this game will have headshot because i dont want to see someone in light armor running in circles around a heavy for two minutes landing every shot.
What does head shot damage have to do with someone running aroung hitting you?

The head shot damage isuse seem to be unrealted to an inability to even hit a target.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.

Last edited by Lexington_Steele; 2002-12-09 at 04:57 AM.
Old 2002-12-09, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Just so you know, the light armored people are supposed to be useless one on one with a MAX (heavy). The only way for lights to kill one would probably be a few of them all with anti-vehicular weapons and some luck and positioning.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-09, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Hamma
PSU Admin

Exactly its hard to do it alone, although im sure with some practice and skill, and the right loadout. Somone could do it.

Old 2002-12-09, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

So basically you want the sniper rifle to be useless?
Of course I don't want snipers to be useless. But you need to put it into perspective. What advantages does a sniper rifle have? Well, let's see: Long range, zoom capability, and high accuracy. And the disadvantages? Probably not that good up close unless you're lucky/very skilled, which makes no real difference considering you can probably carry a backup weapon, and a slow rate of fire. And you want to add the ability to do massive amounts of damage to the list of things good about the gun? Call me crazy, but why would anyone not use a gun that has high power, long range, and excellent accuracy when they can also take another gun to compensate for its slow reload and weakness at close range? Why use an assault rifle and spray bullets everywhere at medium range when you can carry an SMG and a sniper rifle?

Something like this right? :

-Sniper aims for head on Med armored grunt.

-Shoots him in the head, nothing happens

-Shoots him in the head again, grunt now knows where sniper is and is heading towards him

-Sniper shoots one last time, grunt arrives and kills him in one shotgun blast.

Ok now i get it.
More like:

- Sniper shoots a guy in Medium armor in the head and inflicts a lot of damage (perhaps 40%).

- Sniper aims for the body this time becase now the Medium armor is moving around looking for the sniper. Does another 30% damage.

- Because the sniper is far away and concealed in the terrain, the Medium armor has absolutely no idea where the sniper is. Even if he did know, it would take him at least 30 seconds to get within reasonable distance of the sniper for his assault rifle to do serious damage. In that amount of time, the Medium armor could have been killed again.

So in this case, what should the Medium armor do? Take cover. After all, he's with his Outfit. If he keeps his head down, he'll be fine, and then the Outfit's own sniper can deal with the enemy, or they can use vehicles to sniff out the sniper's location.

Seriously i get the whole dying by some shot from a guy i don't see pisses me off thing, i too get pissed off at snipers, but that's their job.
Their job is to add as much fun to the game as every other enemy. You think it's fun to die in a couple shots? Well, you're an exception. The vast majority of people who play these games do not enjoy being fodder for other players' amusement. Realism is not an objective, it's a tool. If something doesn't make the game more enjoyable on the whole, then it shouldn't be in the game, even if it is realistic.

And before this turns into yet another sniper debate i'm not suggestting 1 hit shots anywhere. As i said in the last debate head shots should kill a med armor in 2 or 3 shots, anything more means the sniper is useless.
It would make the sniper useless in the hands of a fool who is under the misconception (*prays he's accurate*) that the sniper rifle is a weapon which he can use to kill half a dozen people before he himself is taken down. Most snipers in games where there are snipers simply run around and use the gun like any other rifle. The weapon does a lot of damage, and after they get a good amount of experience with it, they can take out people using machien guns even at close range. I personally consider snipers to be the elite of a contemporary army. They're skilled marksmen and dangerous opponents. And that's what they should be in Planetside. The player should make the gun dangerous, not the other way around. If they make the gun do obscene amounts of damage, any monkey with a pair of eyes and set of digits can pick it up and probably kill at least one person before he dies himself. And that's precisely what will happen.

And take my word for it, any weapon that has long range and good accuracy will be used, no matter what damage it has. Those benefits alone make a sniper rifle better than nearly every other weapon when used in an open area.

Last edited by Warborn; 2002-12-09 at 09:08 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion