bugs related to cloakers - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Scratch here to reveal prize.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-26, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info
bugs related to cloakers

Theres a lot of bugs making it hard for cloakers specifically right now, which add on to the normal bugs that eveyone experiences and the fact taht we got no armor. The ones i can think of right off the top of my head are:
  • Darlklight Bug- Sometimes the DL icon doesn't appear over poeple's heads when they switch on DL
  • Gamma BUg- In certain vid cards, if they turn their gamma all the way up, they can see cloakers plain as day
  • Cloaking Bug- I've heard of instances where people can see cloakers with no DL and their gamma at normal levels
  • Dropped Items cloaked- Most of the time when a cloaker drops an item, that itme is cloaked on the ground, making it hard to find. This also adds on to the frustration of a weapons being dropped when switching it.

Personally i think the cloakers should have another pistol slot. I mean, would it really imbalance them enoug hto dramatically hurt the game? Most cloakers would most liekly use it for a REK.

Old 2003-07-26, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah these bugs suck so much. Also you forgot the bug where a newly spawned nme can see a cloaker as if they were uncloaked if the cloaker was in the spawn room when he spawned. That extra slot would be very helpful and wouldn't overpower the infie at all. Hell even if you wanted to make it so you *have* to have a rek in there I would take it.
Old 2003-07-26, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
EineBeBoP
Contributor
Pns Ndabut

Misc Info
Re: bugs related to cloakers

Originally posted by 1024
[*]Cloaking Bug- I've heard of instances where people can see cloakers with no DL and their gamma at normal levels
I can see cloakies pretty easily at normal gamma levels. if theyre perfectly stil, its hard but not impossible.
Old 2003-07-26, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

yeah reall y just make it only for a REK1
go post that on the OF
Old 2003-07-26, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Yeah I rarly get killed by a cloaker, on my comp they're pretty easy to see whenever they move even alittle bit. But I can't see them when they're not moving. The only time they ever kill me is when I've been shot up pretty good. Yesterday I was almost dead and I noticed a cloaker so I set a boomer to kill us both because I had low health. But when I backed up after setting it I backed up into his knife. I've also been a cloaker myself and some people I notice can't see me when I'm running in front of them and others can see me while I'm standing still and they don't have darklight.
Old 2003-07-26, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
JLeeAZN
Sergeant

Re: bugs related to cloakers

• Cloaking Bug- I've heard of instances where people can see cloakers with no DL and their gamma at normal levels
Yes, I have killed some idi0t infils that I could see perfectly...

I send them a tell to next time put their cloak on...
Old 2003-07-26, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Cease
First Sergeant

I really respect anyone who has the tolerance/patience to play a cloaker. I've tried it, and its certainly a different playstyle... and certainly not my playstyle.
Old 2003-07-26, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

Re: Re: bugs related to cloakers

Originally posted by EineBeBoP
I can see cloakies pretty easily at normal gamma levels. if theyre perfectly stil, its hard but not impossible.
with normal graphic settings, you SHOULDNT be able to see cloakers that are perfectly still....
Old 2003-07-26, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I learned something last night. Never underestimate the power of cloakers in numbers. Usually when I get hurt and nobody is around I run around until I find a cloaker and shoot at him. Well, last night this happened but I couldn't move around. Cloakers were surrounding me. I shot my rocklet gun strait down to try to take them with me as 4 or 5 cloakers all knifed me to death.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-26, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sleepwalker
Staff Sergeant

remember, though. if you had been surrounded my MAXES, you also would have died pretty easily.

it's all about preference. i don't technically have "armor", so to speak, but i consider cloaking a much more powerful damage deterrent. it does require a LOT of patience, finding the PERFECT time to strike, and i'm certainly not a master at it yet. the bugs get aggravating sometimes, but that's why i like infil. it's JUST bad enough that not everyone gets it. we've all seen (last week, in fact) what happens when the devs make something just a little bit too much better, and everyone jumps onto the bandwagon, meaning the weapon/armor is not only better, but also a LOT more common. if infils were better, that would be great, but that would also mean there would be a lot MORE infiltrators, which would be bad.

And i'm all out of ass.
Old 2003-07-26, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Cyskoraeban
Corporal

I play a cloaker myself, and I enjoy it thoroughly (spelling is right on that i think?) In any case, I have a Rage 128 Pro, and its crap... its 2 years old... sometimes during battle I'll get down to 0.6 FPS!!! I can also however see cloakers extremely easily, regardless of whether or not they are moving. What can I do about it? Nothing. However I will be getting a brand new Radeon 9700 Pro for $25 so that will fix the problem for me... but until then, I'll just keep on playing as usual.
Old 2003-07-26, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sleepwalker
Staff Sergeant

.6 FPS???????
FUNKY BUTTLOVIN!

And i'm all out of ass.
Old 2003-07-26, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Bismarck
Sergeant Major

To tell you the truth, even if a cloaker is crouching, but walking, I can see him from 100+ yards. I don't know why, if it's a bug or not. It's more of a flash, as if he was all out running, then he'll disappear again, but normally just that flash is enough.
Old 2003-07-26, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by Sleepwalker
remember, though. if you had been surrounded my MAXES, you also would have died pretty easily.

it's all about preference. i don't technically have "armor", so to speak, but i consider cloaking a much more powerful damage deterrent. it does require a LOT of patience, finding the PERFECT time to strike, and i'm certainly not a master at it yet. the bugs get aggravating sometimes, but that's why i like infil. it's JUST bad enough that not everyone gets it. we've all seen (last week, in fact) what happens when the devs make something just a little bit too much better, and everyone jumps onto the bandwagon, meaning the weapon/armor is not only better, but also a LOT more common. if infils were better, that would be great, but that would also mean there would be a lot MORE infiltrators, which would be bad.
Sorry to be so blunt, but no. Not everyone can be a cloaker. Being a cloaker in this game is liek palying a whole different game. To be a cloaker you have to have a lot of patience and you have to realize that you don't have to kill everything you see.

Almost anyone can pickup the lasher and spam the air with it, but not everyone can be a cloaker and succesfully make their way into enemy bases to destroy gens, weaken defenses, or destroy terminals.

Its just a completley different mindset.

Old 2003-07-26, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Sorry to be so blunt, but no. Not everyone can be a cloaker. Being a cloaker in this game is liek palying a whole different game. To be a cloaker you have to have a lot of patience and you have to realize that you don't have to kill everything you see.

Almost anyone can pickup the lasher and spam the air with it, but not everyone can be a cloaker and succesfully make their way into enemy bases to destroy gens, weaken defenses, or destroy terminals.

Its just a completley different mindset.
I agree. I tried playing a cloaker on another server, didn't work. Everytime I saw an enemy I would try to sneak up on him to kill him. I'd say I used my AMP WAY too much.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion