Why aren't VS kicking butt? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ban!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-26, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ps11
Private

Why aren't VS kicking butt?

If anybody has read some of my previous posts you will know that I have never even touch PS but it is a game that interests me and that is why I continue to bug you guys about it. My question is this: why don't more people play the VS? Even though they are the masters of none, they are very versatile and if I ever do play PS the Vanu will be my empire. Purple is kinda ugly but when you cream the opposition who cares right?
Old 2003-07-26, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

You obviously aren't playing this game. The VS are pwning right now cuz of the lasher. Everyoen is playing vs right now.

Old 2003-07-26, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

They aren't pwning but yes they are the zerg
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-26, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
smccord313
Private

Ya they are owning everyone. And I wouldn't exactly call them versatile when they rely entirely on two weapons, the lasher and the magmower.
Old 2003-07-26, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ps11
Private

Lasher

Yes I KNOW I"M NOT PLAYING THIS GAME IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE WITH A 28.8 MODEM. I read one post just now that says that the Vanu's lasher is kicking butt due to a bad patch. This true? No flamers.
Old 2003-07-26, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Searo
Second Lieutenant

The Lasher is fine. Also, I have a very slow modem and computer but I can play this game. Stay away from 30+ person battles and you're fine.
Old 2003-07-26, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: Lasher

Originally posted by ps11
Yes I KNOW I"M NOT PLAYING THIS GAME IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE WITH A 28.8 MODEM. I read one post just now that says that the Vanu's lasher is kicking butt due to a bad patch. This true? No flamers.
28.8? GOOD GOD! How old is your computer?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-26, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ps11
Private

Comp

Computer is fine: 2.0 ghz, radeon 9500 graphics card, 512 ram, 120gb hard drive, sound blaster audigy 2 platinum, etc. damn phone lines that's the prob.
Old 2003-07-26, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

28.8!? That's unheard of!!! How do you even get on this site!?!?!?
Old 2003-07-26, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ps11
Private

It takes a real man to wait 5 min for a site download lol. I'm gonna go buy PS and woop you guys even with 2 min lag muhaha.
Old 2003-07-26, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by smccord313
Ya they are owning everyone. And I wouldn't exactly call them versatile when they rely entirely on two weapons, the lasher and the magmower.
More versitile than relying on a JH or a Striker.
Old 2003-07-27, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Eliaas_Demens
First Sergeant

What are we supposed to rely on? Our AV weapon which uses no auto target or wire control? Our buggy that does horrible damage against anything bigger than a harasser? Perhaps our knife that in addition to the activated noise, glows as well to screw over our infiltrators? Give us a damn break. We're using our strengths.
Old 2003-07-27, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Cease
First Sergeant

Right now it is Lasher mania. No doubt about that. One sound you rarely hear anymore is the good ole "Wooot-Cha!" of the Lancer. According to the VS, the Lancer it was only good vs Maxes and light armor(assault buggies/lightnings/etc). Turns out the Lasher is darn good at those too. Makes sense why no one is using a Lancer anymore.

Thats my only beef with the Lasher. Much of your success in this game is using the right weapon for the right situation. The Lasher is one of the most versatile weapons in the game. For grunt work, there are very few "wrong" sitations for a Lasher in comparison to other weapons. Great vs Infantry. Nasty vs Maxes, takes out Spitfires in 2 hits(at range something a JH and MCG cant do), good spamming weapon for doorways and hallways(normally the job of grenades). Its the "Swiss Army" knife weapon of Planetside. Thats why my JH monkey switches out to a Lasher over the JH whenever the opportunity presents itself. Sure, the JH can kill inf just as fast as a Lasher, but the Lasher can do so much more.
Old 2003-07-27, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hertston
Corporal

Re: Lasher

Originally posted by ps11
I read one post just now that says that the Vanu's lasher is kicking butt due to a bad patch. This true? No flamers.
No, it isn't... just the other factions whining. I have marginal sympathy for TR, none whatsoever for NC.

The "improved" Lasher is still no more effective than the n00bhammer overall and only marginally better than MCG. A lot more people are using the Lasher now it's competitive (many Vanu preferred Special Assault), but there are no more proportionally than n00bhammer or even MCG users.

The other factions are just getting a taste of what the VS put up with before. A few have jumped ship from NC to VS because they've read the Lasher "owns"... the fact they are from NC rather than TR is because the only reason they played for THAT faction was that they thought the n00bhammer "owned". No doubt if the next patch porks up the MCG a bit (or nerfs the others - a better idea), they'll all jump to the TR.

Regardless, the maps still change hands three ways just as frequently, as before.
Old 2003-07-27, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
ghost018

I'm going to try and say this so nobody get's pissed off and thinks it's a nerf post, because it isn't. I've been against nerfing and probably always will be. But, I think the MCG still the weaker Heavy Assault weapon. Don't get me wrong, I love using it and is affective when in the hands of somebody like me, but the Lasher and Jackhammer both can kill you relatively faster. Since we all know the Jackhammer can kill in between two and four shots, I figured I'd fight the Vanu tonight and run a few tests. Lasher seemed to kill me with about two shots in reinforced armor with full health. Note that this was two direct hits. Other times, when I tried to dodge the orbs and check out the damaged received by it's splash, I was dead in three or four shots.

How long does it take to fire two shots, even four with the Jackhammer/Lasher? Now consider how long it usually take for a Terran to kill you using the MCG. Unless you stand still and allow them to take you out, it's usually a little longer. Just something to consider. Can't wait for the "j00 n00bi stfu" replies. In which case I'll direct you to my stats.

ghost

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion