Gameplay: Automatically Assign new Players to open Outfits - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Able to ride a tricycle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 2.62 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-07-15, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Re: Automatically Assign new Players to open Outfits

I'm more on the side of players being made aware of outfits at the beginning of the game, and what they are all about, but I'm not totally against the open outfits either that players would be assigned too.

Add the ability at character creation to either be immediately assigned to an open outfit at log-in or not, and I think it would be fine.
Old 2011-07-15, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I think it would be better if an "outift finder" were implemented. A place where outfits could advertise, state what they are looking for, etc. In such a system, an outfit could flag itself as "noob-friendly", i.e. indicate that it is open to inexperienced players. These outfits could indicated to the player via a tooltip when he initially opens the outfit finder or the game.

I don't believe that automatically dropping a player into a random outfit is a good idea because the player may not care for the particular style of play that that outfit specializes in (e.g. infantry, air, armor, etc.). With an outfit finder system, the player could read more about an outfit before deciding to join. In addition, if he finds that a particular outfit is not a good fit for him, he can leave and easily find another noob-friendly outfit to join.
Old 2011-07-15, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Haro
Master Sergeant

I think we could modify this idea to make it work best.

Hamma mentioned EVE online, where I believe, instead of a corporation, all new players up to a certain level share a com channel. Similar thing for us. Maybe it takes you to BR5 (or PS2 equivalent) but you can leave sooner. Gives you tools to group up with other members of this bracket automatically, maybe includes a few volunteer community managers from the playerbase or SoE employees to help out if people have problems. But by a certain level you are kicked out, and will have to find and join your own outfit or play on your own.

I can't think of any reasons why it shouldn't happen, and I don't think it would be very hard to implement. Great ideas here.
Old 2011-07-16, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Coreldan
Colonel

Overall speaking something I disliked about PS was a lack of some common comms. There's broadcast in friendly SoI, but if you were a mere noobie, you really had nowhere to ask what to do outside friendly SoI.

I hate bothering the CRs by sending them tells and ask what should I do as a not very seasoned player.

Or then I've missed some form of communication.
Old 2011-07-25, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I think mentoring > this. But the idea can definitely be in check, because it is not exactly bad solution.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault