Lockable and destroyable doors! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because cocaine is an 800 dollar a day habit!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-04-16, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Lockable and destroyable doors!

I dunno what the point of this would be really. What exactly is the issue this idea is trying to address? What is the problem you imagine this might fix, or how would it contribute to gameplay in some meaningful way? I just don't see what you're going for with this.
Old 2012-04-17, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Fenrod
Sergeant

Misc Info

That's a great idea too, even greater than your medic-dragging idea :P

I'd like to see that too.
Old 2012-04-17, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Purple
Sergeant Major

oh and btw since doors are now shields that only let your faction in unless hacked i dont see the point of any of this post.
Old 2012-04-17, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I dunno what the point of this would be really. What exactly is the issue this idea is trying to address? What is the problem you imagine this might fix, or how would it contribute to gameplay in some meaningful way? I just don't see what you're going for with this.
Edit** Psssst! Keeping out the draft......

There is no problem, there is no improvement. Its called an idea and its loosely based on my imagination and the way I like to play games. In the future I'm sure we all will have locked doors imagine that.

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
oh and btw since doors are now shields that only let your faction in unless hacked i dont see the point of any of this post.
This thread is way older than any of the recent PS2 content. Also you don't know half of what's in store within the game. So I don't see the point in your reply, a little premature you might say.

Originally Posted by Fenrod View Post
That's a great idea too, even greater than your medic-dragging idea :P

I'd like to see that too.
Well thank you.
Old 2012-04-18, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
Edit** Psssst! Keeping out the draft......

There is no problem, there is no improvement. Its called an idea and its loosely based on my imagination and the way I like to play games. In the future I'm sure we all will have locked doors imagine that.
In that case I don't think it's a good idea. Everything they do should have some real gameplay point to it. Changes like this done for their own sake, or out of a notion of "realism", stray from the point of all of this. Which is, of course, to make a good game.
Old 2012-04-18, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Yes plz! Perhaps diversity in doors too? Like maybe the engineer cert tree could branch, or have different types of doors in different branches. Some doors would be energy based and require a hacker with the appropriate cert to take it down. Another type of door would be made of hard steel (made from the resources gathered by taking territory). To counter that type of door someone with a ballistics cert must take it down. Of course some types of doors would only work in specific locations while other locations might allow all types of doors.
Hell to the yea

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault