Improvement: Main Battle Tank - Chassis Mod - Solution to Driver/Gunner Problem - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stalking devs so you don't have to.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-05-31, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Zekeen
Major

Re: Main Battle Tank - Chassis Mod - Solution to Driver/Gunner Problem

Originally Posted by Jinxsey View Post
I mean, does it meaningfuly add to the gameplay? I'm umming and ahhing. I like new toys but I think the MBTs should be the top end, going bigger to me just seems to de-value the tanks, and I've had that once already.
Really, it just makes it so you can stand a chance with designated gunner and driver, it also can help quell those of us who miss the old tanks and want it to be recognizable which are basic and which are designated.

You'll end up trading total firepower for armor and the ability to concentrate on mobility and attack.

Think of it like this - a basic MBT have the driver being able to hit with the cannon and the secondary providing heavy support such as anti tank missiles or even anti air. Meanwhile, the H-MBT will only have a bigger cannon with some better armor. The bigger cannon does more damage than the regular cannon, but less than a cannon AND missiles. The H-MBT chassis would also have more armor, but it's giving up the secondary gun. This limits its ability to deal out as much damage or fight aircraft.

And really, this is a good solution to make the designated driver/gunner mod more viable. Otherwise, you'll have a designated driver, but the gunner would have to operate the cannon and secondary guns separately, which would severely hurt the damage potential, since the TOW missiles has to be aimed till it hits to ensure impact, meaning you can't fire them both simultaneously.

The way the H-MBT works, is you have more cannon power, but not additional firepower except maybe a light machine gun for anti infantry, a coaxial machine gun. And because you are weaker, you have more armor, this is vital considering you have no anti air capacity. In the end, it balances out or is less than the basic MBT in total function, but the use of it would be very capable in adding to the game to make them more distinguished. It could also have different tactical roles than a basic MBT.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault