Crawling on the ground... missing? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nice flying ass hat
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-08-13, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
VikingKong
Sergeant

Re: Crawling on the ground... missing?

Originally Posted by Graf View Post
Lol! It would be cool if each class had its own special movement type. Light Assault gets jet pack an so does the MAX. Infiltrators get prone. Medics and Heavy assault get sprint, and Engineers could get a hover sled or something to attach to vehicals so the engineer can repair while the vehical is moving. Just a thought. This would further seperate classes, and implement cool new features while giving each class a type of movement that benifits the general playstyle that goes with that class.
Congrats, that's the most horrible idea I've heard all day*. Different play styles is one thing, movement keys randomly disabling themselves based on class is just something no game needs.

Player1: "Help! My sprint key has stopped working!"
Player2: "WTF? My jump key is borked!"
Player3: "Shit, I can't strafe all of a sudden. Time for a new keyboard."

*Not counting a re-read of Smed's blog post.

Originally Posted by Duskguy View Post
- a fast paced infantry combat (constant moving)
Which prone wouldn't effect in the slightest.
-less camping than prone COULD or possibly would allow/promote
People will camp (and why shouldn't they?). Nothing short of kicking players that don't move for x seconds will change that.
- infiltrators can go invisible.....whats the point of laying down to pretend you are invisible
Prone has nothing to do with visibility. It's all about minimising how much of you is shootable. Just like standing behind cover, which they seem to be encouraging.
-light assault are meant for mobility (jetpacks...) crawling would defeat the point of that mobility
Prone won't stop LAs jetting around any more than it will make HAs ditch their armour. "Sorry class's main selling point, I can lie down now so you're no longer needed."
-combat medics i could sort of understand prone for since they are suppossed to be behind the other infantry.
No they're not.
BUT they are given guns that work just as well as the other classes' and so this would create, literally, a class for dolphin diving.
Dolphin diving is a symptom of DICE and IW's inability to code/design for shit, not because of prone.

Last edited by VikingKong; 2012-08-13 at 11:41 AM.
Old 2012-08-13, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
khord
Private

I've only read the first few posts in thread but I'm definitely throwing my hand up for proning to be included in game.
Anything that stretches 'that much' closer to reality is immersive 'that much' more, and I would think it would make the overall battles 'that much' more dynamic.
Old 2012-08-13, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

*Huddles in the corner rocking back and forth*

Oh god, not the prone thread again...

*Heavy breathing quickens*

...they told me it was dead! They told me!

*Moves hands to clutch my head*

Why?! WHY?! WHHHHYYYY?!!!

Old 2012-08-14, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Harasus
Sergeant

Nothing against prone here. If you want a fast-paced game with prone, you can look at some Red Orchestra 2 vids.
I can live without prone, but I would love to have it in.
Old 2012-08-14, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Ryan The Lion View Post
Due to the fact that the battles will be on a large scale it is vital that prone should be given to infantry units. If 100 bullets are flying at me at once I would like to be able to lay down for cover.
This guy he gets it

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault