Outfit Forums, Calender, Site - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Find the error in this sentence.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-07-18, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Akadios
Sergeant

Outfit Forums, Calender, Site

With in game voice I think it would be great to go a step further and to have a guild website tie in directly from SOE. Nothing fancy just an official page with like a forum that could be permission-ed by guest / member / rank and a calender that can be set with outfit events.

The key here would be that they could tie this into game as well. So that when someone joins your outfit they automatically are added to the forums and can view the calender. They also would then be able to view the forums and calender from in game. (No images necessary just text like a mobile forum app). You could however access your outfit forums from out of game say like vanuranger.planetside2.com or something and it could be tied in with the mobile app.

The forums could be limited to like 6 sections or something and not have any file upload ability to reduce the server requirements. However with full BBcode support. This could easily be paid for with 1 non-animated and no sound ad on the top of the page and in fact probably yield profit for SOE while giving a great benefit towards organization for outfits.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Re: Outfit Forums, Calender, Site

I don't think any outfit would use a forum which is not operated on their own. You know, full functionality, no EULA signed, full administrative rights and privilegues, no moderation (but their own), no super mod (from SOE) etc...

I welcome every idea that helps organizing (like events etc. in your idea), but I don't think a PS-forumside is the solution for that.
Old 2012-07-18, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Outfit Forums, Calender, Site

It won't fly, unless it was accessible ingame and could be interfaced with a real forum and website.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault