Improvement: Dual Screen setup - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't say warez. Warez are bad.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-11-28, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Dual Screen setup

Very simple, if BF4 can do this with multiple screens, why cant PS2?

I really think that when we first heard about the Players Page that they had something like this in mind for it.
The Higby hype machine was working overtime and we had visions of grandeur.
But since its been released its seems like any further development to it has ceased and it will remain in its current dormant state for years to come.

I searched to see if there was similar recent thread that I could bump but there was'nt.
I did find this interesting thread from Malorn when he was free to express his concerns and share his ideas.
Its in regard to UI Customization and here's hoping he's been able to push his point directly to his colleague Jonny Weathers.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=39816

I do feel that with all of the recent work on optimization that anything like the suggested UI customization will be highly unlikly in the near future.
Perhaps the simple option to have the extended mini map on the second screen is not out of the question.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hZpDsPm.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	590.0 KB
ID:	1230   Click image for larger version

Name:	HHMLJeHh.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	1231  
Old 2013-11-29, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: Dual Screen setup

An excellent idea, as a squad leader I have lost count of how many times I've been killed by an infil/LA when I've been looking at the map, being able to run the map screen on a second monitor would be an awesome utility.
Old 2013-12-05, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Re: Dual Screen setup

I wouldn't mind having another display for the map at all, though it might also be useful for people wanting to change between combat and adjusting loadout.

If they could go into the store or their customisations on the second monitor; using their default key to switch to pointer, they could still jump back to the action without leaving those options screens if they need to kill somebody first

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault