Questions for Pro7 - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The reason "F5" is permanently imprinted on my index finger.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-03, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #181
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info
Re: Questions for Pro7

I want confirmation what will happen to my money that i have put into my soe account either converting all my points back to money and giving me a refund or a transfer to pro7 cash.

Also will pro7 be doing X2 and X3 cash deals like soe do?

Thanks for the answers i just need these 2 answered
Old 2012-08-03, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #182
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Brollywood, I noticed you avoided my question. I'm not surprised; the answer probably isn't something you wanted to share with your potential customers ahead of the 'switch over' but I would like to draw their attention to it, nonetheless.

-TR Oakley
Question: Will Region IP locking be used to ensure European players use ProSiebenSat.1 Games accounts over US accounts?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Yes. But remember, all your character data is still stored on the SOE side, you’re simply changing the “method of connection” to that data. You will still have the option to access the US servers by logging in with your ProSiebenSat.1 Games account.

My question - which you ignored - relates to all those players (and believe me when I say there are many) who intend to play on the US servers, despite having ISPs in Europe. Is your "method of connection" as you put it, to my character (to save progress, make sure I'm still logged in etc) going to mean my ping is going to be significantly higher than I am experiencing currently, connecting to SOE's servers during the Tech Test? I suspect I already know the answer and I imagine it will result in a considerable loss of income for your company as many of us circumvent your region lock.

Last edited by Dart; 2012-08-03 at 07:51 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #183
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

@dart: your method of logging in will not affect your ping to the respective server, that would not make sense.

Right now it is more important to know if our cash carries over.
Old 2012-08-03, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #184
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
@dart: your method of logging in will not affect your ping to the respective server, that would not make sense.

Right now it is more important to know if our cash carries over.
The cash has been answered pages ago. Your Station Cash will be converted to Pro7 cash.

Trying to judge the 'importance' of questions is spurious. For instance - I care little for the cash on your account. I am far more concerned about whether or not my clan will be able to play together without half of us having 300 ping. To me that is far more important. You get my point?

And my question isn't as cut and dried as you make out. During gameplay your character constantly needs to authenticate with the server in order to update, save progress, track kills, make sure you're still logged in etc. The key is whether or not that is done via SOE or by Pro7 for European gamers. If that authentication is performed by Pro7 then it will increase your ping to US servers. I asked this question on page 1 - it still hasn't been adequately answered.

Last edited by Dart; 2012-08-03 at 08:03 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #185
Merzun
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
And my question isn't as cut and dried as you make out. During gameplay your character constantly needs to authenticate with the server in order to update, save progress, track kills, make sure you're still logged in etc. The key is whether or not that is done via SOE or by Pro7 for European gamers. If that authentication is performed by Pro7 then it will increase your ping to US servers. I asked this question on page 1 - it still hasn't been adequately answered.
Just a guess here but i am almost 100% sure game and auth server are seperate. When you play there is no check with the auth server.
So you log in via Pro7 and then you are handed over to the game server you chose on which all your data is stored.
So you are directly connected to the game server so you get the ping to the server you are playing on. There is no routing through the auth server.
Just look at other mmos. There were cases where the auth servers were
down but people on the game servers could still play.

Last edited by Merzun; 2012-08-03 at 08:28 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #186
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Merzun View Post
Just look at other mmos. There where cases where the auth servers were
down but people on the game servers could still play.
Other mmos, yes - but not PS. You do have to authenticate during gameplay. That's why when the servers go down you are immediately disconnected. Now we just need to find out how things will work with Pro7. Brollywood is the only person who can really answer this.
Old 2012-08-03, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #187
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

The cash has been answered pages ago. Your Station Cash will be converted to Pro7 cash.
Nope, it has not been said by officials and Smed just stated the opposite.

Your problem on the other hand.. Probably does not exist. Well lets just say it would be a very stupid network setup and I can't imagine anything like it.

Edit: I know, I'm a dick sometimes

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2012-08-03 at 08:35 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #188
kuukl
Private

If that authentication is performed by Pro7 then it will increase your ping to US servers.
Why would it increase it significantly? That's a pretty wild claim especially when you don't know their system infrastructure.

Last edited by kuukl; 2012-08-03 at 08:55 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #189
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

And once again, we EUs get completely screwed over, by being handed over to a company that would completely ruin our community without hesitation. Yaaaaaaay. Not spending a single penny on Pro7 cash.
Old 2012-08-03, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #190
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by IHateMMOs View Post
And once again, we EUs get completely screwed over, by being handed over to a company that would completely ruin our community without hesitation. Yaaaaaaay. Not spending a single penny on Pro7 cash.
What did they do? I am almost sure Smedley misunderstood. Since the official FAQ states that we get our SC transferred to our prosieben account. And the people who play DUCO, already needed to transfer their SOE accounts over to a prosieben account. And they also got their Stationcash transferred to their new accounts.

Originally Posted by kuukl View Post
Why would it increase it significantly? That's a pretty wild claim especially when you don't know their system infrastructure.
This, I don't see as why ping would increase...
Old 2012-08-03, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #191
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
What did they do? I am almost sure Smedley misunderstood. Since the official FAQ states that we get our SC transferred to our prosieben account. And the people who play DUCO, already needed to transfer their SOE accounts over to a prosieben account. And they also got their Stationcash transferred to their new accounts.
But Smedley said that SC wont be transferred. He said they will be refunded. And would you rather pay for marketplace cash that only a portion of which goes to the devs, or cash that you know goes directly to the devs? I don't trust Pro7, what's more trust their currency, I want SC.

Last edited by IHateMMOs; 2012-08-03 at 09:31 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #192
dafuq
First Sergeant

But Smedley said that SC wont be transferred. He said they will be refunded. And would you rather pay for marketplace cash that only a portion of which goes to the devs, or cash that you know goes directly to the devs? I don't trust Pro7, what's more trust their currency, I want SC.

Q: Will there be a way of transferring my station cash to my Pro7 account?
A: if it's for the same game yes.

??

i dont trust pro7, and im not spending a single cent to buy stuff from them

Last edited by dafuq; 2012-08-03 at 09:33 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #193
bjorntju1
Captain

But Smedley said that SC wont be transferred.
I think he was referring to the fact that the people who don't like that their SC gets transferred to prosieben cash, can ask for a refund. It would be very odd that we don't get our cash transferred over, while DUCO players, who recently changed their account to a prosieben account, DID get their SC immediately changed over. It also said so in the mail that was sended out to DUCO players. I sended him an e-mail asking for some clarification.
Old 2012-08-03, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #194
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by dafuq View Post
Q:

i dont trust pro7, and im not spending a single cent to buy stuff from them
Someone finally understands me, Thank you.

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
I think he was referring to the fact that the people who don't like that their SC gets transferred to prosieben cash, can ask for a refund. It would be very odd that we don't get our cash transferred over, while DUCO players, who recently changed their account to a prosieben account, DID get their SC immediately changed over. It also said so in the mail that was sended out to DUCO players. I sended him an e-mail asking for some clarification.
But did he say anything about game data, he seemed to have dodged a question where someone asked him about game data and beta keys. Did he say anything about them being transferred?
Old 2012-08-03, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #195
bjorntju1
Captain

Allright, your loss . Those few people who aren't going to spend a single cent on this really doesn't matter for them. Since there are going to be A LOT of new players playing the game.

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-08-03 at 09:38 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion