666th Devil Dogs [NA] - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You'd rather read these quotes than play PlanetSide?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-10, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
dzuari
Private

Re: 666th Devil Dogs [NA]

Drunken Adventures of Hammer 3

Last edited by dzuari; 2012-09-12 at 12:35 PM.
Old 2012-09-11, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Experts agree:
"This is the best fucking outfit ever." ~Mike Hunt, NASA Scientist
"Why aren't you applying? Seriously: apply right now." ~Duke Nukem, Badass
"I remember playing with these geezers when I was but a young boy." ~Buzz Armstrong, Astronaut.
Old 2012-09-12, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

What else can I say, we are hosting Death Race 2012 on beta west 1 at 7pm est. get to the nc warpgate early and bring a quad to race on. The first chap to make it to the tr warpgate without dieing wins a faction specific dog tag. I love the Devil Dogs.
Old 2012-09-12, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
dzuari
Private

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vG7wULkl5tQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 2012-09-12, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
MonsterBone
First Sergeant

Now that is sweet
Old 2012-09-13, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #171
Atmosfear
Private

666th Devil Dogs: A Completely Honest Testimonial

Please allow me to share with you how "The 666th Devil Dogs" changed my life and in a very real and substantive way allowed me to overcome a severe crisis in my personal life.

It is well known that the premise of the New Conglomerate is freedom and liberty for all. Before discovering the Devil Dogs, I knew nothing of these principles except for what my military commanders in the Terran Republic had told me, and had actually participated in suppressing the "rebel dogs" on many occasions.

My service was distinguished, and my loyalty fervent. I quickly earned myself a transfer into the Terran Republic's "Loyalty Guard", which dealt with subversives and dissidents. To me, freedom became synonymous with disloyalty. I would probably still be proudly persecuting those wanting nothing more than freedom if not for an ironic turn of events.

At age 23, I found myself doing life in a maximum security prison on Amerish for the unlawful imprisonment of a suspected insurgent. In retrospect, this was awfully stiff punishment, even for the Terran Republic, but seeing as I abducted and questioned the platoon major's daughter, I suppose I can understand why my actions weren't condoned. And, as the general presiding over the case pointed out, this was my fourth conviction for the same exact crime.

In prison, I quickly developed a deep and intense disrespect for the Terran Republic. The daily brainwashing "Loyalty Seminars" I was subjected to only stoked my resentment for the forces I had fought for since I turned teen. Other inmates joked bitterly that Loyalty until Death! really meant the brainwashing would bore you to death. I would have welcomed such a fate, but my requests for the firing squad were repeatedly denied. Any accidents that I arranged merely resulted in rebirthing. That's when I started sminking.

Clearly, I had issues, but even more importantly, I was ignoring the very fabric of reality and inviting destructive influences into my life. On some subconscious level, I was deeply shocked that my life had sunk to such depths. I was a soldier, and the Terran Republic had taken my uniform. I was smart (sminking aside), and the Terran Republic had taken my sanity. I was a man, and the Terran Republic had taken my freedom.

One day after the Loyalty Seminar, word got back to me that my former CO was arranging an unpleasant visit for me the likes of which I won't elaborate on here. I returned to my cell and sat very quietly, searching myself for answers on how I could improve my life and distance myself from the harmful influences surrounding me. At that point, in what I consider to be a miraculous moment, my cellmate Jon informed me that he knew about my situation and that he had something that could solve our problems.

He handed me a copy of "Liberty's Call". Now, you might be wondering how New Conglomerate propaganda found its way into a maximum security prison. The truth is, the Terran Republic spends so much on ammunition that there isn't funding enough to cover paper for the necessary, and it just so happened that a squadron of Liberators (which I later found out were part of the 666th Devil Dogs) was kind enough to disburse a box of the aforementioned pamphlets over Amerish. But I digress...

Normally, I wouldn’t have turned to anything with blue and gold, even to resolve such a severe and immediate threat, but I literally didn’t have any other available alternatives. I immediately opened the pamphlet and began to read.

The first few pages dealt with something called the "Call of Freedom". The theoretical nature of the first few pages wasn't exactly putting me at ease. In fact, I threw the pamphlet down and started looking around for whatever I might could turn into a shiv, but my cellmate forced those written words back into my hands. Jon Jakes, I owe you my life for that. It was when I reached the final section, "The Key to Freedom", that I realized how this pamphlet could help me distance myself from surroundings and the negative intentions of my former CO.

I came to a realization that night, staring up at a black nothing after lights-out. The Terran Republic had taken many things from me, but they hadn't taken my freedom. I had given it to them.

The next day, Jon and I snuck our pristine propaganda pamphlets out of our cells. One found its way into warden's desk, the second under the comm officer's coffee mug. A highly-encrypted transmission containing my recipe for pruno was sent to the Devil Dogs' frequency (thoughtfully stamped on the back of their "Liberty's Call" drop), and in the chaos surrounding the prison raid and questioning of the warden, Jon and I made a break for it.

I was the lucky one, but Jon died a free man. It kills me a little inside to know that while I've been sitting here, writing this in the shade of my Galaxy, a rebirthed Jon is still imprisoned, struggling in his own way under the thumb of the Tyrant Republic.

I've only been with the 666th a few months now, but already it's more of a home than the soulless ranks of red and black that I once belonged to. I'm happy to say I've left the worst of me behind in prison, though I've become so acclimated to pruno that I can't appreciate the real stuff. Wish I still had the pamphlet that bought my freedom, so that I could hand it back to Jon when I finally get the chance to thank him in person.

And I will thank him, one day, just as I've thanked the Devil Dogs who've shown me the truth. We are going to win this death-forsaken war, and our victory won't have a damned thing to do with rebirthing or any other kind of fancy new tech introduced on the battlefield. At the end of the day, this war is about something older than the ancient Vanu relics. I'm writing about freedom; mankind's birthright. The thing that all the bullets and lasers in the worlds can't kill.

If you're fighting for the Terran Republic or Vanu Soveriegnty and are somehow reading this, take a moment to ask yourself why? If you can see the truth as I have, then join me in the New Conglomerate, join me in the ranks of the 666th Devil Dogs, fight to bring the war to its only inevitable conclusion; freedom for all.
Old 2012-09-13, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #172
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Freedom!

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk
Old 2012-09-14, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #173
Atmosfear
Private

Terran are Red,
NC are Blue,
Dissing the third,
Cause they're just Vanu.
Old 2012-09-14, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Awesome Lore Atmosfear.
Old 2012-09-15, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

NC was getting smashed before we started Ops today. Pushed TR back to WG and holding VS front. FANTASTIC work today NC.
Old 2012-09-17, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #176
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

The 666th: Owning others on a daily basis.

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk
Old 2012-09-17, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #177
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

The Devil Dogs armor is just smashine.
Old 2012-09-18, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Austin
Private

SMASHING BABY!!! Yeahh!!!
kekke
Old 2012-09-18, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #179
MonsterBone
First Sergeant

http://www.planetside-devildogs.com/ updated
Old 2012-09-18, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Having some great times with the 666th during Beta.

Cheers,

GG
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate