Gameplay: Gun camera(s). - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: May cause headaches and nausea.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-07-17, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Trip
Corporal

Question Gun camera(s).

Just watched the total biscuit liberator footage and i was thinking. What if vehicles and aircraft with gunner seats could be equipped by the pilot to include gun cameras. they would show up as a box no bigger than the minimap which the pilot could place anywhere on his HUD. Helping him to more easily cater to his gunner(s)
Old 2012-07-17, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dagron
Captain

Re: Gun camera(s).

Interesting idea, sometimes it's annoying when the pilot keeps moving the ship the wrong way when you as the gunner are trying to hit something. I mean, it's fine when he's doing evasive maneuvers, but when he's trying to help you he should have some notion of what you need him to do.
Old 2012-07-17, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Accuser
Sergeant Major

That would allow Liberator pilot skill to dramatically increase the unit's effectiveness. I love it. It gives the pilot a goal to work toward, rather than "fly over the enemy base, then fly over the enemy base again, then fly over the enemy base again"...
Old 2012-07-17, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

I was thinking the same watching the TB video, but I wonder about any tech limitations for that kind of picture in picture view. Now im no programmer, but wouldn't that effectively double the amount of stuff your comp has to render?

At the very least though allow the pilot to quickly switch his screen to that of the gunners view. The pilot could still control the liberator as normal under this view ..though I wager it would be very tricky. Display altitude and speed readings in this view to help out the pilot. However its probably better if the pilot just switched quickly back and forth.

Last edited by OutlawDr; 2012-07-17 at 09:38 PM.
Old 2012-07-17, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Wolen
Private

It could be like in Portal 2, where you can press tab and see the other person's screen in a small window. I was thinking about this earlier when I watched TB's video too.
Old 2012-07-17, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
EnderGraff
Corporal

This is an amazing idea, i really hope to see it implemented!
Old 2012-07-18, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Naz The Eternal
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Sounds fantastic, a gun cam.. devs please make note of this idea!
Old 2012-07-18, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

I love this idea too and think its genius, they should add this on all the multi seat vehicles. Because sometimes its not even the pilots fault, they may not realize the whole sittuation with the gunners so this would remedy that. I hope the devs see this and decide to implement it, you've got my vote.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Delkaes
Private

Cool idea, quick toshop,i didn't find the tail gunner view :\ but we get the idea.

And why not making it a Cert for squad/outfit leader able to use squad camera ? But its maybe already discuss on another topic :s

Last edited by Delkaes; 2012-07-18 at 05:05 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I like the picture in picture ideas, although I have no idea what technical requirements would be involved.

If possible though I'd like to see it integrated with the 3d cockpit. Maybe some monitors off to the side that you can freelook to.
Old 2012-07-18, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Delkaes
Private

Yup, slow computers will surely cry a lot if they need to render lot of views at different places
Old 2012-07-20, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Trip
Corporal

Originally Posted by Delkaes View Post
Cool idea, quick toshop,i didn't find the tail gunner view :\ but we get the idea.

And why not making it a Cert for squad/outfit leader able to use squad camera ? But its maybe already discuss on another topic :s

oh very nice, thank you!
Old 2012-07-20, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
EnderGraff
Corporal

Those images are perfect Delkaes ,exactly what I had in mind. Hope a dev see's this and notices how great it would be for gameplay!
Old 2012-07-20, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Zekeen
Major

This is probably one of the best ideas (and best supported and thought out) that I've seen around the forums in a while. I hope this sort of thing gets added, it adds a new dimension to the tactical nature of PS2.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
jabber
Private

think this would butcher the framerate of anything below next gen machines

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault