Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted] - Page 26 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: As cool as a divot.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-14, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #376
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Re: Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted]

Interesting. I hope they let the rest of us in soon.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2012-06-14, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #377
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Dear SOE,

As the undisputed winners of outfit wars and thus masters of Markov and therefore all servers, Future Crew, as the most elite PlanetSide outfit would now like to claim our rewarded that was never received. We require immediate beta access for 30 of our members, we would also like to give 10 to Delta Triad, 10 to Furious Angels and then a Further 15 keys to Hostile takeover and PCP, they deserve more because if they were up against lesser emerald outfits they would have easily won, its unfair of them not to be rewarded for been up against the almighty Future Crew.

I would also like 10 further keys for myself to hand them out to people i see fit.

If you do not accept the terms, then we can seek other arrangements, of the rainbow kind.

Signed,

ShockFC.
High Council, Future Crew Gaming.

per: SKYeXile
Council, Future Crew Gaming.
VS get last access. This has been well known for a while.
Old 2012-06-14, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #378
Serotriptomine
Sergeant

Dear SOE,

As the undisputed winners of outfit wars and thus masters of Markov and therefore all servers, Future Crew, as the most elite PlanetSide outfit would now like to claim our rewarded that was never received. We require immediate beta access for 30 of our members, we would also like to give 10 to Delta Triad, 10 to Furious Angels and then a Further 15 keys to Hostile takeover and PCP, they deserve more because if they were up against lesser emerald outfits they would have easily won, its unfair of them not to be rewarded for been up against the almighty Future Crew.

I would also like 10 further keys for myself to hand them out to people i see fit.

If you do not accept the terms, then we can seek other arrangements, of the rainbow kind.

Signed,

ShockFC.

I hope to baby tom cruise that was a joke.
Old 2012-06-14, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #379
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Serotriptomine View Post
I hope to baby tom cruise that was a joke.
Not sure if serious, or never played PS
Old 2012-06-14, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #380
Hobitt
Corporal

The reason why the First Platoon should not include vets is because, once the open beta FORMALLY begins, veterans will be the ones dominating the conversations on the beta forums. When this happens, other beta participants new to the Planetside game and community will be run out of the discussion. You see it happen on PSU from time to time; a newbie makes a perfectly valid suggestion, and a veteran replies with a Picard facepalm because "it wasn't in Planetside" and therefore shouldn't even be considered in PS2. That's counter-productive, and the only way to foster the opinions of new players is to give them a forum free from that kind of discrimination and peer pressure. If that means letting a few of them into the beta early, then so be it.

As I said before, these are not casual gamers either, they're hardcore gamers who, for whatever reason, did not play PS1. Given how often Higby has stressed their goal of instantly capturing the familiar feel of a modern fps, this is their chance to gauge how successfully they've achieved that.
QFT
Old 2012-06-14, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #381
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Anderz View Post
The reason why the First Platoon should not include vets is because, once the closed beta FORMALLY begins, veterans will be the ones dominating the conversations on the beta forums. When this happens, other beta participants new to the Planetside game and community will be run out of the discussion. You see it happen on PSU from time to time; a newbie makes a perfectly valid suggestion, and a veteran replies with a Picard facepalm because "it wasn't in Planetside" and therefore shouldn't even be considered in PS2. That's counter-productive, and the only way to foster the opinions of new players is to give them a forum free from that kind of discrimination and peer pressure. If that means letting a few of them into the beta early, then so be it.

As I said before, these are not casual gamers either, they're hardcore gamers who, for whatever reason, did not play PS1. Given how often Higby has stressed their goal of instantly capturing the familiar feel of a modern fps, this is their chance to gauge how successfully they've achieved that.
Agreed with most of your posts until here.
First Platoon should be 80% vets. Waves after first platoon should include non vets. This is because, whether or not you like it, PS2 is still PS2. The people who made PS successful should have the largest say in the beginning stages. After that the peanut gallery can have it's say.
Old 2012-06-14, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #382
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Alright you guys need to quit the Malorn-bashing. As fun as it may be, you're just not making sense any more. The segment I've quoted above is wholly incorrect - Archangels (a group we know to be in First Platoon) were in PS1 beta and Snipefrag (to whom the original offer was made) was more active in PS than most of the 'experts' who post on this site. ConWolv, of Reckless-Gamers, another First Platoon participant also played PS1. Hamma, hmm I'm pretty sure he played PlanetSide too, since you know, he runs PlanetSide-Universe. So this myth that these are guys who never played PS and are going to bring an entirely new perspective to the process is simply erroneous and, like the Malorn-bashing, also needs to stop.

Malorn has every right to be question the Developers - he is a member of this community after all. He, like you, has the best interests of the game at heart and some people around here ought to show a little more respect!
Old 2012-06-14, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #383
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Dear SOE,

Signed,

ShockFC.

Asking for 75 beta keys? You must be joking SOE don't owe you anythink they owe the ps1 vets as a whole and the few get picked not demanded!

See the line? Get to the back of it like everyone else and wait your turn.
Old 2012-06-14, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #384
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Asking for 75 beta keys? You must be joking SOE don't owe you anythink they owe the ps1 vets as a whole and the few get picked not demanded!

/facepalm
Old 2012-06-14, 04:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #385
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Magpie View Post

As much as it pains me to say it... Shock is winning this thread!!
Old 2012-06-14, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #386
Anderz
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Alright you guys need to quit the Malorn-bashing. As fun as it may be, you're just not making sense any more. The segment I've quoted above is wholly incorrect - Archangels (a group we know to be in First Platoon) were in PS1 beta and Snipefrag (to whom the original offer was made) was more active in PS than most of the 'experts' who post on this site. ConWolv, of Reckless-Gamers, another First Platoon participant also played PS1. Hamma, hmm I'm pretty sure he played PlanetSide too, since you know, he runs PlanetSide-Universe. So this myth that these are guys who never played PS and are going to bring an entirely new perspective to the process is simply erroneous and, like the Malorn-bashing, also needs to stop.
Correction noted. Some, not all, are PS1 vets. Judging from the email by Tony Jones, I got the impression he was not after PS1 vets, but established gaming/FPS clans. Of course some of them are going to overlap.

Also, it's irrelevant. That was not the basis of this discussion, which as Malorn stated himself, is philosophical.

Malorn has every right to be question the Developers - he is a member of this community after all. He, like you, has the best interests of the game at heart and some people around here ought to show a little more respect!
Malorn has every right to question the developers, and I have every right to question Malorn. An exchange of opinions is the very definition of "a forum", and what kind of forum would this be if posing a counter-point to an argument is frowned upon? And why does everyone immediately think I'm trolling or bashing someone as soon as I do? Perhaps I could work on the curtness of my tone, but I think that could be said about both parties.

I have respect for anyone who can engage in an online conversation or debate with consideration and articulation. Malorn has demonstrated he is more than capable of that, which is why I'm still here.
Old 2012-06-14, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #387
Dart
Second Lieutenant

I got the impression...
Assumption is the mother of all 'what' ups?

Also, it's irrelevant. That was not the basis of this discussion, which as Malorn stated himself, is philosophical.
It was relevant until you found out it was inaccurate. In fact you based your 'understanding' of the First Platoon program on that assumption. Malorn was simply asking for more information - which considering how little any of us, including you, know seems fair enough, wouldn't you agree?

Malorn has every right to question the developers, and I have every right to question Malorn.
To what end? Malorn cannot give you any answers... To question someone asking for answers seems rather spurious, if you'll pardon me saying so.

And why does everyone immediately think I'm trolling or bashing someone as soon as I do? Perhaps I could work on the curtness of my tone, but I think that could be said about both parties.
It has less to do with your tone and more to do with your purpose. Malorn is asking questions of the Developers and you're inserting yourself into that discussion stating factually inaccurate suppositions despite the fact that Higby has already stressed the need for an improved dissemination of information. I believe that is why your posts read rather 'troll-ish'.

I have respect for anyone who can engage in an online conversation or debate with consideration and articulation. Malorn has demonstrated he is more than capable of that, which is why I'm still here.
This sounds awfully close to "arguing for the sake of arguing" which is doing a disservice both to PSU as conduit for PS2-related information and yourself - as the OP of this very interesting and important thread.

Last edited by Dart; 2012-06-14 at 04:59 AM.
Old 2012-06-14, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #388
Anderz
Master Sergeant

Assumption is the mother of all 'what' ups?
I'm making an educated guess based on the information provided, which is all I can do. Read his email again; he does not state that he is looking for PS veterans only.

It was relevant until you found out it was inaccurate. In fact you based your 'understanding' of the First Platoon program on that assumption. Malorn was simply asking for more information - which considering how little any of us, including you, know seems fair enough, wouldn't you agree?
Marlon is welcome to request more information and I hope he gets it. But with this post, you cannot deny his is doing more than just that. He is outlining in great detail (which I appreciated) his opinion on why veterans should be the first into the beta. That's what spurred this discussion.

To what end? Malorn cannot give you any answers... To question someone asking for answers seems rather spurious, if you'll pardon me saying so.
Not all discussions need to have definitive answers. Marlon is welcome to challenge the points raised in my earlier post, which you have spectacularly failed to do yourself.

It has less to do with your tone and more to do with your purpose. Malorn is asking questions of the Developers and you're inserting yourself into that discussion stating factually inaccurate suppositions despite the fact that Higby has already stressed the need for an improved dissemination of information. I believe that is why your posts read rather 'troll-ish'.
My purpose is to give perspective. I'm inviting Marlorn to see things from my perspective, in lieu of him sharing his. Higby has his own perspective on who should get into the First Platoon too, but that certainly doesn't make his the definitive one just because he's a developer. We are not arguing fact here.

This sounds awfully close to "arguing for the sake of arguing" which is doing a disservice both to PSU as conduit for PS2-related information and yourself - as the OP of this very interesting and important thread.
No, it sounds like arguing about what I find interesting, which is PlanetSide 2 and the current situation surrounding the beta. Marlon questioned the intentions of the developers, and I have given him a valid retort as to why this scenario might have happened, and why it might be a good thing. I honestly cannot see why that is, in any way, a disservice to the community.

Last edited by Anderz; 2012-06-14 at 05:28 AM.
Old 2012-06-14, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #389
Dart
Second Lieutenant

My purpose is to give perspective. I'm inviting Marlorn to see things from my perspective, in lieu of him sharing his. Higby has his own perspective on who should get into the First Platoon too, but that certainly doesn't make his the definitive one just because he's a developer. We are not arguing fact here.

No, it sounds like arguing about what I find interesting, which is PlanetSide 2 and the current situation surrounding the beta. Marlon questioned the intentions of the developers, and I have given him a valid retort as to why this scenario might have happened, and why it might be a good thing. I honestly cannot see why that is, in any way, a disservice to the community.
It is a disservice because it is filling an otherwise useful thread with supposition which is not directed at anyone who can provide you with answers; Developers. It is invalid because the central supposition was incorrect (most of the First Platoon invites are PS vets - whether Higby gave that impression or not) . Finally you can have as many opinions as you want but as Lead Developer let me assure you Higby's opinion is faaaar more definitive than your, mine or anyone else's on this board. That is why Malorn was appealing to him for information.

With all of the leaks that have come out this morning, 'philosophical' (or spurious) debates of this nature are not helpful and neither is trolling other members of this tight-knit community. That's my 2c, you can ignore it if you wish but as I've already said, we all want the same thing here; the best for PS2 and the fact that this thread has received Developer-feedback makes it useful. Diluting that with political debates seems... a waste.
Old 2012-06-14, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #390
WNxThentar
Sergeant

Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted]
How is the OP going to delete other peoples posts?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion