Non-orchestrated Placeholder Planetside Music leaked (Spoiler) - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: can I get a engy to repair my aim bot?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-14, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
Necroe
Private

Re: Planetside Music leaked (Spoiler)

im torn, as much as i love new content, you have to feel for the devs who worked hard on this stuff and which may or may not be the final format.
Old 2012-06-14, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

Downloaded VS OST just in case he deletes it, haha.

The Main Theme and Travel themes are somewhat 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution'ey. Definitely a good thing, that game's music was the bomb.

Long live the Vanu Sovereignty! Join us! We shoot lasers, drive hovertanks, have the best colors, and the best music!
Old 2012-06-14, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
neonlazer
Corporal

Originally Posted by Necroe View Post
im torn, as much as i love new content, you have to feel for the devs who worked hard on this stuff and which may or may not be the final format.
This isn't final, Higgs confirmed it a few posts after OP. Final will not be computerized.
Old 2012-06-14, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Furber
First Sergeant

I'm convinced that many people claiming the NC music is "hill billy" don't actually know what hill billy music or banjos sound like

Be glad it's rock, not country music!
Old 2012-06-14, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
neonlazer
Corporal

Originally Posted by Furber View Post
I'm convinced that many people claiming the NC music is "hill billy" don't actually know what hill billy music or banjos sound like

Be glad it's rock, not country music!
If it was country..good bye NC!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-14, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Satexios View Post
Bit like the ending of the movie "The Rock"

The Rock ending - YouTube

YES, exactly! It's the 11th hour, the world is shattered, much has been lost, and the future of humanity is at stake. It's all on the line and the future is uncertain. A huge weight on the terran soldier's shoulders.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-14, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
I really hope SOE releases these officially (possibly with some "extended" so I can listen for longer instead of having to loop? :P) as I genuinely would want to purchase this.
On this subject... Will there be a collector's edition for Planetside2 with music in it, dogtags, etc? I'd pay for that shit.

If its available a la carte on the in-game store that would be fine too.

You PS2 devs looking for monetization ideas, there you go - allow us to buy PS2 non-digital goods from the store, possibly with station cash? T-shirts, dogtags, medals, PS2 music, posters, concept art, team autographs, etc. Lots of good monetization there for the fans.
Old 2012-06-14, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
Zekeen
Major

Is it me, or does ALL the NC music sound like an RTS theme? Reminds me heavily of Command & Conquer and Starcraft 2 Marine themes.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-14, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
Is it me, or does ALL the NC music sound like an RTS theme? Reminds me heavily of Command & Conquer and Starcraft 2 Marine themes.
NC Theme kept the overtones of the NC sanc music we all liked so much. That was great.

Can't beat the epicness of the TR music though. The PS2 composers really outdid themselves.

I was hoping for something remotely as good as the PS1 music, and I'm completely stunned. A+++.
Old 2012-06-14, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
NC Theme kept the overtones of the NC sanc music we all liked so much. That was great.

Can't beat the epicness of the TR music though. The PS2 composers really outdid themselves.

I was hoping for something remotely as good as the PS1 music, and I'm completely stunned. A+++.
Yeah, my only "conern", is that all the NC music sounds alike, so it gets old a little quickly. But these are all the prototype music tracks, and they just kept the same sounds and will no doubt change it.

I think the main theme sounds a bit off, too much going on, but it smooth outs at the end so it's nice. The combat tracks, I can deal with the redneck tone to em. I mean, really, it makes me think of the Starcraft 2 marines and music and I'm A-ok with that.

I can't wait to see (hear) the second stage of these tunes. We'll have a lot of music by the time the game releases, maybe a dozen remixes for each, seeing as game design is always about reworking till it can be reworked no more.
Old 2012-06-14, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Razicator View Post
Yeah I like the VS music the best, reminds me of Mass Effect.
Well VS are the tech
Old 2012-06-14, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
Duddy
First Sergeant

On this subject... Will there be a collector's edition for Planetside2 with music in it, dogtags, etc? I'd pay for that shit.

You PS2 devs looking for monetization ideas, there you go - allow us to buy PS2 non-digital goods from the store, possibly with station cash? T-shirts, dogtags, medals, PS2 music, posters, concept art, team autographs, etc. Lots of good monetization there for the fans.
Agreed, I sincerely hope this kind of thing is made available.

I even asked about an art book too when we were still getting a lot of concept art.

It's funny how the one time I really want to buy a game with all the collectors bells and whistles and stuff, it is F2P.

First world problems eh?
Old 2012-06-14, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
jakaul
Sergeant

Nickelback Conglomerate lol

VS and TR are pretty epic, I'd listen to either of them when I'm doing work.
Old 2012-06-14, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
julfo
Sergeant

Sets of clothes ruined since a couple of weeks ago, all thanks to PS2, now >10
Old 2012-06-14, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
Kurtz
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Without condoning the leak and downloads I will say that all of this music is temp, synthesizer mockups. All of it is getting fully orchestrated with live instruments. This will make the biggest impact on the NC music since synth electric guitar sounds the worst of any synth instrument, and the least impact on the VS music since it will still be largely synth in the final, the TR music will sound more lush overall, but the synth instruments used in those tracks have better fidelity. So keep that in mind while you rock out.
Yea it was clear that Don had grabbed the latest VST guitar plug-ins. I was loving the Main theme until the Mike Post like guitar came in and turned it into a Stephen J. Cannel TV show.

+1
I am upset that I won't be making that 10 year anniversary trek to gamestop with my dog to buy PS2. She and I were looking forward to it. So yea, throw the dog tags and a disc in a box and I would definitely buy it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion