Gameplay: Less Combat, More Medic: Healing Weapons - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I bet you were expecting a quote!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-07-30, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Dropshockmedic
Private

Re: Less Combat, More Medic: Healing Weapons

Im against longrange-healing. This isnt WoW.
And Healers destroyed PvP in the later run. Because Blizz made them imbalanced so that the whiners would shut up. Cant say it nice since it wasnt nice.
It ruined the balance.

This game is less fantasy and more realism-focussed.
What means that a healer has to be nearly in Melee-Range to do the job.
And it should stay like this. I dont want to see cowards healing out of nowwhere and be annoying like hell.

Just play good enough, then you will live long enough to heal and even reanimate your dead comrades.
Old 2012-07-31, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Psyche
Private

I think Planetside 2 is already going to have a low powered AoE heal or single target high powered heal.

For increasing range I'd more suggest giving ACU's in the grenade slots so they could deploy 'Spitfire Turrets' which could be 'charged'/temporarily progrommed to be Heal Turrets (basically same 'Damage'/Heal as a spitfire which isn't all that much)

{First post, haven't posted any of a number of idea's I have about Support classes and defender's gameplay, I also preferred using MAX's even at BR26+ in PS1 - liked customisation of the BFR's when I tried it during the free month and didn't mind to weak points/vulnerabilities but didn't particularly care for BFR's, another player described it as 'powerful but clunky' and I felt it was OP and with harsh timers for people preferring that style [similar to MAX's] but too little for the power as well as clunky[movement].}

Other idea's I have about Medic's:
  • Deployables like the Engineer's to supplement there potential damage dealing capabilities without cripply their primary abilities [spitfire->charged to a heal turret, mine->charged to a drop pod beacon/outdoor spawn point, motion scanner->charged to a Bio-stabilisation field {boosts/stimulates natural healing functions to slow & counter bleeding and progression of critical injuries}
  • Critical damage (not more health damage more like debuff's/cripples that can be treated by Medics or cleared by respawning but not automated systems - ie. an almost-death penalty easily dealt with/countered by organised play to reward that playstyle over zerging). Critical damage healing should require ammo though [easily countered by ammo refill from a friendly]
  • Downed states [to prevent tapping out which is usually what most people do even when a medic is nearby] with bleeding [can be treated by another AoE heal deployable which isn't very good for healing - too slow/long to fill health basically counters bleeding and slightly more to keep players in the fight til a medic and/or heal turret can help them]. Also coming out of downed state does not mean full recovery, partial with critical injury {tunnel vision with a throbbing Alpha/lightlevel effect for head, reduced Aim bloom recovery for arm, reduced stamina regen for torso, reduced speed for leg[limping] - persists til healed or respawn}
  • Special Ability Sidegrades for vehicles/Maxes and maybe other armor types unlocked at high class cert levels to encourage classes moving outside their Stock field of deployment [trades class defining special ability so not free and without the secondaries of the medic class so not as powerful - ex. Heavy Assault armor wouldn't have access to deployables or the Single Target heal{its the high powered heal} and lose its shield but would have the heal applicator [Revive and low powered AoE heal], any vehicle would be able to swap out its special ability to make it a medical 'vehicle' instead of what it is - like a mobile medical station, so medics and other classes aren't pigeon holed into certain types of battles [infantry areas] or at least have some class unique benefit to using a vehicle if they choose - ie. A player that enjoys a certain classes playstyle shouldn't have to be excluded from other types of battles because of that preferred class - ex. Infiltrator's being able to swap cloak modules into vehicles so they support there playstyle even if not that effective {cloak=visual camo only not electronic - good against detection at range but not close and no audio reduction as well as drops when running anyone over or firing weapons with a much longer delay to restore cloak and a greater loss of cloak level opacity for activity - last thing I want is a cloaked vehicle mowing things down left and right, its ok for the 1st victim if they get the jump on them but not beyond that}.
  • Also I'd have the single target heal not require ammo or there be profane carrying capacity for it. With a Siphon secondary mode to 'acquire'[Damage target] more ammo in play.

Last edited by Psyche; 2012-07-31 at 10:36 PM.
Old 2012-08-01, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Arcticus
Corporal

Let's go there
----------------

Healing mortar
Rez trebuchet

Anthrax cannon
E-bolas (bolas with Ebola virus)
Arthrillery - AoE arthritis to slow down enemies

Canned Chicken Soup ( removes effects of anthrax and e-bolas)

Last edited by Arcticus; 2012-08-01 at 01:50 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault