Howto: Overclock GeForce Cards - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PlanetSide cheats found in the Downloads section, go now.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2003-03-29, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

Yea thats the probelm i had intergrated til i got my Ati All In Wonder 8500 64mb which is overclocked and im 2 lazy 2 check by how much at this hr but ATI RULES!!!! W000ty w00ty w00t w00t oh and btw i got a questin im gonna bulid a new comp should i hold off on speakers and save up for a nice set or get some so so creatives and save up (btw id use headphones i got a good pair)

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-03-29, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hunter83
Sergeant

To overclock vid cards, I prefer to use PowerStrip.

It works for virtually every GFX card and you never need to restart ur PC when using it.

PowerStrip 3.30 provides advanced, multi-monitor, programmable hardware support to a wide range of graphics cards - from the venerable Matrox Millennium I to the latest SiS Xabre and Radeon 9700. It is in fact the only program of its type to support multiple graphics cards from multiple chipset vendors, simultaneously, under every Windows operating system from Windows 95 to XP. A simple menu that pops up from the system tray provides access to some 500 controls over your display hardware, including sophisticated color correction tools, period level adjustments over screen geometry, and driver independent clock controls. A powerful application profiler can detect when programs are launched and respond by activating specific display settings, gamma adjustments, performance switches and even clock speeds - returning everything to normal when the program closes. In-game gamma hotkeys let you light up the darkest hallways during game play, and hardware control over refresh rates - with floating point precision - ensure you're never stuck at just 60Hz no matter what OS you're using. A quick setup wizard gets you up and running with minimal fuss, extensive context-sensitive help is available for all controls, and live updates are supported to ensure you're always running the latest release. Finally, an assortment of system and productivity tools - among them, extensive diagnostics, AGP device configuration, desktop icon management, a system idle thread, Windows resource monitoring, physical memory optimization, an on-screen display, and the most advanced monitor support in the industry - round out the compact 600kb package.
I never use anything else to overclock my cards.
Old 2003-03-29, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

yea me 2 powerstrip is the best and its free (but u can buy full version the free just has like a add at bootup

Old 2003-03-29, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hunter83
Sergeant

I use the free one and all I get at bootup is "Tip of the Day" for 5 secs.
Old 2003-03-29, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

yea me 2 the longer u use it the longer u wait after a while

Old 2003-03-29, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hunter83
Sergeant

Are you sure? It's been 5 seconds for me for over a year now.
Old 2003-06-02, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Krogen
Corporal

All right. Now how do you overclock your CPU on your motherboard? (Without messing up stuff...)

Old 2003-06-07, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
powdahound
Contributor
PSU Staff
Code Hound

That's in your bios. I'm not posting anything about that because it is too easy to mess stuff up. There is plenty of info to be found on google.com!
Old 2003-07-15, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Conceptor
Corporal

ok ummm i have a ati radeon 9700 pro (no extra heatsinks or new fan on it).... about how much do you think i would be able to overclock that without it overheating for sure? cause id like to smooth out my gameplay a bit with the AA on max
Old 2003-07-16, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
powdahound
Contributor
PSU Staff
Code Hound

There is no way to pick the magic number out of the air, you'd have to OC until it you hit your limit.
Old 2003-07-16, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Conceptor
Corporal

so much for my experimentation lol.... i overclocked the core by 15 and the memory by 5 and ended up getting colored squares all over the sky in battlefield 1942.... put the setings back to normal and the squares went away.... 15 and 5 mhz are too small an increase to even bother i suppose....

(used a 9700 pro, with nothing but the fan that came with it for all those curious ATI fans) the temp display on my case read 88.5 on average.
Old 2003-07-17, 02:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Conceptor
Corporal

i just bought some of those goldplated heatpipes and heatsinks for my processor and video card.... now maybe i can do some damage (hopefully not to my computer but to the choppy framerates)
Old 2003-07-27, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Stealth Tiger
Private

Can I use any driver for my GeForce or do I have to stay at what they say riva tuner is supported? I kept getting a message about my driver has not been tested on riva tuner so I went to the newest driver that it supports but I want my new driver but I also don't want to screw up my card too. If I replace my driver will I have to overclock again or will me setting stay where the are? If anyone has a GeForce 4 MX440SE 64MB DDR PCI card post your original speeds here. My card was originally 249/166MHz that seems alittle under clocked for a GeForce 4.
Old 2003-08-21, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
GeistX
Contributor
Corporal

More good info here:

http://www.tweak3d.net
Old 2003-09-03, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Indecisive
Major General

Can anyone recommend a good driver version for a GF4 ti2600 ( i think thats the number)
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum