Gameplay: Lockers (More space or no?) as well as more favorites. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: we're always here, unless we're gone
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

View Poll Results: Inventory and lockers
Buff them up a bit. 5 41.67%
Keep them the same as they were. 4 33.33%
Indifferent. 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-08-27, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
akiadan
Private

Post Lockers (More space or no?) as well as more favorites.

I would really like to see an improved/bigger locker. As well as more favorite slots if either will be in PS2. I Really liked the idea of having enemy weapons sitting in my locker and being able to pull them out when I wanted to use them as well as Ancient tech weapons. What I would like to see if the locker makes a return is to add tabs that can be renamed so you can sort it better. Say one tab has one empires weapons you have collected and another has ammo or a different empire weapons or ancient weapons and such or gear for when the power is taken out. Not much else to say about it so hopefully inventory will make a return and so will lockers. Even though this is all highly unlikely perhaps they will decide to put inventory in before beta is over.

Last edited by akiadan; 2011-08-27 at 08:29 AM.
Old 2011-08-27, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Crator
Major General

Re: Lockers (More space or no?) as well as more favorites.

You really need to read the PS2 Information Thread. They aren't putting in inventories like they had in PS1.

PS2 Info Thread: http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=36527

Last edited by Crator; 2011-08-27 at 07:52 AM.
Old 2011-08-27, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
akiadan
Private

Yes I am very much aware of this.
Old 2011-08-27, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

They also aren't putting in looting enemy equipment. Exactly what are you planning to store in your locker? I suppose you could have blackout gear but I can't see much point in expanding on the thing if it's just a box to store glue in.

Last edited by Talek Krell; 2011-08-27 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2011-08-27, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Der Baron
Private

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
They also aren't putting in looting enemy equipment. Exactly what are you planning to store in your locker? I suppose you could have blackout gear but I can't see much point in expanding on the thing if it's just a box to store glue in.

Old 2011-08-27, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Yes, there is a pre-beta picture of a TR holding a gun with an NC logo. It's been discussed. Repeatedly.

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._the_creative/

Q: Why was veh hacking removed?
Matt: No problem, man!

Couple reasons, the one you mention is one, another is because we really want to push the empires to be very different in PS2, and getting ahold of enemy weapons and vehicles makes it a lot more of a balance nightmare.
Old 2011-08-27, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
Yes, there is a pre-beta picture of a TR holding a gun with an NC logo. It's been discussed. Repeatedly.
Yes and that quote is from quite some time ago before that screenshot was taken.

They probably figured that it wouldn't be that bad to be able to loot enemy weapons or they figured out a way to keep it balanced (maybe you can't store them).

Because we all know it makes total sense to release a screenshot with a feature you said WASN'T going to be in the game right?
Old 2011-08-27, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by MasterChief096 View Post

Because we all know it makes total sense to release a screenshot with a feature you said WASN'T going to be in the game right?

When its SOE you're talking about it makes a lot of sense.
Old 2011-08-28, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by MasterChief096 View Post
Yes and that quote is from quite some time ago before that screenshot was taken.
It's not the best practice but hardly uncommon to use extremely early shots in teaser info. I don't see a date on the pic of the TR with a gauss so there's no way for you or I to tell when it was taken.

We're left with two options.
1) They decided to not share items and went public with it but later changed their mind without telling anyone.
2) They goofed and slipped an old shot in.

Occam's razor would lead us to the second option. Again, of course, unless you know the date that screenshot was taken.
Old 2011-08-29, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Graywolves
General

I need my locker to hold all my trophy enemy weapons.
Old 2011-08-29, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
It's not the best practice but hardly uncommon to use extremely early shots in teaser info. I don't see a date on the pic of the TR with a gauss so there's no way for you or I to tell when it was taken.

We're left with two options.
1) They decided to not share items and went public with it but later changed their mind without telling anyone.
2) They goofed and slipped an old shot in.

Occam's razor would lead us to the second option. Again, of course, unless you know the date that screenshot was taken.
Seeing how the NC weapon sticks out like a sore thumb I don't think they "accidentally" released an old screen shot. I'm pretty sure that when the SS was taken they knew full well the TR was holding an NC gun.

Looting weapons is a fun thing that a lot of players in PlanetSide did, it would be foolish to remove it.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-29, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

It's an alpha screenshot and there are many reasons why a TR might be holding an NC rifle for that alpha, the most likely IMO is that it is stand-in art for some other weapon who's model isn't done yet and they want to differentiate it from the other TR rifle. Using the NC rifle makes it rather obvious. Another reason might be they were comparing the rifles side-by-side, which is something they can do in an alpha.

The best source of information at this time is Higby's comment. Don't read too much into the screenshot, it really doesn't mean anything.
Old 2011-08-31, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
akiadan
Private

Well so far with the info we currently have and I have known before I posted but I thought it would be pretty obvious that I didnt need to say "Oh I know there are no more backpacks enemies drop upon death/tap as well as there is a class system that is different from current planetside."

I will guess that with all the talk about battlefield they did, it may be you pick up that soldiers class/gun/attachments when they "Tap". But, in my opinion I liked the inventory idea better, but, then again they are right about balance issues when someone running at you with a shotgun suddenly whips rockets or an assault rifle out of his inventory to instantly adapt to any situation. Its all really up to the devs for the final input.
Old 2011-09-01, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Since they have already stated that the inventory system as we know it is gone I doubt we will see the ability to loot enemy weapons and that screenshot says absolutely nothing and for all you know it could be stand in art just like Malorn said which I find more likely than that they decided to implement looting of enemy weapons because that would also mean they would have to revamp the inventory system also. It is not like they can do a copy/paste from PS.
Old 2011-09-02, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
akiadan
Private

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
Since they have already stated that the inventory system as we know it is gone I doubt we will see the ability to loot enemy weapons and that screenshot says absolutely nothing and for all you know it could be stand in art just like Malorn said which I find more likely than that they decided to implement looting of enemy weapons because that would also mean they would have to revamp the inventory system also. It is not like they can do a copy/paste from PS.
Yeah I agree, its all up in the air at this stage though. I can live with there be no looting or inventory or stuff but I just think its a fun part of the game to use enemy equipment and have a locker so when your in an enemy base as a infiltrator you could have your locker setup to supply you with explosives and sense traffic is low near lockers outside the spawn area its a good spot to get gear, or even if not an infiltrater its a slightly safer spot to grabs some ammo you stashed in case you need it or medpacks or maybe med juice/glue for a when the power is out. But there will probably be some sort of work around for this if there isnt a inventory system. I'll play happily either way but it would be cool....

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault