2 tanks are better than 1 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: hi mom
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-15, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILoHOMER
Major

2 tanks are better than 1

In Planetside there was a real advantage to have two or even three people in a tank if you were TR. You really needed someone in a tank because they were the major gunner. Now I understand Planetside 2 wont ever go back to that because of the solo player but there is three things they could do to help.

1. You shouldn't be able to repair your own vehicle.
2. Have gun turret mods that are more powerful than the drivers but then require the driver to have a downgraded mod. This means there is incentive to have a second gunner because he'll use something more powerful than the default drivers, but not over powering the tank.
3. No instant switching between seats, you should have to get out and back in again.

I'm all for being able to heal and repair yourself, but I really think that should be handled by terminals at base, then if you want repairing out on field then you need to fill that second slot in your tank.

Right now what I'm noticing is it's much more effective to just have two tanks between two people, instead of just one and that shouldn't be the case.
Old 2012-10-15, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Illtempered
First Sergeant

Re: 2 tanks are better than 1

/sign
Old 2012-10-16, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

That two tanks beat one has been stated in what, 20 threads now since it was predicted over a year ago?

To your solutions, there are more and better alternatives:

1. No, wouldn't make sense: you could repair ALL but your own vehicle? Instead: A slower repair rate (while solo-repairing) would make more sense, since you can currently regularly even outrepair heavies as they have to go back for more ammo.
2. Switching gun control would be a start, typically the best solution is to not let the driver gun at all.
3. Is possible, but then that should be the case for every multi-crew vehicle as well to make it fair. Liberator and Galaxy would not be able to switch guns. This wouldn't be opposed by PS players, but it can be sorted by simply putting in a 2-3 second delay while switching as well as this would create lengthy vulnerability periods.
Old 2012-10-16, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Canaris
Contributor
General

+1 to slower repair rates, they are bit crazy atm. You can repair faster than the enemy can blow it up. Should not be the case

faster repair rates and TTK belong in session games like BF3 where at the end of the round it doesn't really matter, Planetside 2 isn't a session/round game it's a persistent world where the consequences of consequences have consequences if you know what I mean and having everything happen really quick does effect the overall game play for the worse.
I can see why we have the high TTK, makes the game more fast paced and enjoyable at least for me, I just don't think making everything faster paced across the board compliments the game.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-10-16 at 03:50 AM.
Old 2012-10-16, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
EVILoHOMER
Major

It doesn't make sense that you cannot heal yourself with the gun as default either, lots of things don't make sense like why MAX Units don't have fast run as default or have regenerating health like everything else.
Old 2012-10-16, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Every time i try to repair my tank in battle I get blown up.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rat
First Sergeant

Bring back gluegun ammo..maybe even bring back vehicle glue gun. I also agree on slowing repairs down.

I think this would help with some of the vehicle spam, if ya run outa glue you cant repair any more.

Last edited by Rat; 2012-10-16 at 10:12 AM.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
bodypopper
Corporal

trouble is vehicle TTK is too quick,you can kill a vangaurd in no time with HA

i'll admit in ps1 tanks vs infantry was daft, a squad of av users could just about be able to take out a main battle tank.

same with the reaver,they could just afterburn out of there and escape.

ps2 has a lot going for it,but it seems theyve gone to the opposite ends of the spectrum for... well,everything!

and what the hell is that abomination called an mcg?!?!

people need to hang.. HANG 'EM HIGH!
Old 2012-10-16, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

You can kill a Vanguard from the rear, if he is otherwise too busy to direct attention to you, in no time with HA. Soloing MBTs that are fully manned, paying attention, and not diving into the middle of a furball generally doesn't happen. I have no problem with the MBT TTK, especially now that I can bolt more plates up front.

Last edited by maradine; 2012-10-16 at 11:44 AM.
Old 2012-10-16, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Personally, I would rather see them buff the HP and Armor of the Lightning and change the MBTs so that the driver has the secondary gun and the gunner has the main gun (and disallow seat swapping in the MBTs). This has lots of good sides,
  • Gives more of a purpose to the Lightning
  • Puts the power of MBTs into a (small) team rather than the lone player.
  • Would be pretty straightforward for SOE to code the changes.
Old 2012-10-18, 04:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

2 1/2 MBT(prowler/vanguard/magrider) beats 1 2/2 MBT

Just do not get in the gunner seat of other tanks and work more on your primary guns than your secondary gun unless it is a skyguard. if that is the case invest in that switch seat faster implant.

Need pratice Go Play BATTLEFIELD 3.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion