Official PS Wish List - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It has farms, too!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-01, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #151
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally posted by 1024
I wish Planetside was free.
That and i wish i stole that geforce4 card from that computr at the stor.......

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-07-01, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
JLeeAZN
Sergeant

HAHA yea that would have been great!
Old 2003-07-02, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #153
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

1) A Heavy Exosuit, having durability somewhat above that of Reinforced (possibly 250 armor), but without the damage modifier of MAX armor (ex. you don't need AP ammo/AV weapons to fight it). It would only have one pistol slot, the same amount of inventory space as Reinforced, and it would look bulkier than Reinforced. This is just a random "Wouldn't this be cool?" idea though. It wouldn't add much to the game, I just want to see armor similar to Powered Armor, like WH40k had for example.

2) Empire Specific Equipment -- All Empire Specific Equipment will require its own Certification, or it could be tied to BR, or both (require you to be BR20 and spend 2 certs on it, for instance). All of the equipment will occupy a rifle slot, so there's a tradeoff to using it.

Terrans: Some kind of autoloader which eliminates the necessity of a clip. All ammo is drawn directly from the inventory, completely negating the need to reload.

Vanu: Jump jets. Screw all you "this isn't Tribes!" people. Tribes didn't invent jump jets. I think it would be cool if you could get a certification for Jump Jets, and had to equip the Jump Jet similar to how you equip a rifle. It would require "ammo" to jump with, so you'd have to carry some fuel for it depending on how much jumping you want to be capable of. The actual Jump would be simply an increased form of the regular jump, similar to what Vanu MAXs can do. So, it takes a rifle slot (activate with a quickbar icon and your next jump will be made with the Jump Jet), let's you jump similar to the Vanu MAX, and takes actual fuel. Alternatively, instead of fuel charges, it could just have a long recharge time.

New Cong: Personal Shield similar to their MAXs, can't absorb as much damage, maybe only covers the front 90 degrees.

3) Crew-served weapons. I always thought it would be neat if there were vehicles and infantry weapons which required multiple people to operate, and were stationary while being used, but packed a hell of a punch.

For example, some sort of self propelled gun -- specific to each side -- which has to be deployed like an AMS before it can fire, and has a limited fire arc while deployed (and is somewhat fragile), but can unleash hell like nothing else. Useful for surpressing an enemy position if you've got them pretty much pinned down to the point where they can't kill off these vehicles before they deploy. Would also be cool for defensive positions and ambushes. Note that these would be vulnerable to bombers too, given that they need to be stationary to fire.

With the infantry weapons, a deployable chaingun would be nice. Maybe a single, 30mm chaingun. To borrow an idea from TF2, the weapon could be setup by a single person and used, but it would fire more slowly and take longer to reload when used by one person. A second person can act as the loader/support person though, which greatly increases the weapon's rate of fire and reload rate. Again, it needs to be deployed to use (must be stationary), has a somewhat limited field of fire, but is very good for defense, offensive surpression, and ambushes. Oh, also, there'd have to be some kind of personal shield that this weapon erects to ward off enemy snipers. Being a sniper myself, it would be impossible to have these weapons in the game without sniper protection. They simply would not be able to survive. So maybe have sniper bolts do less damage to them, or no damage, or can only do damage if they hit the people manning the weapon in the back 90 degrees (thus rewarding the pioneering sniper who manages to go behind the lines).
Old 2003-07-02, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #154
Protst Patrotsm
Private

I like the whole deployble gun-thing. That's a way-good idea. The VS get jump-jets, and that's only for them.

"This country, with it's institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can excercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it" - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2003-07-02, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Protst=Patrotsm
The VS get jump-jets, and that's only for them.
Yeah, that's the idea. It'd be empire specific equipment. Terrans get the auto-loader (or belt-fed weapons, whatever), Vanu get jump jet packs, NC get a weaker version of their MAX's forcefield, which may or not not extend further than the front 90 degrees of the player.
Old 2003-07-02, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Protst Patrotsm
Private

No I meant the VS already have them. Haven't you seen their crappy maxes fly over walls and up into towers?

"This country, with it's institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can excercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it" - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2003-07-02, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
starrider
First Lieutenant

i think he means for the non-MAX soldiers

"The absence of war is not peace." - Harry S. Truman

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you - Unknown
Old 2003-07-02, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
BlakkyZ8
Staff Sergeant

3) Crew-served weapons. I always thought it would be neat if there were vehicles and infantry weapons which required multiple people to operate, and were stationary while being used, but packed a hell of a punch.

For example, some sort of self propelled gun -- specific to each side -- which has to be deployed like an AMS before it can fire, and has a limited fire arc while deployed (and is somewhat fragile), but can unleash hell like nothing else. Useful for surpressing an enemy position if you've got them pretty much pinned down to the point where they can't kill off these vehicles before they deploy. Would also be cool for defensive positions and ambushes. Note that these would be vulnerable to bombers too, given that they need to be stationary to fire.
Oh man this is one of the best ideas i've heard. As long as it doesnt turn into extremely viable artillery. I could picture the NC with some sort of howitzer. Maybe 175mm cannon. Slow firing limited arc and limited lateral movement.... when aiming.
The TR would definitely need either a fast firing rocklet gun with like a 40 orcket clip... something like the reaver rockets, but full auto and a little less punch on a per hit basis. The splash would be weak against infantry. The weapon could be semi-affective against hard and soft targets alike. -OR- some kind of 30mm machine gun that would be very effective versus infantry, but not so good versus vehicles. Again the weapon would need very limited lateral movement when aiming.The VS... well maybe some sort of floating laser cannon with a fan on the back. I really dont know what the VS could have

Visit The TR Elite Guard

Join The TR Elite Guard

TReG Pwnz j00 like a Car

Old 2003-07-02, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by BlakkyZ8
Oh man this is one of the best ideas i've heard. As long as it doesnt turn into extremely viable artillery. I could picture the NC with some sort of howitzer. Maybe 175mm cannon. Slow firing limited arc and limited lateral movement.... when aiming.
The TR would definitely need either a fast firing rocklet gun with like a 40 orcket clip... something like the reaver rockets, but full auto and a little less punch on a per hit basis. The splash would be weak against infantry. The weapon could be semi-affective against hard and soft targets alike. -OR- some kind of 30mm machine gun that would be very effective versus infantry, but not so good versus vehicles. Again the weapon would need very limited lateral movement when aiming.The VS... well maybe some sort of floating laser cannon with a fan on the back. I really dont know what the VS could have
The idea was that the projectiles would actually have no fire arc. They may have an area of effect though (perhaps the NC and Vanu would fire a single, tremendous explosive round), although I think it would be cool if the TR had a big 100mm chaingun that spat out a couple dozen of rounds which could really tear things up in a fair area, in order to hopefully compensate for the lack of a singular explosive round. I dunno though, they're just ideas. I suspect all of these ideas could be made workable by a dev honestly trying to work out the kinks and talking it through with a bunch of other devs to get their angle on it, but that's asking a bit much.

But, just to better explain, the self-propelled guns were intended, as I said, to be an "oh shit" sort of offensive weapon that would judge whether the enemies really can hold the base or not. It would also be cool for holding bridges or passes -- you know, really digging in. Hell, even a few setup inside a base would be a help. In general, it would be a lot of fun to use, and that would eclipse the fact that they're not as useful as they are powerful. Which is to say, they're useful, but if all went well, they wouldn't be too useful. It would also give Liberators a prime target, given that the self-propelled guns need to be deployed to be actually fired.

Either way, I think a "really, really big gun" would be awesome. And I'd love to see some crazy looking hover particle beam cannon that Vanu would use. That would be too cool. But, yeah, as I said, just ideas.
Old 2003-07-02, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Gonna take the short route here - - - Ditto ^^

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-07-03, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
Protst Patrotsm
Private

Since SOE copying the Nazi bomb design, maybe they can do a little more... Copy the hugest gun ever made, the Paris Gun! Hehehehehehehehehe... That thing took an entire day to set up/take down, and could only fire a few shells a day, but they were HUGE!

Old 2003-07-05, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #162
Adun
Sergeant

Here's my idea for empire-specific artillery, it goes with the idea that tr uses alot of firepower, nc uses powerful firepower and vs use advanced guns.

These things are kinda like superweapons though, so they probably should be limited to high battleranked or command ranked people.

Terran Artillery: fires tonnes of large shells into a specific area, the gunner has a map that shows where the gun can fire and clicks on the map to fire. the artillery fires normal shells continuously and they completley carpet an area, probably best used to hold the enemy back. the gunner can decide between anti infantry, anti armor or anti air shells that explode in the air instead of on the ground.

NC Missle: A large missle is launched which goes straight up and the gunner has a map so he can decide where it hits when it comes back down, but he can zoom in on the map so he can target what he wants to kill more accuratley. The missle will hit roughly on where the gunner targeted it and it causes alot of damage, the missle has a long reload time and can be c=shot down by AA max's but if you hit a enemy squad with a missle, they're f*cked. The missle's blast is about big enough to cover a tower. The missle takes a while to get there, at the last few moments, the gunner can controll the missle himself and see through a camera on the tip.

VS Cannon: Lanuches a large sattelite like thing launches up until it can barley be seen on the ground and floats there, the gunner has 5 or so shots from its large lazer gun, the lazer doesn't make a big explosion or anything, but its probably the most accurate thing over that kind of distance in the game. Each blast can kill one or two guys. The gunner sees from the cannons view, a cammera that zooms really far. After the gun's done, the cannon sattelite thing just falls to the ground dead and eventually dissapears. The launch veicle only holds one of these things and goes to the rearm pad think that they're going to put into the bases and it geta reloaded. It wont work in a base to prevent someone from shooting these things over and over on the rearm pad. This cannon works as a weapon and a good way to see troops comeing since it can see soo far.

Ok, im done

Last edited by Adun; 2003-07-05 at 11:12 AM.
Old 2003-07-05, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #163
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Sounds a bit overpowered, turn the damage you're describing down a few notches, and I would be fine with it.
Old 2003-07-05, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
Adun
Sergeant

Yea, it wouldent be that great if it was a superweapon or something. I guess the tr artillery can partially carpet an area, the nc missle get an explosion 1/4 of what i said before, with a 20 second reload time and gets to its destination faster. The vs cannon will be a one shot thing, but will be strong enough to kill a pack of grouped enemies.

I guess that would work..
Old 2003-07-05, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
Adun
Sergeant

Since there are orbital strikes, how about a huge artillery gun in the sanctuary like what protst said, the paris gun.

In the interlink facility there would be a destructible console that people cr1 and above can use to fire the gun, the shell would travel from the sanctuary to the continent and the location it's targeted at. These shells are huge, but take a while to get there and cannot be fired inside the walls of bases or towers so the person commanding the cannon have to guess where the enemies are by the time the shell hits. The farther the continent is from the sanctuary, the longter the shell takes to get there. The cannon does not need outfit points or anything. These cannons also show up in locked continents, so there would be 2 shells (one from the locked continent, one from the sanct) that would hit. when a continent lock is broken, the cannon packs up and a huge transport takes it away. when there is a santuary stike, the cannon is shut down and comes back to life when the strikes over.

This will also be a nice thing to see from the sanct, the cannons huge and is in the very centre of the island and shakes up people who are nearby when it fires. I think something like this in the sanctuary could help make it seem theres always something happening since everytime this gun fires, its because a player ordered it to. The idea i had for empire specific artillery could also work with this.

Tr Cannon: Artillery cannon that works like i explained.

Nc Missle: Takes a big longer but packs more punch. A group of missle silos that fire missles straight up and come back down where they're told to.

Vs Lazer: shoots big lazer into the sky to the orbital platform and comes back down very quickly and accuratley, but is slightly weaker.

It would also be nice to have npc ships, trucks and stuff moving around and between the bases in the sanctuary to make it look like theres more going on than there already is.

those are my thoughts
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion