News: Server Hotfix 04.19.2013 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote is packed full of typos.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-19, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
camycamera
Major

Server Hotfix 04.19.2013

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...9-2013.117818/

All servers will come down at 6:00 AM PT (3:00 PM CEST) for a brief update to address a few outstanding issues. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately two hours. Players may note the following changes:

All capture times have now been standardized:
  • Small Outposts take 4 minutes
  • Large Outposts take 7 minutes
  • Facilities take 10 minutes
  • Influence bonus during capture has been removed
  • Bonus for number of players on the point has been removed
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from accessing certain equipment slots if they were switching between loadouts within the same class or vehicle AND had an item equipped in that slot in the first loadout, but not in the second
  • The 1st person pump action shotgun reload animation will no longer appear to be stuck
  • The NS11C compensator attachment will now be properly attached to the weapon
  • The main Rashnu Biolab is now capturable again (forward spawns are still being worked on)
  • Missing spawn shields at The Crown have been replaced.
  • Fixed an issue which prevented the engineer’s AV Turret from being previewed in the Depot
  • Fixed tint issue with the Black and Gold versions of the Underboss and Commissioner pistols when previewed on your character
  • Fixed a missing resupply button on the Utility page
  • Fix for generator timers displaying incorrect values in the HUD and minimap
  • Updated some weapons to match the values we initially called out in the GU07 release notes that we didn’t manage to get to Live servers the first time around:
  • VS Blueshift VM5
  • VS Nebula VM20
  • VS Cosmos VM3
  • Fixed issue preventing players from viewing the Hvar Northgate Garrison redeployment option
  • Fixed issue causing players deploying at The Crown to end up at the wrong location
did i beat em?

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-04-19 at 08:46 AM.
Old 2013-04-19, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: Server Hotfix 04.19.2013

It has already been bothersome seeing the Gen Timers, and noticing the longer cap timers even with 100% control and 6 people on point.

I'm talking about Waterson, Indar, Zurvan, a few hours ago before the Amerish Alert. God damn that place took ages.

And my FPS has been down in the dumps too. 20FPS max, down to 10 in small fights, down to 4 that time in Zurvan. Before the patch I used to have 40FPS max, down to 20 in small fights, 10 in large battles. Essentially a 50% decrease.
Old 2013-04-19, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Falcon_br
Captain

Well, 20 minutes to take a tech plant was forever!

Also noticed the ns11 c bug, the compensator was not conected to the weapon, just floating in front of it.
Rashnu Biolab was hilarious to defend, all those Vanu on the capture points and nothing happening.
The time on the generators was really weird.
And people are still standing on the points, now they will make it clear it no longer makes difference.

They need to remove the it alloys spawn inside the mountain, I don't know why that bug comes in and out every patch!

Attacked the crown twice today with sucesse, but didn't notice the respawn was without shields, looked like it was working for the enemy.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-19, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
It has already been bothersome seeing the Gen Timers, and noticing the longer cap timers even with 100% control and 6 people on point.

I'm talking about Waterson, Indar, Zurvan, a few hours ago before the Amerish Alert. God damn that place took ages.

And my FPS has been down in the dumps too. 20FPS max, down to 10 in small fights, down to 4 that time in Zurvan. Before the patch I used to have 40FPS max, down to 20 in small fights, 10 in large battles. Essentially a 50% decrease.
Lol, I was there with you! That massive Vanu max attack for the SCU was awesome, until I hit them all with a flash bang.
I went to bed after the alert started and we got the vans tech plant, Mao if I am correct.
Got lots of,generators today, receiving almost 500 to arm it and more 500 to blow it, I am afraid to get TKed because of that!
Always delete the useroptions.ini, it might help.

And please, all those family size pizza they call anti tank mines are now of no use! Mine guard is no longer required, if you don't spot mines bigger them a flash on the road you most die! It is strange they still have the same size on your hands, but when you deploy it, it grows to over double the size!

I asked for them at the warp gate it the new size was ok, someone deployed one and I just wish I could reset my certs, on the patch notes they tell the ammo box would receive a better icon, well at least give it the same size of the tank mines and everyone can easily finds one to resupply!

If they don't decrease the tank mines to the normal size, at least make it one hit kill enemy tanks, if you didn't spot it, you deserve to die! Unless with mine guard.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-19, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Those capture timer changes will be handy.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2013-04-19 at 02:34 AM. Reason: removed new formatting of notes
Old 2013-04-19, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

Indeed! Thanks for posting.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-04-19, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ringring
Contributor
General

The capture timers for outposts feel a little too short (no supporting evidence just a feeling). The key being is it long enough to notice an outpost is being captured and then to respond and attempt to resecure.

This possibly also applies to towers (7 minutes).

A question and concern within my outfit is that there will be no requirement for anyone to 'stand' on the hack anymore, which possibly could lead to a outbreak of ghost hacking.

Personally, I am not against ghost hacking per se, as long as it's done for strategic reasons rather than to simply collect cheap XP. (Ideally ghost hack should net zero xp)
Old 2013-04-19, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I wonder if the Lasher will get its animation now.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DeeX
Private

Buff the ghost cappers a bit more please!
Old 2013-04-19, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by DeeX View Post
Buff the ghost cappers a bit more please!
I think they're setting up for the micro hex system that will be implemented. With that, I think, ghost capping will have less opportunities.
Old 2013-04-19, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I think they're setting up for the micro hex system that will be implemented. With that, I think, ghost capping will have less opportunities.
Yeah, the Lattice only allows you one or two options per Territory, so even when you can Ghost Hack it's not like you can just barrel straight for the Enemy Warpgate or write your initials on the map.

I also don't think you get any Experiance Points for Captures you're not present for, you have to be within the distance the Point shows up on the Minimap otherwise it doesn't count it.
Old 2013-04-19, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info

Very cool they fixed the insane cap times, also very welcomed that the gen/scu timers should now show the correct amount.

Not sure what to think about the removal of players and territory influence on cap time, that was a nice feature i thought.

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2013-04-19, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Elahhez View Post
Not sure what to think about the removal of players and territory influence on cap time, that was a nice feature i thought.
Honestly their removal might make the Hex System salvageable...
Now we not only have a chance to Re-Secure, but needing to wait will actually help keep the Zerg from just steamrolling in straight lines across a Continent.
Old 2013-04-19, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Anybody else think you should not be able to capture territory that wouldn't be connected to your warp gate? This would prevent cut off territories from advanced further into enemy territory.

I don't see disadvantages there really. Just need to keep one link to your frontline hex. Makes sense logistically.
Old 2013-04-19, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Finally! Months of not purchasing the Cosmos has finally paid off!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion