[OF] Additional BFR Balance Considerations - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: has WMDs.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-11-07, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Exclamation [OF] Additional BFR Balance Considerations

http://www.planetside-universe.com/i...hp?newsid=1082

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-11-07, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

this is why i love this dev team.

active rebalancing for the win; i have to say i don't mind BFRs a bit now, i think they're doing a brilliant job of fitting them into the game despite the lack of a required crew
Old 2004-11-07, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NightWalker XI
Colonel

interesting mr. bond, very interesting, im glad the devs are taking these steps, it will improve the gameplay alot IMO...
Old 2004-11-07, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
6thEdition
Ejaculator

I actually don't notice anything different about them really..
Old 2004-11-07, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
LiveWireTehSoda
Private

Misc Info

I saw that grunts were actually repellign bfr attacks today and I was very pleased WTG devs WTG!
Old 2004-11-07, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Doubling the duration of EMP will be huge, as will be the decimator buff. Jesus, infantry aren't too bad against BFRs right now, but they're going to be their worst nightmare next patch. Just how it should be.

And it's interesting that Samhayne remarked on how BFRs form a front between two sides. That's the same thing I was noticing myself yesterday. For once the fights are decided between two bases, rather than exclusively against the walls of a single base. It's great. If only those magriders weren't so well suited to that sort of action, with their really-good-at-long-range gun.
Old 2004-11-07, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

Just dont change the BFR's. Change the inf power over BFR's, nothing else!!!
Old 2004-11-07, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Marsman
Major

While the whiners will say the devs haven't moved fast enough, I personally commend the devs for their delicate touch. As history has proven balance is a tough act in planetside and it would be all too easy to over buff or over nurf things into a ping-pong game of too-much and/or not-enuf.
By tweaking things in small amounts the devs have not only had time to gauge their effectiveness, they also allowed the community time to adjust to new tactics in countering the new forces on the battlefield. Being conservative has proven to provide the clearer picture of current situation as the newness wears off and a truer image of battlefields with BFR's emerges.
The devs seem to have a very precise idea of how they want BFR's to be in PS and it sounds to me like their approach has been dead on in bringing that vision to light. Devs: Keep up the good work guys. The community on the whole sees your efforts and appreciates the steps taken so far in making PS the game we all want to play.
Old 2004-11-07, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Marsman
While the whiners will say the devs haven't moved fast enough, I personally commend the devs for their delicate touch. As history has proven balance is a tough act in planetside and it would be all too easy to over buff or over nurf things into a ping-pong game of too-much and/or not-enuf.
By tweaking things in small amounts the devs have not only had time to gauge their effectiveness, they also allowed the community time to adjust to new tactics in countering the new forces on the battlefield. Being conservative has proven to provide the clearer picture of current situation as the newness wears off and a truer image of battlefields with BFR's emerges.
The devs seem to have a very precise idea of how they want BFR's to be in PS and it sounds to me like their approach has been dead on in bringing that vision to light. Devs: Keep up the good work guys. The community on the whole sees your efforts and appreciates the steps taken so far in making PS the game we all want to play.
I agree 100%. I love how the BFRs take the battle to the field, it makes combat much more in depth, strategic, and realistic. BFRs are indeed a powerful weapon, but they should be a carefully played trump, deployed in specific locations under specific conditions for devistating effect. Therefore I think it's a good idea to make them pretty specialized, which the devs are accomplishing fantastically.
Old 2004-11-07, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Kam
Major

They need to make it so BFRs cant just sit at the nanite tower and heal constantly. This equals impregnable base turret.
Old 2004-11-07, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Kam
They need to make it so BFRs cant just sit at the nanite tower and heal constantly. This equals impregnable base turret.
For the healing to matter, it must be getting damaged enough to drop its shields. And I assure you, the healing of that silo thing doesn't do more damage than what it takes to drop a BFR's shields.
Old 2004-11-08, 12:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lise
Second Lieutenant

20 seconds of BFR nerfdom once you hit it with a Jammer. Ouch. I'm still iffy on Decimators though... I'm afraid that the ammo buff for the empire AV weapons has really marginalized the Deci, in my mind. Still, it's great to see the devs taking an active part in making BFRs work, which I think they can.
Old 2004-11-08, 01:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
AbramsVS
Corporal

Decimator still means nothing to BFR
6 rockets into Colossus doesnt do anything to this beast......DEVs should adjust the BFR that way that it can take max 6-7 Decimator rockets to its shield.
Old 2004-11-08, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by AbramsVS
Decimator still means nothing to BFR
6 rockets into Colossus doesnt do anything to this beast......DEVs should adjust the BFR that way that it can take max 6-7 Decimator rockets to its shield.
The idea is not that one grunt should be able to take down a BFR, it's for a few grunts to be able to. Yes, one guy shooting a decimator will do little if he's the only one firing at it, and so it should. After all, what's the reacquisition timer on a grunt's loadout?

But if you get a few grunts to fire at the BFR, it should pose a threat. Hell, even right now a few decimators firing in tandem is nothing to scoff at. Even worse is if the grunts get to jam you and then run inside your shields. HUGE damage, those things can do. Once the next patch goes live and there's a 20 second duration for jamming, and decimators do 50% more damage, there is no way in hell I'm going to bring my BFR near a base until it's been secured by infantry. It will definitely be a step in the right direction.
Old 2004-11-08, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
AbramsVS
Corporal

The bad thing is that now almoste evry BFR that movin onto base got at least 2-3 guys that hiding in its shield.....usually AV weapons guys or snipers.....
As devs will tweak it more i think we will get BFR+10 soldiers+tank....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion