PSU: Vanu: Vipers are not ugly
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment

Old 2011-12-13, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
LeonidRex
Private

Join the outfit that suits you best!

First, you're only allowed to join if you understand the cleverly worded double entendre I snuck into the title.

Consider this not to be an outfit, but an outfit in progress. I have never played the original PlanetSide, however I did get addicted to absorbing all possible information and tactical information that I possible could about the game. Having watched around 30ish hours of footage from other outfits, I feel like an obsessed fool.

This outfit is made by a newb, for teh newbs. If you have played the original planetside, maybe you could join as a vet. if you haven't, take pride in knowing that almost everyone in this outfit will be learning with you.

One issue! Planetside 2 isn't out yet. BUT! That doesn't mean we can't start recruiting early.

If I had one goal for this outfit it's just to get a few players who like to have fun and joke around together and still get to a visceral and tactical level of combat. One thing that has bothered me about many outfits (this is just from watching videos on youtube, correct me if I'm wrong), is that they take things waaaaay too seriously. I understand that the world will go to shit if the outfit doesn't try, but what I want to do is create an outfit that is strong, bonded, and funny as hell.

So join the "Pending Outfit Name Here" NOW! And receive a free macadamia nut cookie upon joining! Two things:

1. We need a name, anything either not funny or not badass will be rejected.
2. I'm not sure what the planetside community on this website is like, so I hope that this topic isn't going to get trolled-to-hell within the first 5 minutes of posting. Play nice.
Old 2011-12-13, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Join the outfit that suits you best!

get me an image, description and maybe a video, ill start promoting to the masses!
Old 2011-12-13, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sofa
Private

Galt and I had a pretty similar idea, actually; a not-so-serious outfit that scrapes all the new, less-than-competent, and just plain impatient players (like myself) together, and hurls them at the other teams in bulk. The point is to provide a steady stream of action to those who want it, a place for newbies to hone their skills, a team in which one person's mess-ups or lack of skill don't matter, and basically just a catalyst for fun (even though Galt kept insisting on making it all serioused-up realistic like this was ArmA2 or something, and posted a gigantic essay here on the forums just to convey the idea).

It's good to know I'm not the only one with such sentiments. Also, you know which faction you're joining yet?
Old 2011-12-13, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

I heard "No Outfit" is recruiting
Old 2011-12-13, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
LeonidRex
Private

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
I heard "No Outfit" is recruiting
Well why would you want to walk around with no clothes? Thats just absurd.
Old 2011-12-13, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
LeonidRex
Private

It's really hard to decide, I'd like to get a few guys who are interested together and get a vote as to which faction. I'm guessing most newbies would head to the TR just because it looks like something they might understand. But I'm gravitating between TR and Vanu (Maybe thats just because the concept art for their MAX seems epic! C'mon, who wouldn't want a max crash full of those things).
Old 2011-12-14, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
LeonidRex
Private

Here is a list of some names, anyone of these might be used, or maybe none will be used and I'll think of something better.

Scarlet Heaven
One man and a Boomstick
Chain Operations
Funky Finest
Party Patrol
The Wee Peoples
Back Alley Knights
Children of Phantom Aggression
The Bureau
Bloodbath & Beyond
The Newbies of Shadowy Shenanigans
NERD Patrol
Noob Control
Assembly of Mad Midget Conquistadores
Prestige Worldwide
Llama Cavalry
Almost Famous
Punk in Drublic
My ROFLkitten goes MEWMEWMEW
Planetside Macabre

And one I got from a name generator...
Order of Chinese Farmers Incorporated (LOL)

Last edited by LeonidRex; 2011-12-14 at 06:03 PM. Reason: More content
Old 2011-12-14, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SgtMAD
Captain

you would be far better off joining an established outfit and actually see what it takes to start up and run a decent outfit
Old 2011-12-14, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by LeonidRex View Post
It's really hard to decide, I'd like to get a few guys who are interested together and get a vote as to which faction. I'm guessing most newbies would head to the TR just because it looks like something they might understand. But I'm gravitating between TR and Vanu (Maybe thats just because the concept art for their MAX seems epic! C'mon, who wouldn't want a max crash full of those things).
you seem like one of those newbies.
Old 2011-12-15, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
LeonidRex
Private

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
you seem like one of those newbies.
HELL YES! LAZORBEEMS FTW!
Old 2011-12-18, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Most of the outfits I know (not that many) don't take life that serious as you would perceive based on outfit videos. Those vids are often recorded during events, and these vids usually want to impress the audience with solid teamwork and/or good personal skills. The everyday life within an outfit is way more relaxed. Friendly banter on TS, makeing jokes with/of each other, some tactical stuff, and the peak of every session, the drunken buddy who arrives half stoned, messes up everything, has a funny klingon accent and tells you 10 times in a row (while brakeing in tears) how much he loves everyone while flying the galaxy into the nearest mountain - and everyone is crying loud in "fear" and spams voice macros... (Yes Hanni, I love you too!) But when the situation changes everything goes tactical, requests and aknowledges fill the channel, target directions and threat reports replace the leanback chatter. A whole platoon of 20-30 men fill your Teamspeak channel, but you know all of them by their voice and you know exactly which message is aimed at you. Participating in a half-casual/half-serious outfit is priceless!

So if you fear that you won't be able to catch up soon enough in an old outfit, you can forget that mate! There are outfits or outfit leaders who take themselves a bit too serious, but most of them plays for the fun. You cannot really make a mistake when you pick one.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment