Problems launching Planetside 1 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Halloween is like every other day.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-05-03, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ariche
Private

Problems launching Planetside 1

Hi, I recently got Planetside 2, but could barely run it at a playable frame rate, so when I heard PlanetSide 1 was going free to play, I thought I'd give that a try. So, as soon as I got Planetside 1, I open the Launchpad, log in, hit Play, and then it opens the game. At this point, there's a black screen. Then a window pops up with "Generic Planetside Error - Planetside will now close.". This is extremely infuriating, as it gives no error code, nothing. Nothing to help me isolate and fix the problem. It seems no one else is getting this, I've searched everywhere. So now I'm posting here. Thanks in advance.
Old 2014-05-03, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DarkSkyes
Corporal

Re: Problems launching Planetside 1

Hey seems like a driver error. Download the latest drivers for your video card and directx. Also remember to launch the game as admin on win7/vista.
Old 2014-05-03, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ariche
Private

According to NVIDIA GeForce Experience (The automatic driver updater for GeForce cards) my drivers are completely up to date, and it even has beta drivers installed. If it would let me try non-beta drivers, I'd try that but there's no option. I tried going to the website, but it just redirects me to the GeForce Experience installer.
Old 2014-05-03, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zulthus
Colonel

Are you running in XP compatibility mode/launching as administrator?
Old 2014-05-03, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SztEltviz
Sergeant

I had to set the planetside.exe to run as administrator, the launchpad was not enough
Old 2014-05-05, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ariche
Private

I've set both planetside.exe and LaunchPad.exe to XP Compatability and Run as Admin. Still won't work :/
Old 2014-05-05, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
DarkSkyes
Corporal

Can you play other games ok? It sounds like a similar problem I had I just rolled back and then updated my drivers and it worked. Not sure..
Old 2014-05-05, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ringring
Contributor
General

How about your firewall blocking the ports

also is your login a SOE account or a Pro7 (it must be SOE)?
Old 2014-05-05, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hippo
Private

Try disabling your Anti-Virus program, it can often conflict with gaming online. If that doesn't fix the problem, try ReInstalling Planetside and your graphic card drivers.
Old 2014-05-09, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ariche
Private

Originally Posted by DarkSkyes View Post
Can you play other games ok? It sounds like a similar problem I had I just rolled back and then updated my drivers and it worked. Not sure..
Yeah, I can play all other games fine. Planetside 2 I had to mess around with to run in 32bit though, cuz 64bit wouldn't work even though I do have a 64bit version of Win 7.

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
How about your firewall blocking the ports

also is your login a SOE account or a Pro7 (it must be SOE)?
My login's an SOE Account (I think, I'll check.). And as for Firewalls, I don't have one unless Windows Firewall's having a go at it which it shouldn't be. Have to check that too.

Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
Try disabling your Anti-Virus program, it can often conflict with gaming online. If that doesn't fix the problem, try ReInstalling Planetside and your graphic card drivers.
I don't have an anti-virus for that exact reason. I've reinstalled Planetside once already, I'll try it again. As for reinstalling graphics drivers, I would have no idea how to even begin to do that.
Old 2014-05-11, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
SztEltviz
Sergeant

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us this site is easier to use to search for the best driver. When installing the driver, select advanced mode, then there will be a clean install option, that first uninstall the old drivers and clear the setting, so if there is something conflicting then it will be purged.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion