Sub-faction Competing Within Empires? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Yes, we ARE too sexy for you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-12-24, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Sub-faction Competing Within Empires?

I've put this in a separate thread from the Meta Game discussion, as I'm sure there will be a lot of beeps or flaming from other players Currently we have a system in the game called Griefing, which prevents people from killing each other within the game who belong to the same empire. There is still no word on how exactly outfits are to be compensated compared to other players, so I have an idea that might make it more interesting. As it stands, the people that claim the most territory are outfits, composed of dozens or (in the case of The Enclave) thousands of players in them...

But what if, within those empires, people of two rival outfits could compete for resource-bonuses?

What I'm proposing is a modification to the system, where unaligned players would still earn grief from others, and provide grief to players in outfits. However, when trying to gain a boost in resources for one particular group, they could eliminate allied players of another, independent group of the same empire without penalty. All of these outfit-dependent resources earned could then be spent on benefits to purchase and improve a mobile outfit base (think the M510/Mammoth vehicle in Halo 4), or could convert them into CPs to upgrade other weapons and vehicles.

There would also be an outfit ranking through the PS2 Players portal that shows everyone how they're doing compared to rival outfits, with a higher Outfit Point (OP) benefit awarded the smaller the outfit's global population is to others.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2012-12-24 at 10:17 PM.
Old 2012-12-25, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: Sub-faction Competing Within Empires?

Yes, please justify the wholesale slaughter of giant zergfit outfits. I'll gladly take an ongoing and valid reason to spawncamp Evilpig.

in other words, this will never happen because of a hilarious level of abuse being opened with it unless you get super clever.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-12-25 at 08:48 AM.
Old 2012-12-29, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Here's a simple solution: just add faction-specific continents for this purpose. (think Guild Wars 2 if I'm not mistaken.) easy fix :P
Old 2013-01-08, 04:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
adaroe
Private

world versus world in gw2, man its fun. but yeah ahem give me a reason to pk reallly...
Old 2013-01-11, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
IamEternal
Private

This would ultimately destroy the game. Casual players would stop playing altogether because Outfits would start only recruiting active hardcore players to pad their numbers and get points. This would leave everyone else at the mercy of larger groups. No one wants to play where they are spawn killed none stop because people that are on their own side want free xp. Way to much potential for abuse.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault