[Question] On what settings can i play the game? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where hacking and carjacking is perfectly legal.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-08, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Baconomnom
Private

[Question] On what settings can i play the game?

Hi everyone! I'm planning on getting this PC, but I have no idea or whatsoever of this, but do you know on what settings raphics i can run the game with these Specs?
Processor: Intel Core i5-4430 Quad core, @3 GHz, 3,2 with Turbo.
RAM: 10 Gigabites
Graphics Card: GeForce Gt 625, 2GB Graphical memory

(just another quick question: What do i need to have (Graphics card, Processor or RAM)for a good Render quality?)

Thanks very much.
-Baconomnom
Old 2013-09-08, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: [Question] On what settings can i play the game?

Play on high at the very least.

This game is generally CPU bound meaning that reducing video quality often mean you get fewer FPS.

If anything try reducing shadows. Try running with PhysX and without and compare the experience.

Further than that, in game press alt+f which will display your fps and either [cpu] or [gpu].

The first of those means you are CPU bound. You will probably be CPU bound in fights.

The second means you are GPU bound. You will be GPU bound (probably) when you are in an empty area and when it doesn't matter much.
Old 2013-09-08, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by Baconomnom View Post
Hi everyone! I'm planning on getting this PC, but I have no idea or whatsoever of this, but do you know on what settings raphics i can run the game with these Specs?
Processor: Intel Core i5-4430 Quad core, @3 GHz, 3,2 with Turbo.
RAM: 10 Gigabites
Graphics Card: GeForce Gt 625, 2GB Graphical memory

(just another quick question: What do i need to have (Graphics card, Processor or RAM)for a good Render quality?)

Thanks very much.
-Baconomnom
It would be more wise to build your own PC, especially if you are looking for an OS that is not Win8.

So far as to say, you would do well on High.
Old 2013-09-09, 04:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Twasta
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
It would be more wise to build your own PC, especially if you are looking for an OS that is not Win8.

This. Skip Win 8 at all costs.

Old 2013-09-09, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baconomnom
Private

Will try, as long as it's still in my budget

EDIT: What do you guys think of a AMD Radeon HD7000 1GB graphics card? i have no knowledge in the graphics card stuff.

Last edited by Baconomnom; 2013-09-09 at 01:11 PM.
Old 2013-09-09, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Fenrys
Major

You don't have a GPU worth mentioning. I'd be surprised if the game ran on Low.

This (better)
or
This (~2/3'rds as powerful as the above, but w/ physx eyecandy)

Would be the bare minimum for GPU power. The GPU in the first link is about 925% faster than your current GPU.
Old 2013-09-09, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baconomnom
Private

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
You don't have a GPU worth mentioning. I'd be surprised if the game ran on Low.

This (better)
or
This (~2/3'rds as powerful as the above, but w/ physx eyecandy)

Would be the bare minimum for GPU power. The GPU in the first link is about 925% faster than your current GPU.
do you comment on the original post or my last post? and why do the others say I would do good on high settings whn you reply to the original post?
Old 2013-09-09, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
AThreatToYou
Major

For video card, GTX 660/760 will perform your needs.
Since PS2 is an NVIDIA promoted game, I would suggest getting an Nvidia card anyhoot.
Old 2013-09-09, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Twasta View Post
This. Skip Win 8 at all costs.
I'm running Win 8.1 consumer preview now and so far it's a rock solid desktop-friendly OS. Big improvement over Win 8 for desk-top users.
Old 2013-09-09, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
camycamera
Major

For video card, GTX 660/760 will perform your needs.
Since PS2 is an NVIDIA promoted game, I would suggest getting an Nvidia card anyhoot.
if he'd want to go cheaper than that, i'd recommend the ASUS GTX 650Ti, it is my card. it is cheap, it is fantastic. can run PS2 on ultra, above 30 frames (i say 30 because this game is CPU intensive).

but of course, it doesn't really matter when it comes to PS2, due to it being a CPU hog.
Old 2013-09-09, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Fenrys
Major

Originally Posted by Baconomnom View Post
do you comment on the original post or my last post? and why do the others say I would do good on high settings whn you reply to the original post?
I was responding to the OP. I think the people saying you can run it on High are not aware that an Nvidia 625 GPU is rather weak. The game needs a good CPU, and the CPU you are looking at is fantastic - fully capable of running it on High if it were paired with a decent GPU.

If you are looking into the AMD 7000 series GPUs, the 7790 is the cheapest I would recommend. A 7770 would be OK, but you'd probably still feel the desire to upgrade in the near future. IMO, the performance gain you'd get from spending the extra $30 on a 7850 (compared to a 7790) is significant in terms of performance per dollar.

Generally speaking, with a few exceptions:

For AMD GPUs, the 1st digit tells you how new the card is. So a 7000 card is newer than a 6000 card.
The 2nd digit tells you how powerful the card is designed to be. So a 7800 is faster than a 7700.
The 3rd digit tells you about how well the card did during quality control testing. So a 7770 is the same basic card as a 7790 but the 7770 had some parts that did not pass quality control and those parts were disabled, leading to a slightly slower card.

For Nvidia GPUs, the 1st digit also tells you how new the card is, and the 2nd digit tells you how powerful the card is compared to other cards released at the same time. For example, a 580 is older than a 625, but the 580 is significantly faster than the 625.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2013-09-09 at 08:55 PM.
Old 2013-09-10, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Baconomnom
Private

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
I was responding to the OP. I think the people saying you can run it on High are not aware that an Nvidia 625 GPU is rather weak. The game needs a good CPU, and the CPU you are looking at is fantastic - fully capable of running it on High if it were paired with a decent GPU.

If you are looking into the AMD 7000 series GPUs, the 7790 is the cheapest I would recommend. A 7770 would be OK, but you'd probably still feel the desire to upgrade in the near future. IMO, the performance gain you'd get from spending the extra $30 on a 7850 (compared to a 7790) is significant in terms of performance per dollar.

Generally speaking, with a few exceptions:

For AMD GPUs, the 1st digit tells you how new the card is. So a 7000 card is newer than a 6000 card.
The 2nd digit tells you how powerful the card is designed to be. So a 7800 is faster than a 7700.
The 3rd digit tells you about how well the card did during quality control testing. So a 7770 is the same basic card as a 7790 but the 7770 had some parts that did not pass quality control and those parts were disabled, leading to a slightly slower card.

For Nvidia GPUs, the 1st digit also tells you how new the card is, and the 2nd digit tells you how powerful the card is compared to other cards released at the same time. For example, a 580 is older than a 625, but the 580 is significantly faster than the 625.
okay thanks! I'll try to put everything together without exceeding my budget, pretty hard. I'll just sell my old WII or something
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion