Does vanu suck - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You wish it was for dinner.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-13, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
shinken
First Sergeant

Originally posted by =ColdbringeR=
Vanu suck because they are outnumbered and unorganized. They are outnumbered because they are purple. Purple is a crappy color. Nobody likes purple unless they are gay or female. So since there are so many gays and females on the Vanu they tend to be disorganized because they are always chatting with eachother about how their command ranks make them look like they are wearing bell bottoms, and how it's sooo out of style.

cant wait for neotassadar to in here and flame you for this comment

"Oh, just your standard issue big gun"
Old 2003-06-13, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
kidriot
Sergeant Major

the vanu faction doesn't suck but the people playing as vanu sure seem to
Old 2003-06-13, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by =ColdbringeR=
Vanu suck because they are outnumbered and unorganized. They are outnumbered because they are purple. Purple is a crappy color. Nobody likes purple unless they are gay or female. So since there are so many gays and females on the Vanu they tend to be disorganized because they are always chatting with eachother about how their command ranks make them look like they are wearing bell bottoms, and how it's sooo out of style.

You judge a faction by its color? Okay, it's true that most people have an aversion to purple, and it's probably why we're outnumbered (unless it's the chainguns and guided missles the other sides have). I'm fine with purple and I am one of the horniest straight guys out there. I used to hate it, but for reasons I will not repeat yet again, I got over it. Most otakus are fine with purple (see: Neon Genesis Evangelion). Your comment on our being disorganized is based on an assumption, based on another assumption, based on another. Not likely reliable.
Old 2003-06-13, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
kidriot
Sergeant Major

my "assumption" is based on experience. it's based on defending Hossin nearly everyday against the Vanu horde. it's based on the fighting at Searhus where the only times Vanu seem to get a foothold is with superior numbers. it isn't the weapons it's the people themselves.

the Vanu I've fought suck as a collective.

the only non zerg fights I've had the pleasure of participating in are against Zero Defiance.
Old 2003-06-13, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

=ColdbringeR= = kidriot?

Hmm...Either someone's being sneaky or someone's being a dumbass.
Old 2003-06-13, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
kidriot
Sergeant Major

not being a dumbass. I knew you were talking to him.

"Your comment on our being disorganized is based on an assumption, based on another assumption, based on another. Not likely reliable."

that's what I was talking about.
Old 2003-06-13, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Ahem...
Originally posted by kidriot
my "assumption" is based on experience.
Nice attempt at cover, though.
Old 2003-06-13, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
kidriot
Sergeant Major

like it matters anyway. vanu still suck from what I've seen.
Old 2003-06-13, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Real intelligent.
Old 2003-06-13, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
kidriot
Sergeant Major

that's something the vanu could use when organizing their attacks: intelligence.
Old 2003-06-14, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
TheJingle
Private

I love all the "Vanu arent bad they just need to use better tactics than the enemy to win" comments . If the game was truly balanced teams using "equal" tactics would be an even fight , but for the vanu to win they have to use much better tactics . I dont think the vanu are super underpowered though we could use a bit of help in some areas (i stress the term "a bit" , we arent a total pile of crap or anything) . Saying the pulsar is fine because you can kill inferior enemies in it doesnt mean it isnt a pile of crap compared to the other ones (thats my main problem with VS is that the pulsar is such a POS , and yes , it really is....) . The lasher could use a bit of love(just like the TR chaingun could) and the maxes could too but its nothing huge . The Vanu are still underpowered though weaponwise, just because a group of good Vanu can kill a group of TR that are unorganized doesnt mean theyre unbalanced . Id imagine the same group of players playing TR or NC would generally have an easier time .
Old 2003-06-14, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
TheJingle
Private

And when i said inferior enemies I meant inferior skill...not sure there is any weapon inferior to the Pulsar....
Old 2003-06-14, 12:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
ColdbringeR
Corporal

Originally posted by NeoTassadar
You judge a faction by its color? Okay, it's true that most people have an aversion to purple, and it's probably why we're outnumbered (unless it's the chainguns and guided missles the other sides have). I'm fine with purple and I am one of the horniest straight guys out there. I used to hate it, but for reasons I will not repeat yet again, I got over it. Most otakus are fine with purple (see: Neon Genesis Evangelion). Your comment on our being disorganized is based on an assumption, based on another assumption, based on another. Not likely reliable.
Eh, i was just kiddin. Vanu are my second favorite next to NC. They sure look alot cooler than Terrans at least. Even if they are purple...

Last edited by ColdbringeR; 2003-06-14 at 12:31 AM.
Old 2003-06-14, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by kidriot
the vanu faction doesn't suck but the people playing as vanu sure seem to
Obviously everyone playing NC is just super skilled, right?
Old 2003-06-14, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

1)Vanu has the worst weapons (theres some good posts with hard data on the PS forums, and the dev's are looking into boosting VS weaps)
2)Vanu has the least people on EVERY server

http://www3.telus.net/westside1/Plan..._2003_6_11.jpg

Agathon: have you ever been in a VS outfit?
My outfit on Johari ( The Final Stand) is the #1 VS/Johari Outfit, we have 540,000 point/388 members. (1390 average)
every night, we have at LEAST 4 squads going, all attacking the same target, so please dont tell me we have "less tactics".

ggkthx

i think i made my point
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion