Empire Improvement Ideas - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You log in, but you don't log out.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-14, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Darken
Private

Anyone think I should post these over at the SOE boards so hopefully the devs could see em?
Old 2003-06-15, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

You can try

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-15, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Tieom
Master Sergeant

Although I haven't played the game yet (Shame!) it seems really 'off' to me for the phoenix to have a 2 round clip. I think they should just put a dumbfire mode on it so you don't HAVE to guide it if you don't want to. It would make it much more effective indoors and in heated battles it would make you less of a sitting duck.
Old 2003-06-15, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Darken
Private

I have some more for the Vanu:

4) Vanu Knife- This weapon is both visible and makes a sound while in secondary. This makes it much easier to kill the knifer. Plz either remove the sound or make the knife not glow while the user is cloaked or make it do additional damage.
5)The Beamer- This weapon is without a doubt the worst standard weapon in the game. It simply has no advantages beyond its built in ap mode. Unfortunetly if your shooting at an armored vehicle or max with a beamer your already in alot of trouble. One idea is to allow the beamer to have a charged shot- simaler to the briar pistol in jedi knight. If cloaked the user would become visible while charging the shot which woulad take 3-5 seconds. The shot will be a one to two shot kill of infantry at extremely close range but the damage fallout would be extremely dramatic. This would also give regular vanu infantry a reason to use their pistols if they were camping a hallway or are behind an unsuspecting enemy undetected.
Old 2003-06-15, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Slab
Corporal

Aye. I agree with the top poster.

The Vanu standard pistol and knife need some changes.
"Priority is never to kill. Priority #1 is to annoy, annoy, annoy."
Old 2003-06-15, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Doppler
Contributor
Major

No way man vanu knioves are the best, you get one in each slot and use the /flag command you can help guide friendly airplanes into a smooth landing spot, and just imagine what they will be able to do with the liberator.

But seriously i think this is some kinda oversight between the art and the sound department and the programers. If it gives a visual cue then why the hell does it give a audio cue. Seriousl with the ability to produce matter from noting I think the vanu whoulda put their heads together and saids, hmm this knife sucks lets replicate a bunch of the NC knives and paint them puirple.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-06-15, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
FliggenMan
Sergeant

Darken u are smart, these are all good ideas. But i also think they need to change the striker. The precision based secondary fire of the striker along with its ballistic 3 -missle rapid fire capability makes it an unbeatable AV hybrid. IMO the homing capabilty needs to be taken away, and they need to give the striker more missles that are ballistic, but a bit weaker. This would stress the TR motif of lots of ammunition for increased probability of a hit.
Old 2003-06-15, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Very well said and thought out.

The thresher gun does 15 armor a hit.. +/- 3 from my in game testing.
Old 2003-06-15, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
MJBuddy
Master Sergeant

the pheonix isnt a good weapon for NC

we are the "less bullets, more damage" empire..we have less bullets but less damage as well

a boost in pheonix somewhere IS needed, why do u think no one uses it? however, every TR uses the striker because it's awsome
Old 2003-06-16, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Darken
Private

I just had a pretty good idea, how about turning the lasher into the lightning gun outta quake. It makes sense, fits with the vanu theme and would give the vanu a true signature wep.
Old 2003-06-16, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Originally posted by Darken
I just had a pretty good idea, how about turning the lasher into the lightning gun outta quake. It makes sense, fits with the vanu theme and would give the vanu a true signature wep.
HOLY GRIEF POINTS BATMAN

That gun was just a sword, people would go around swinging at enemies and friendlies alike.

Just a thought, but what if we gave the beamer some plasma burn? Alittle damage over time aspect or 2-3hp per second for 5-6 seconds.
Old 2003-06-16, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Tryndamere
Sergeant

the pheonix isnt a good weapon for NC

we are the "less bullets, more damage" empire..we have less bullets but less damage as well

a boost in pheonix somewhere IS needed, why do u think no one uses it? however, every TR uses the striker because it's awsome
Are you kidding?

There are tons of NC who use the Pheonix. If you guys don't see a use for it, you're retarded.

Ever take out a base turret from behind trees or a hill where you can't be hit? Or lead your missiles over a wall to hit what's behind it?

Stfu you crying babies and go kill people.
Old 2003-06-16, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Darken
Private

Your right the Lighting should be the Lashers ultra close range secondary fire maybe only a 10-15 reach but it would still be so cool.
Old 2003-06-16, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Stimulate
Corporal

The NC anti V weapon has killed me quicker then any other Anti V weapon in the game, and this includes being in a Prowler and Max. Two round clip would be insane, the jackhammer already owns enough but I won't flame it because I love having a challenge.
Old 2003-06-16, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Id like to see a movie of this phnx taking you out quicker. From what I head the Vanu AV weapon can snipe snipers (if it can do that then they got a huge advantage against vehicles, just sit on a far away hill and pound them. And the striker has a lock on and dumbfire mode. Hmmm any retard can sidestep out and fire a dumbfire rkt at a turret. Or go into a forest lock on and fire run deep back in and come out at another point and fire again (do not stand in one place ppl!) Now theres the NC phnx. While that striker guy has fired and is running away the phnx guy is guiding the rkt. In my mind If I saw a rocket flying from woods and i knew it was NC so he couldnt move id go waste him. Now u can say that u can do that to the TR guy too but once he fires hes gone and heading deep into the woods. He also will see u coming on account of not getting the missles tunnle eye vision so he may be able to engage u.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion