Are VS MAXes woth it? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you see black and red, you're already dead.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-07, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

i have seen some dumb ones though i spawn i see a VS max camping i charge at him with a suppressor and be backs up against the wall and continues to fire as i strafe around i keep it blazing then plop dead VS max it was funny i took em on by myself
Old 2003-07-07, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
HeadshotSY
Private

Sorry to burst your bubble reaper but that VS max either had no armor left or had an abnormally cruddy player at the controls . Also the VS maxes slaughter jackhammer users. I routinely take on 4-5 jackhammers at one time and come out on top losing only about 100-200 armor in the process. It's the NC phoenixes that are annoying because NC can fire them without worry of retaliation . You need at least 10 guys who know what they are doing with cyclers or gauss's to take on one Max and even then you can expect 50% losses.
Old 2003-07-07, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Deffinetly, no way a spawn fresh supressor packing dude could take out a MAX of any pursuasion, unless the MAX was AFK or hanging on by a thread.

Old 2003-07-07, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

alright he was damaged and the only reason i didnt switch to AP
is because no time and the dont do squat anyone else agree?
Old 2003-07-07, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I think they're worth it. Like anything else they shine at somethings and suck at others.

I love the mobility. Being able to jump to the top of a tower and be standing in the doorway when the enemy comes out on the balcony never gets old.

Jumping into a large tree or on top of the radar dish at a base with a Starfire let's you get just that extra ounce of range for bringing down aircraft. The secret to getting kills in the Starfire is surprise. Place yourself where they least expect you, fire all your shots into the air before locking onto the target and you'll see what I mean. For 2 cert points it's worth it.

The Quasar is my favorite. Fast firing rate with a good punch. I tend to fire it in bursts in order to keep the COF down. I like taking it into a stairway that the enemy is using to get up onto the walls and placing myself snug above the door. The enemy walks or runs right beneath you and you then open up on them from behind. They usually die before they see you hiding up there. The only draw back is you need to reload a lot and tend to run out of ammo in only a few minutes.

I'm still struggling with the Comet. It's best used inside where the splash damage helps out and the enemy has a hard time avoiding the balls of plasma. Outdoors it's worthless against vehicles unless they take pity on you and stop moving for a minute.
Old 2003-07-07, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Spider
General

Do not get them... sure we have the mobility... but where our ability is good (outside) we get killed in 2 seconds by locking on tr's or rogue pheonixes.

Sure jumping on a roof is fun... can make good kills too... but most of the time you'll be dead unlike the two other faction maxe's
Old 2003-07-07, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
HeadshotSY
Private

Spider any max is vulnerable outside. They are big and draw a lot of attention. They soak up damage and allow teammates to eliminate the threat. Furthermore, TR and NC maxes have to deal with the VS lancer which for its rate of fire is awesome against maxes, probably the best max killer in the game for a normal infantryman. The key to using a max is travelling in groups of 2 or more of them therefore keeping AV users from concentrating on you and planning your assault with a sniper or two to take out the Striker and Phoneix users. Phoneix users are lunchmeat for Bolt Drivers and Striker users are also at a disadvantage because they still have to guide the round. Last night on Emerald myself and another max user had a sniper support us and there was HUGE decrease in the number of Phoneixes pincushioning me as compared to not having a sniper. It all depends on how you use Maxes.

Jumping on the roof isn't usually a good idea. You become a magnet for strikers and phoneixes, reavers, and what not. A few meter difference in height isn't going to change anything so stay down. SOE might want to check out giving Maxes a few flares to ward off strikers and phoneixes.
Old 2003-07-07, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by HeadshotSY
Also the VS maxes slaughter jackhammer users. I routinely take on 4-5 jackhammers at one time and come out on top losing only about 100-200 armor in the process.
I'd like to see this.
Old 2003-07-07, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Spider
General

Yea... I always get raped by jackhammer hordes and so does Arakiel I guess :O:

(I dont like to admit it but ara does get owned lol)
Old 2003-07-07, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
HeadshotSY
Private

Are you sure you aren't being also pummeled with rocklets and phoenix's at the same time you are battling the JH users? Also this is outdoors where JH's aren't as effective I'm talking about. Indoors I know i'd get raped by 5 JH's no questions asked.
Old 2003-07-07, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Spider
General

Ever fought 5 jackhammer whores with surge and ap bullets that strafe around you? heck 1 or 2 of em do a shitload of dmg or kill me :O:
Old 2003-07-07, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by HeadshotSY
Are you sure you aren't being also pummeled with rocklets and phoenix's at the same time you are battling the JH users? Also this is outdoors where JH's aren't as effective I'm talking about. Indoors I know i'd get raped by 5 JH's no questions asked.
Assuming that you're in a field against 5 JH users that know what they're doing, they're going to swarm you. You will die.
Old 2003-07-08, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by gonnagetyou
The secret to getting kills in the Starfire is surprise.
ya know, you're exactly right. the secret to getting kills in the starfire is surprise. suprising the shit out of yourself by finding a pilot that sits perfectly still at near point blank range while you unload more than a clip into him.
Old 2003-07-08, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
MJBuddy
Master Sergeant

today at a tower i unloaded 3 clips into a VS max at close range...he still killed me

however, it was 1 on 1 and he was running up stairs, i may have missed a few shots due to the lag+running+jumping, etc
Old 2003-07-08, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Eliaas_Demens
First Sergeant

We VS may have our problems with game balance, but I have to say.. it's worth it watching four MAXs clear a wall and surround an enemy AMS.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion