Patch Version 2.6.2 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: hey man, you've spilled some Vanu on your shirt.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-12, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Bah. I hope its alright for when I go on a little later. I'm sure it will be.
Old 2004-04-12, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by flypengy
Madcow, I got to play with the patch some before it crashed, but the only terrible thing about infil is that surge is gone now (hurts them the most). But! After nearly a year of retail they have finally fixed the spawn "can see infil" bug.
From what little I saw from messing around on the test server the first time this patch was supposed to go through, and from what I've read checking the Dev tracker, it looks like visibility for all infil suits during crouch walking is about the level that NC was previously at. My initial understanding is that everybody was going to be brought down to VS levels. Visibility levels during actions (healing, hacking, etc.) also seem to have been brought up after the Devs stated that would not be happening after their initial confusing patch notes.
Again, I haven't checked since it's gone live so I have no true opinion of what's been done. I hope it's not exactly as it was on the test server though, or else all of the many bugs they've squashed will amount to nothing against the negatives that will be introduced. I'll try it tonight and form a true opinion...assuming it's working by then based on these posts.
Old 2004-04-12, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Hmm, I was able to log in, but as soon as I HART'ed into Forseral, the game froze on the loading screen. I alt+f4'ed, and then when I tried going back in, it was getting stuck on the "Connecting to World" screen.
Old 2004-04-12, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

I haven't gotten back "Connecting to World Server..." not even to character selection screen. Hopefully they pull something out of their day old easter baskets and fix it!
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-04-12, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Gryphon
It isn't like it is the first time a patch has had problems. People need to learn how to relax, it is just a game, spend the next 8 hours reading a book or mow the lawn or something.
Agreed. I logged in and it wasnt as bad as I thought even though there are still some connection problems. The patch itself is really nice.
Old 2004-04-12, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

The lag and packet loss are always high the first few days during "patch period" just wait a few days and your problems will most likely disappear.

~Tide
Old 2004-04-12, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

This patch is the best thing since they invented the latex condom

Old 2004-04-12, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Sony invented the latex condom?

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-04-12, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Ahh so thats why a latex condom broke on me and my gf the other night, sony... bound to be flawed

Edit. Sorry I had to get that cheap shot in for todays escapade lol

But I've got to give it to the dev's the patch in essence is really nice, they have done a great job, its a shame its been overshadowed by these problems. But nice one devs great patch on whole!

Last edited by PhoenixTypeX; 2004-04-12 at 06:15 PM.
Old 2004-04-12, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

:lockthread:
Old 2004-04-12, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

its not locked yet.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-04-12, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Enjoyed playing with the new patch. Logged in on my NC character. No more surgile MCGs!!!! My cloaker had a great time with sensor shield, no more threats of discovery!!!!!! Although, you are a bit more visible than before (the fade out factor). I don't really have a problem with it, it just makes cloakers work more stealthy and less in your face.

I experienced no lag/frame rate problems or connect problems once the patch was live. Biggest complaint is the new armor bar. If your opponent has Targeting, he can see both your remaining health and armor. That played a factor when I was playing tag in my max with a lone enemy troop. He just surged away, repaired, and returned, knowing that I was slowly dieing (he was using grenades). Eventually he got me. We talked a bit and he said that the new armor bar definetly helped him, since he could see the damage I was taking and knew that his hit and run tactics were working. Not a big complaint, guess I will have to adjust a bit and be more thoughtfull while in my max.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-04-13, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Knew it all along w00t! Yes there are people who play PS past 3 in the Morning
Every night!

And i still cant get on now. I can get to my character on markov and werner and start loading continent but then get you are leaving world msg. And i can get to a full bar when trying to load the server for emerald before the character screen. But thats it.

Der, my log on screen says version 1.52?? What is everyone esles at. Did the patch accidently set people patch back?

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-04-13 at 02:13 AM.
Old 2004-04-13, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

No thats because they have rolled back the patch in the second hotfix to work on the new patch. You are now playing "old" planetside again before the patch took place.

Last edited by PhoenixTypeX; 2004-04-13 at 04:29 AM. Reason: error
Old 2004-04-13, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
CorDharel
Corporal

So the patch is now not 2.6.2?

Damn I have to decide if I want to code, play PS or learn this evening
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion