PlanetSide 2 (A far flung possibility?) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't let the priest touch you on your way out
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-02-14, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
internetn
Sergeant Major

PlanetSide 2 (A far flung possibility?)

I would put my life on the line to say that there wont be a PlanetSide 2 in anything less then 2 years, if we even get another one. But if it did come, what do you think it would be like? Do you think it would off the same engine (heavly modified of course) or do you think they might use the one from EQ2? Just post here what you what you would like to see if it were to come...

Myself.. I would love to see a realistic physics engine, greater detail in enviroments (More brush, real forests... You know Oblivion style), make the weapons feel "powerful"... Like when I shoot my jackhammer it doesn't really give me the feeling of the other guy going, "Oh shit, this things gonna rip meh a second ass hole".. And a def. better base design, with a greater possability of feild battles

http://www.lastknights.com/index.php?action=register&ref_id=5639

Old 2005-02-14, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Hell x2? Les hop enot
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2005-02-14, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

I haven't even finished upgrading this computer to run this PS smoothly :'( I watched a 66th DD interview on gamespot and they ran so smooth.... I NEED THAT! I don't know that there will ever be a PS2, I'm not sure that the original is making enough money for SOE...
Old 2005-02-14, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
internetn
Sergeant Major

....I just want to know what you would like to see.. is that to hard to ask?

Old 2005-02-14, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

I think by the time Planetside 2 comes out (if it ever does) it will have a better engine then Everquest 2 (it may not be better then the EQ 4 engine but its better then nuthin )

My vision of PS 2 is as follows: Gameplay wise it will be the same but the graphics will be totaled overhauled, and hopefully (if there is a god) there will be new bases to be fighting for, and every base wouldn't be the "exact" same one (i.e. Hossin's Biolab would look different from Esmir's Biolab). Veraity is the spicy of life. Really all i want is for the graphics to be more polished and not that clunky.
Old 2005-02-14, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Phaden
Contributor
Major

I would like ot see laydown poses, BFR damage table applied to all vehichles, More deployables, perhaps in large scal such as a Fire base. Customizable Vehicle loadouts, Merits that include adv abilities, better command system, more options in base layouts, training areas.
Old 2005-02-14, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
juggalokilla
Sergeant

I want ragdoll physics and geomod destructible environments where the nanites quickly rebuild them, you know, boomer a hole in a base wall, lob grenades through the whole till it closes back up. Hitboxes. maxes that look like the ones on the planetside box. 500 players per empire allowed on each server. Urban areas. Naval warfare beyond deliverers and mags. x-ray implant that you can see trough one level of walls, jetpacks, original vanu race, jackable max armors, AT max armors, and meteor showers. thats good enough for me.
Old 2005-02-14, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
internetn
Sergeant Major

I deff want to see urban areas, that would be so awsome... but to make it seem better I would also say damage zones (not sure if that the right termonaolgy)... Like if you get hit in the head, it should be most of the time a instant KO.. other times it would drain JUST your armor... maybe a nice blurr vision to go with recieving a bullet that just glances off your helmet

Old 2005-02-15, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Hitboxes would be a must, destuctable enviornments, Actual towns (Not with residents in them, but as a substitute to towers, a fortified tiny outpost if you will) and more incentive to "Win the war"

= Crack addict
Old 2005-02-15, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I don't see why it's a far flung possibility. I think a lot of people would like to se a leaner, meaner version of PlanetSide in the future
Old 2005-02-15, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ridetehlightnin
Staff Sergeant

Less screwed physics, new conts/weps/vehs/empires/bases/towers, head-shot kills with snipers, better graphics, better command system, outfit-owned barracks, the ability to change in game music to your own without having to go to so much bother, redesigned galaxy, something different about the br/cr system, and as drsomewhere said more incentive to "Win the war"
Old 2005-02-15, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Lartnev
I don't see why it's a far flung possibility. I think a lot of people would like to se a leaner, meaner version of PlanetSide in the future
Planetside doesn't have "a lot" of subscribers. There really isn't much to justify a sequel at this point. Maybe if Planetside really takes off in the future, but so long as we're on only two servers you can rule out the possibility of SOE developing an entirely new title to follow up what's financially a very mediocre game.
Old 2005-02-15, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I don't know, PlanetSide has shown that there is promise in MMOFPS games, baby's first steps as it were. Perhaps in the future with more people on faster connections and even faster computers a PlanetSide 2 could be embraced by many more players than PlanetSide does now.
Old 2005-02-15, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
jedi
Staff Sergeant

The ability for CEs to blow bridges, have a little bunker where a CE/Eng can repair the bridge but Eng will repair it a lot slower. An bolt driver round that is designed for armor penetration. Overhaul on the graphics and physics engine. A better sound engine. More unique facilities and more empire specific vehicles. More empire specific weapons (sniping for example).
Old 2005-02-15, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
internetn
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Warborn
Planetside doesn't have "a lot" of subscribers. There really isn't much to justify a sequel at this point. Maybe if Planetside really takes off in the future, but so long as we're on only two servers you can rule out the possibility of SOE developing an entirely new title to follow up what's financially a very mediocre game.
Yes Warborn, but can't one hope? I've done my small part (and am still trying) bringing about 5 people into the game... So if say 1000 people that play this game could bring 5 people each that would give us 5000 new subscribers

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion