Medic Insignia - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only place you have a life.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-27, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SuperGlue
Corporal

Medic Insignia

Just wondering if medics...say with the advanced medical cert...have any kind of medic insignia like real soldiers do. Like a white armband with a red cross on it. Or white helmets with a red cross. I think this would be very cool and would add a little flare to the game.
Old 2003-04-27, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Masurao
Corporal

I don't think they do...but that sounds like a good idea
Old 2003-04-27, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
michaelsuave
Sergeant

yeah, that would be great, because with the arm bands as well as with the bright yellow nc commanders us snipers now have better targets. believe me, this isn't like the national red cross where the medics are supposed to be off limits. If i saw a medic, i would take him out first because then i would be certain to have a better ability to take out the other woundeds in his squad or outfit. so from a personal point of view, I would LOVE a medic badge to be posted on advanced medics if not just normal medics.
Old 2003-04-27, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Masurao
Corporal

lol
Old 2003-04-27, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SuperGlue
Corporal

hahaha i would too. But with the brightly colored uniforms i dont think it would make too much of a diff.
And I'm sure there are a few kind souls out there lol
Old 2003-04-27, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ubernator
Corporal

*reminds self to keep head down if this is implemented*
Old 2003-04-27, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

While we're at it, why don't we get a polygonal attachment for engineers and hackers? Engineers get big metal wrenches on the front of their face. hackers get glowing binary on their chest thats visible even on stealth suits!

no, really. the reason is that all the armors for all the empires stick out fairly equally much. when you look down the field, you see a whole lot of guys in red and black armor. you can't tell which one to kill to give you an advantage. polygonal attachments would only make it difficult if not impossible to get any Noncombat style classes into the field. medics and hackers et blasted as soon as they step out of the APC. engineers get capped before they set up a single turret. hence, the value of the support classes is lost, as they'd have a big 'shoot me first!' symbol on their arm, head, or chest.
Old 2003-04-27, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Angelos
First Sergeant

Sando-

Your logic is flawed. Flawed in that commanders already have changed armor, and it's already been said that NC commanders are big yellow targets. Guess what? That's life. There is insignia's on our people in war right now, they don't seem to think what you say will happen, and usually things go smoothly because their people know where they need to be and what to do not to die.

I for one think the idea is GREAT. Someone should go post this in the beta forums.
Old 2003-04-27, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

you missed my point. what i was trying to say is that a medic symbol would make everyone with the little red cross a big target. take out the medic and you remove the healing ability of the squad, excluding medkits. what happens if the person had decided not to bring a med-applicator? they'd still have the badge on the possibility that he'd find a med applicator and use it. still having the badge makes him even more vulnerable than usual, since he can't heal himself effectively. so people with the medic cert would get annoyed with their state as a priority target and unlearn the cert. thus, no more medics.

i'm too tired to debate, so if my logic is flawed, look on it as an attempt at cynical debate.
Old 2003-04-27, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Angelos
First Sergeant

No sando. Take out the spawn point and choke off their ability to fight back. I would never go for a medic. I'm going for the guy that is actually a threat. BTW, I use a plasma nade launcher. If I hit the guy he's healing, I hit him too. That's my answer to swarms of unsuspecting spawning NC's. I'm like a bear to spawning samon. ph34r
Old 2003-04-27, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SuperGlue
Corporal

OK. well maybe the big white helmet with a huge red cross is a bad idea lol

But maybe just a small arm band?? on left arm.....
I wouldnt mind gaining a little attention. That would make medics special...no one could just show up and be a medic, they would have to be skilled at "matrix" style dodging of bullets lol

Hmmm just had another idea.
Maybe they could make it where if you were a medic and were not carrying any weapons cept maybe a knife that if you killed the medic with the huge DONT SHOOT ME SYMBOL (i.e. White helmet with large red cross) then you would get grief points or somethin.
Just wishful thinking But maybe further on down the road
Old 2003-04-27, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SuperGlue
Corporal

oh and could someone maybe bring this up in the beta forums
Old 2003-04-27, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Angelos
First Sergeant

I'll go post your wish real quick.
Old 2003-04-27, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SuperGlue
Corporal

WOOHOO
thnx Angelo

Old 2003-04-27, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Angelos
First Sergeant

Forums are freakin bugged, I can't bump it back up from 2nd page... yeah, it's that hot tonight in the forums...

Someone show some support?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion