SOE balancing TR MAXs! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: That's one spicy meatball!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-05, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MuadDib
Staff Sergeant

SOE balancing TR MAXs!

Look here

YES YES YES YES!
Old 2003-06-05, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
PR24
Major

And the whiners win again

Well at least they did this during the trial period so I can cancel my subscription, oh wait I already did
Old 2003-06-05, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NightWalker XI
Colonel

Good thing I never used a MAX or else I'd be pissed, also TR MAX's ain't all that, I took out an anchored MAX with ym Phoenix today, people always complayin instead of using their great weapon, Phoenix from behind wall/tree = dead MAX Lancer from far away = dead MAX
Old 2003-06-05, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
beavis88
Sergeant

So what's the NC/VS excuse-of-the-month going to be after the MAXes get nerfed?
Old 2003-06-05, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Plato
Sergeant

Damn it. I only just started experimenting with the TR max units. I suppose we cannot say too much right now until we play with the post nerf versions..
Old 2003-06-05, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

I like this qoute from a TR guy:

"I'm TR and I support this decision. I generally have been anti-nerf, but being in the pounder near an enemy AMS, it just feels wrong to kill 20 people so fast."

I also wish that instead of a nerf that they brought the other weapons up to par. As long as this doesn't start a huge nerf fest, I'll be happy.
Old 2003-06-05, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Chanfan
Staff Sergeant

Eh. I play TR MAX's, and they may well be correct in doing this. They tend to rock indoors, and from the sound of it, the adjustment won't be very large.

On the other hand, it's a rare day when I can kill a vehicle with my AV (dual cycler) MAX - perhaps it just because I'm shooting at tanks most often, but still� seems better at anti-inf than at Anti-MAX or tank.
Old 2003-06-05, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Endodroid
Private

Here we go again, they should just increase the other maxes a little bit if things are out of wack.

I didn't think you could get that many people to give up their TR character, and the nerf isn't even in place yet.
Old 2003-06-05, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ouroboros
Contributor
Major

Whoa, are you quitting PS PR24? Or just taking a break from it?
Old 2003-06-05, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
FearTheAtlas
First Lieutenant

Oi, now I'm pissed. I'm a Heavy Weapons (MAX included), they where fine! Gosh darnit, whiners win yet again.
Old 2003-06-05, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
PR24
Major

This is a sad day for PS. People cry and they nurf the max, thank to everyone for making PS a steaming pile of shit. If you keep whining maybe they will remove the TR empire all together
Old 2003-06-05, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Ouroboros
Whoa, are you quitting PS PR24? Or just taking a break from it?
It really depends on how PS is in it's current state by the 19th of June. Lag is a big issue but now they are nurfing any power the TR have so I am not sure if I feel like dealing and listening to the whiners daily.
Old 2003-06-05, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
MilitantB0B
Colonel

I agree that the TR MAXs where better then the other MAXs by a little bit, but in my opinion, they where what every other MAX should be like, something to be feared! They shoulda just boosted the VS and NC MAXs alittle.

Pretty soon we will all be fighting with sticks and turnips... no wait... Turnips would probably be overpowered.
Old 2003-06-05, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Plato
Sergeant

--- Sporkfire in the official forums

I just wanted to let you know that MAX issues are being addressed. After watching the data on the DC and Pounder over the past few weeks, we've come to the point of view that they are, in fact, somewhat overpowered in certain situations compared to their counterpart MAXes. They are both going to be reduced slightly to bring them back to the original design vision.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little more information. The change is happening, but don't expect it before the weekend. I just wanted to give you the heads up on the topic.

Also, every developer for any MMOG knows that reducing the damage on something will incite a few people to cry nerf. When we reduce damage, we do our best to keep the weapon in question competitive and effective.

We only try to bring it into balance with the effectiveness of its counterpart in other empires. The TR MAXes will still be righteous damage machines, but they will be more in line with the other Empires'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact that we reduced something this time around should not be interpreted to mean we will never beef anything up. It's just the direction that this issue needed to go.
Old 2003-06-05, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
NightWalker XI
Colonel

I'll tell you what the problem is:

VS person: Our weapons are fucking shit, nerf the TR weapons, theya re like so overpowered

Same VS person only a few hours later (this actually happened): Stop complainign VS guys, our weaposn are good, we just need skill to use them instead of runnign around shooting our guns everywhere

---

NC person: OMG the Striker PWNS the Phoenix, you guys need to nerf their Stryker

Me: You fucking moron, each empire has its own advantage and disadvantage, you can fire a Phoneix behind a tree or wall and guide it to your target, its an awesome weapon

NC person: YUou can do that?

Do you guys see the pattern?
There are also some TR whinners but this is what the official forums are littered with, no wonder they are nerfing the TR MAX, all that is on the PS OF's is whinning and flaming.

Bunch of childish bastards
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion