Israel - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: With great power...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

 
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-07-11, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
therandomone
Sergeant
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I think Israel's pretty awesome. It's an island of modern society sitting in a sea of culture that is about 600 years behind the rest of the world.
Of the five most populous Muslim-majority nations, four of them have elected female heads of state.
In fact, 45 percent of American Muslims in one poll said they see evolution as "the best explanation for the origin of human life on Earth," which isn't so shabby, considering only 24 percent of evangelical Christians believed the same. The percentage of Muslims embracing the scientific explanation for the origin of life was about the same as Americans as a whole (48 percent).
And historically, they have a hell of a track record. Science and math as we know it wouldn't even exist without Islam. The Islamic Golden Age caused a revolution in virtually every field of human thought, during which they fucking invented algebra -- and advanced everything from geography and exploration to the arts, architecture, philosophy, urban development, medicine and health.

The Muslims actually came pretty damn close to sharing all this brilliance with the truly ass-backward kingdoms of Christian Europe, since the Islamic caliphates blanketed every country they conquered with schools, libraries, public works and the most comprehensive system of social welfare on the planet. In fact, the case has been made that if the caliphates succeeded in conquering all of Europe an Italian Renaissance would have been unnecessary.

And the Muslims are the ones stuck in the past? Try again.

Granted, I'm a fan of Israel. More specifically, I'm a huge fan of krav maga probably the most awesome hand-to-hand combat. And for that, Israel has my support.
__________________
Lower your voice and strengthen your argument -Unknown

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ- Ghandi

It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.- Sun Tzu
therandomone is offline  
Old 2012-07-11, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant
 
ItsTheSheppy's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post




Dammit Neuro, you weren't supposed to totally deliver, immediately, pictures of the thing you were talking about. What do you think this is?

Besides, those are clearly shopped. I looked at all the pixels.
__________________
Guru
ItsTheSheppy is offline  
Old 2012-07-11, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
GODMOLLY
Private
 
GODMOLLY's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Just wanted to say I support Israel with everything and always have. They are America's close ally and we will be side by side in an attack if Iran does not comply with everything going on.

PS. I love Iran on how they say they would demolish the US Navy, which right there makes them seem weak. After the loss of the RQ-170 and saying that they brought it down by "hacking" it basically makes them look like complete fools, how drones and GPS works they can't "Hack" it the way they claim.
__________________
TEAM GOD

-the second coming-
GODMOLLY is offline  
Old 2012-07-11, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Vreki
Corporal
 
Vreki's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


You will also notice that none of their arabic brothers care for the palestinians. They are either considered troublemakers or tools.
Vreki is offline  
Old 2012-07-12, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
MightyMan
Corporal
 
MightyMan's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I'm not going to get into this with you. You have made up your mind, that is clear to me, and I know there isn't any source I could name which voices criticism of Israel that you'd accept.

But you wanted it, so here you go. The conservatives in Western nations in general think it's okay for Israel to kill and abuse as many Palestinians as they want. The people who aren't conservatives generally think Palestinians are also people and therefore murdering them or violating their human rights is "a bad thing". So there you go. That's it in a nutshell. Same as everything else, there's a certain segment of our populations which are 100% ideology, and will support Israel unequivocally, primarily because they hate Muslims.
THIS IS A DEBATE, I am supposed to counter your arguments, and you are supposed to counter mine. Being offended by what I say or whatever, is just stupid. The debate goes on until, one proves that the other is wrong, and it is not personal, that is all.
Anyway, back to the debate:
"Israel to kill and abuse as many Palestinians as they want":
As I have already said. It is not true. You DO NOT know what happens here each time a Palestinian is ACTUALLY dies because of the IDF. Shitstorms everywhere in the local media and lots of Israeli people protesting and stupid things like that. OK. Saying that Israel murders Palestinians or abuses them is absurd. The Palestinians who live in what you would call "legal" Israeli territories are given full israeli citizenship, full rights and have representatives in the government. Those that live in "illegal" territories, are under their own rule. Israel, NEVER attacks Palestinians UNLESS they have weapons on their hands, or bombs attached to them.
They are not abused. in any way. At all. They are under their own rule, and Israel just can't abuse them in any way because of that. It is like if you said the the USA does not give citizenship and rights to people who live in France.
It just makes no sense.

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
Wow, this fascist has so much pro-Zionist rhetoric that it is hard to address it all.

Why is your avatar a hammer, star, and sickle, anyhow? You are no Jewish communist.

Tell ya what: Go to Jerusalem, see the single-file cages Palestinians are corralled into to get through to Jerusalem, IF they are let through. You won't have the same treatment, you can freely enter Jerusalem. Then keep going, all the way into Palestinian territory. Whip out a camera, take a nice picture of an IDF poster, make sure a soldier sees you. Tell us the results, what you see, how you were treated, etc. If you are shot dead, make sure a relative can come back and post your obituary for us.
"Why is your avatar a hammer, star, and sickle, anyhow? You are no Jewish communist. "
1. This is an avatar, and it nothing with me being Jewish, but with my other internet nickname- the mighty comrade.
2. You're no gorilla in a space suit. Yeh you can see how stupid this argument is -_-.

The other things you said- it is so idiotic, I can't even believe people still believe in that.
SO- you see, Palestinians, yes yes, they are given full rights, FULL CITIZEN RIGHTS, they can go to any place in Israel, without any kind of restriction, soldiers NEVER shoot peaceful Palestinians, and those are allowed freely into both Jewish religious places, and Islamic. Unlike you may think, there is full religious freedom in Israel. Oh and yes I know that from personal experience. My cousin was there, went through PALESTINIAN territories and INTO Jerusalem, she took photos of many things, some of them in front of soldiers, and was not shot even one time. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Got pics of those Jerusalem "cages"?
I have, you know look to your side and you might just see some AIR. Worst cage evar.
MightyMan is offline  
Old 2012-07-12, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Figment
Lieutenant General
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by MightyMan View Post
I have, you know look to your side and you might just see some AIR. Worst cage evar.
Seen those pics above too?
Figment is offline  
Old 2012-07-12, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
MightyMan
Corporal
 
MightyMan's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post




Oh you mean those cages. Which are basically waiting lines, just like the ones in which you stand when you want to get to the vendor in the shop.
You see, those are borders between two autonomic territories- Israel and the Palestinian national authority. You know, just like between the USA and Mexico, or just any damn country. Israeli citizens go through the same when they want to get to the Palestinian territory.
Those waiting lines exist only to check if those who cross the borders have illegal shipment on them (AKA guns bombs things like that. You can not blame Israel for doing this, and it is the same thing USA does on her borders).
MightyMan is offline  
Old 2012-07-12, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Figment
Lieutenant General
 
Re: Israel


So Canadians are corralled into the USA through tight cages?


Indeed.

Figment is offline  
Old 2012-07-12, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
MightyMan
Corporal
 
MightyMan's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by therandomone View Post
Of the five most populous Muslim-majority nations, four of them have elected female heads of state.
In fact, 45 percent of American Muslims in one poll said they see evolution as "the best explanation for the origin of human life on Earth," which isn't so shabby, considering only 24 percent of evangelical Christians believed the same. The percentage of Muslims embracing the scientific explanation for the origin of life was about the same as Americans as a whole (48 percent).
And historically, they have a hell of a track record. Science and math as we know it wouldn't even exist without Islam. The Islamic Golden Age caused a revolution in virtually every field of human thought, during which they fucking invented algebra -- and advanced everything from geography and exploration to the arts, architecture, philosophy, urban development, medicine and health.

The Muslims actually came pretty damn close to sharing all this brilliance with the truly ass-backward kingdoms of Christian Europe, since the Islamic caliphates blanketed every country they conquered with schools, libraries, public works and the most comprehensive system of social welfare on the planet. In fact, the case has been made that if the caliphates succeeded in conquering all of Europe an Italian Renaissance would have been unnecessary.

And the Muslims are the ones stuck in the past? Try again.

Granted, I'm a fan of Israel. More specifically, I'm a huge fan of krav maga probably the most awesome hand-to-hand combat. And for that, Israel has my support.
I think he means that there are many Muslim countries that are years behind the rest of the world as in their treatment to the rest of the world.
Basically, countries like Iran still tell their people that Islam is the prime religion, and that all those who are not Islamic are sinners. The same thing happened 600 years ago in the wars between the Islamic tribes and everyone else who was not Islamic by the way.
I agree, most of the Islamic countries are indeed in the same level of technological progress as western countries.
And yes, krav maga is indeed awesome.

Originally Posted by GODMOLLY View Post
Just wanted to say I support Israel with everything and always have. They are America's close ally and we will be side by side in an attack if Iran does not comply with everything going on.

PS. I love Iran on how they say they would demolish the US Navy, which right there makes them seem weak. After the loss of the RQ-170 and saying that they brought it down by "hacking" it basically makes them look like complete fools, how drones and GPS works they can't "Hack" it the way they claim.
Yep, most of the people consider Israel to be the 51st state of USA.
Now the problem is that, considering Israel is in the size of new jersey, you can imagine what a nuclear bomb will do to us. Basically we will be trapped here with no way to escape, and those that do not die from the explosion (1.5 KM radius) will die from the fallout, which will stretch all over Israel.
That is basically why we are so afraid of Iran acquiring a nuclear bomb.
Now from what I know, the military technology of Iran in any aspect other then rockets, is close to boy scouts technology, which is mostly slingshots and cardboard boxes (AKA their military tech is very old, and cannot compete with any kind of western military technology). What they do have is a GIGANTIC number of soldiers, and the worst part, is that they are suicidal.
They have a whole legion designed for the purpose of running into mine fields, and clearing the mines with their own bodies. Yes, it is pretty insane.
And yes, claiming that they can hack something which belongs to the USA is stupid of them.

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
So Canadians are corralled into the USA through tight cages?


Indeed.

What I meant is that those cages are non-existent, so the only other option is NOTHING AT ALL.
I also like the picture, it has two things I like the most- top hats and crabs.
Indeed.
MightyMan is offline  
Old 2012-07-12, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Vreki
Corporal
 
Vreki's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Figment View Post
So Canadians are corralled into the USA through tight cages?
They will be if they try to enter the USA from Mexico:



Also bear in mind that they USA simply can not have as tight cages, since a large portion of their own citizens would be unable to squeeze through.
Vreki is offline  
Old 2012-07-12, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Necronile
Sergeant
 
Re: Israel


MightMan
You basicly explained what I wanted to explain to people here in a different thread a while ago,but I couldn't due problems with my english.
Kol Hakavod
__________________
Necronile is offline  
Old 2012-07-12, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by MightyMan View Post
THIS IS A DEBATE, I am supposed to counter your arguments, and you are supposed to counter mine. Being offended by what I say or whatever, is just stupid. The debate goes on until, one proves that the other is wrong, and it is not personal, that is all.
Except it isn't debate, I'm not offended, and you didn't counter anything. I presented some facts and you hand-waved it away as the media hating Israel and the UN being pro-Palestine and hating Israel so everyone is lying/skewing the truth. That isn't a debate. There is nothing I could say against Israel that you would accept as valid criticism.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-07-12 at 11:08 AM.
Warborn is offline  
Old 2012-07-12, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
MightyMan
Corporal
 
MightyMan's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Except it isn't debate, I'm not offended, and you didn't counter anything. I presented some facts and you hand-waved it away as the media hating Israel and the UN being pro-Palestine and hating Israel so everyone is lying/skewing the truth. That isn't a debate. There is nothing I could say against Israel that you would accept as valid criticism.
So: 1. look at the name of the sub-forum: "Political Debate Forum".
DEBATE
2. You see; The key word in valid criticism is valid.
Your criticism is not valid. WHY? Well, because it is criticizing false facts and not based.
See, each and every one of your arguments I have countered with FACTS.
What I said about media, is, that you think Israel is a big poopy villain because of the media. But I countered the poopiness with facts and logic.
Considering you have ignored both of them, real facts, those that you cannot possibly pull out of your ass, I would guess you did not read my replies well, or just skipped them entirely.
"UN being pro-Palestine and hating Israel" I'l admit it was wrong of me to say that, but I still backed it up with YET AGAIN facts.
Please come back when you decide to behave maturely.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Necronile View Post
MightMan
You basicly explained what I wanted to explain to people here in a different thread a while ago,but I couldn't due problems with my english.
Kol Hakavod
I am surprised to see that I am not the only Israeli human on the internet
Nehmad lirot she gam ata komunist

Last edited by MightyMan; 2012-07-12 at 11:55 AM.
MightyMan is offline  
Old 2012-07-12, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Warborn is offline  
Old 2012-07-12, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
MightyMan
Corporal
 
MightyMan's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I give up. Fuck it.
You won the debate, now please don't post anything on this thread ever again, thanks! ya douche-poop


I will not have access to internet for the next 3 weeks (I am dead serious), so I will not be able to reply this thread. I will necro bump this thread after I have my Internets, and we will all have fun again!
MightyMan is offline  
 
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Bookmarks

Tags
israel, palestine

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.