Game Of Thrones Season 2 [Spoilers] - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ever hear of a Mac Gamer? Neither have we.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-02, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 2

Originally Posted by Ruwyn View Post
Feast for Crows is book 4 and Dance with Dragons is book 5. You are forgetting A Storm of Swords, which is book 3.

So season 4 and 5 may be mixed to show it chronologically concurrent.
No matter how they do it, you're almost certain to have seasons 4 / 5 completed before the next damn book is done. *fist shake*
Old 2012-04-02, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I think having the show going ahead at full speed will make him write faster. He took two years to write Storm and Clash, each, so clearly he's capable of producing some great work without taking forever.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-02, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

We'll see, I love the books and I hate rushing artists... BUT, as a fan I was definitely harshed at how long the process for A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons took.
Old 2012-04-02, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
We'll see, I love the books and I hate rushing artists... BUT, as a fan I was definitely harshed at how long the process for A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons took.
Have to agree there. I read the first three when I was still on the Enterprise, ffs, which was forever ago.

Hopefully the series with HBO lights a fire under his ass.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Have to agree there. I read the first three when I was still on the Enterprise, ffs, which was forever ago.

Hopefully the series with HBO lights a fire under his ass.
If he's not careful, he'll be writing them on set with Peter Dinklage kicking his shins to get a move on. (assuming he hasn't been killed off - i'm still on A Feast For Crows)

Want to browse through hundreds of PlanetSide 2 images?
Or just see what Higby eats for lunch?
Then click here
Old 2012-04-02, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
deltase
Corporal

Interesting i've never seen this before. I might give it a look after the lectures.
I know this is not proper place but...
Do you guy enjoy sci-fi books? And if you do could you tell me what you find interesting about them and what makes you excited?
I'm writing a sci-fi, so your opinions would help me write better book. And sorry i know this is not the place for this questions!
Old 2012-04-02, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
No matter how they do it, you're almost certain to have seasons 4 / 5 completed before the next damn book is done. *fist shake*
Im fairly sure the plan is to split Storm into two seasons of 10 episodes each. Which is a good idea given the length, though they may have to mess with the timeline a bit in order to make season 3 more compelling. Then combine Feast and Dance time-lines for seasons 5 and 6. At one season per year, this would put seasons six in 2016. I can see Winds of Winter being done. A Dream of Spring by 2016/7 (for production)... not so much.
Old 2012-04-03, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
And Dany loved it. She was all about it. She showed a tiny bit of mercy for Mirri Maz Duur, the maegi in the first season, but she still strolled casually down the road of the maegi's town with women being raped around her, men having their heads chopped off and thrown in a pile, and people being herded away to be sold as slaves. And she was eager to visit this upon Westeros, too.
She showed mercy to several people not just MMD. She claimed several women hers, most of which either fled or were raped and killed when Drogo died. She wasnt raped on her wedding night (like the show implies). War is war, rape and slaves are a part of that in Essos.

BTW, is there a spoilers tag?
Old 2012-04-03, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Hamma
PSU Admin

There is not. I suppose I could create one.. never had a need for it.

I have tagged the thread for now.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-04-03, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 2 [Spoilers]

First episode was so-so in my opinion, it definitely was not a huge eye catcher like the first episode of season 1. But I know exactly what lays ahead, and I cannot wait for it.

Originally Posted by UrielVS
Looking from the outside in. The game does not represent Planetside. With original concepts that players across the board accepted with open arms; have been taken out. Developers are creating the next COD on a massive scale. Generic players who never saw or even felt the uniqueness of the game, will only continue to nod their heads with blinding satisfaction, not realizing what basic functionality the game will lose in the process.
Old 2012-04-03, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by TheSHiFT View Post
She showed mercy to several people not just MMD. She claimed several women hers, most of which either fled or were raped and killed when Drogo died. She wasnt raped on her wedding night (like the show implies). War is war, rape and slaves are a part of that in Essos.

BTW, is there a spoilers tag?
She stopped some of the Dothraki from raping some of the women. They were still enslaved.

Any person who gleefully looks forward to their child being the stallion who mounts the world, meaning rapes and burns and pillages and tramples cities into dust, is a crazy person. Dany's upbringing was crazy though, and it did indeed warp her into the creature which so easily embraced the Dothraki culture of killing and destroying everything it encounters, but that doesn't excuse her from being a crazy bitch initially.

Now, of course, that changes, and eventually she becomes a very solid character who does good deeds, but initially, I despised her.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

I never got that impression. She starts the series as an insecure, sheltered, 13 y/o girl who wants to go to a home she has never been. When confronted with the rapes ect. such as the razing of the Lamb-men village, she is disgusted by what she sees. She has to be told that it is the Dothroki way. I wounldnt call her a crazy bitch, but an ignorant child.
Old 2012-04-03, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

Spoilers for episode 12!
It is out there if you look

What I liked:
Every Tyrion scene. Especially Varys and Slynt.
Arya's scenes. Though she doesnt much look like a boy.
Theon's scenes. Balon had great casting.

Dany's scene. Changed from the book, Rahkaro hasn't died yet. This will probably mean Doraeh lives.

Nightswatch scenes. The last one was different from the book, good to see an Other get some minor screen time. Great way to end the episode.

Meh:
Ghost's CGI.
Davos and Saan.

Disliked:
Stannis and Mel fucking on the painted table. Seemed so out of character for Stannis.
Littlefinger and Ros. Not as bad as their season one scene though.
Mathos

Old 2012-04-03, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by TheSHiFT View Post
I never got that impression. She starts the series as an insecure, sheltered, 13 y/o girl who wants to go to a home she has never been. When confronted with the rapes ect. such as the razing of the Lamb-men village, she is disgusted by what she sees. She has to be told that it is the Dothroki way. I wounldnt call her a crazy bitch, but an ignorant child.
I always interpreted it as something like Stockholm syndrome compounded by how abusive her life had been up to that point.
Old 2012-04-03, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Good episode. I thought the CGI stuff looked fine, myself. Stannis is like Detective Van Alden from Boardwalk Empire. Him betraying his wife by nailing Melisandre in a singular moment of cutting loose and letting his emotions break through his fanaticism is fine. Actually, a pretty common trope.

And I always loved House Greyjoy/the ironmen in general. Their portrayal in the show is off to a great start.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-04-03 at 06:20 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge