Keyboard/Mouse don't work in game - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We found Waldo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-11-21, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MardukRising
Private

Keyboard/Mouse don't work in game

I've checked google, steam forums, and this forum, and as far as I can tell, no one else has had this issue. When I first start the game, and navigate through a few menus, everything is fine. And once I get into the game, and actually spawn - nothing. My keyboard and mouse do not respond to the controls in the game. I can not move, look around, open any menus. I can alt tab, and close the game. At one point, I died, and I could navigate in the menus again - but only then.

I really want to play this game, and enjoy it. I and a few friends downloaded it, and intended to play it together. They, so far, can all play it fine.

What is wrong? Any ideas?

I'm on Windows XP, if that helps at all.

Edit: Correction, my mouse works - I can use it to click things in the chat and stuff, but the keyboard does not work at all, other than typing messages.

Last edited by MardukRising; 2012-11-21 at 06:02 PM.
Old 2012-11-22, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Re: Keyboard/Mouse don't work in game

If you hit ALT (I think) during the game you can end up with the cursor visible on the screen, and the mouse will then move the cursor rather than steer you around.

It might be that that's what's happened? It's happened to me a few times, hitting ESC to call up the menus then ESC again to go back to the game fixes it for me.
Old 2012-11-22, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
MardukRising
Private

I appreciate the reply, but yeah, that does not work for me, unfortunately. When I use the mouse in game, all I have is a cursor - that's it. I can't use the mouse to turn or anything. And nothing from the keyboard works, except for during typing, for some reason.

Thank you, though.
Old 2012-11-22, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Crator
Major General

Odd. And pressing ALT key doesn't help?
Old 2012-11-22, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MardukRising
Private

Correct. Nothing on the keyboard works, not the alt key, or anything.
In game, all I can use the keyboard for is using it to get out of the game (via alt tab), and typing into the chat box, by clicking on the chat box with the mouse. If the chat box disappears because I haven't said anything or used it in a while, there is nothing I can do to get it to show back up, aside from waiting for someone to say something in the chat.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-11-22, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

That sounds like there might be another program interfering with it somehow. Are you running any other programs? Are you using just the SOE launcher or running through Steam?

[Sent from the outskirts of the Oort cloud]
Old 2012-11-22, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MardukRising
Private

Yeah, I don't know. It's a weird problem. Other programs are running, yes. Xfire, Skype, probably a few other things. I am running the game through Steam.

Edit: Ran the game via the executable in the folder, without Steam running - still didn't work.

Last edited by MardukRising; 2012-11-22 at 04:07 PM.
Old 2012-11-22, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Logitech keyboard/mouse?

I've had problems with setpoint doing stoopid things. It's only ever affected the mouse, thought, not the keyboard.
Old 2012-11-22, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
MardukRising
Private

The mouse is Logitech, yes. The keyboard however seems to be HP. Setpoint?
Old 2012-11-23, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
MardukRising
Private

Update! I got it working. I figured out what it was. I know some games have problems with overlays, things like the Steam overlay, and Xfire in-game overlay, so I ran the game by itself, not on Steam, and turned off Xfires in-game overlay, and everything works! Glorious. Thank you for your help.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions