Gameplay: Suggestion - PS1 Outfit Point to Station Cash - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Yes... this is the upper right corner.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.33 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-07-05, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Lightbulb Suggestion - PS1 Outfit Point to Station Cash

I've brought up this point with my fellow colleagues in the Dragonwolves, though I'm assuming none of the original data in the first PlanetSide will mean anything in PS2.

However, would you consider converting Outfit Points per player into Station Cash, for those of us belonging to outfits? This means that even if players cannot afford to purchase it from the SOE Online Store, they still have some available for a few customisations if they were part of an outfit during their game time.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2012-07-05 at 07:41 PM.
Old 2012-07-05, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Crator
Major General

Re: Suggestion - PS1 Outfit Point to Station Cash

I've heard of the idea of giving all players access to create outfits but restricting them from getting certain things that a paid for outfit gets. I'm not opposed to that idea. I can tell you that most other F2P SOE games do require a paid subscription account to create an outfit, but F2P accounts can join the outfit.

I really cannot comment much on your idea about converting outfits points into SC. Only because I know next to nothing of what outfits points will be able to be used for in PS2.

The only thing outfit points gave you in PS1 was pride.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Yeahhhh no. The game is already free to play, you have to pay at some point if you wanna support the game!

But I understand where you are coming from.
Old 2012-07-06, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Unless the conversion is something like 25000 to 1, I can't see this as a good idea.
Old 2012-07-06, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Oh please. Stop suggesting to give "old PS1 players" extra handouts.

And I say this as one of those who would benefit the most from something like that.

Also, "can't afford it", gimme a break. If you don't want to spend much money on PS2, then you don't have to - and just compare what even a short-time subscription to PS1 used to cost you. And if customization X is what you really crave for, well then shell out the 1.20 $ or whatever small amount it'll cost you.

Last edited by MCYRook; 2012-07-06 at 08:50 AM.
Old 2012-07-06, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
Where did this happen? Am I blind?
Old 2012-07-06, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

They're bitching because since you need to have been in a PS1-outfit to earn OPs, you can't earn them unless you were; hence, it's a handout in their mind.

In mine, most people who joined outfits to play PlanetSide to earn OPs were not handouts, but rather an opportunity to support the team you were with. Given that PS2 is a complete remake of the original, however, even accounts are being reset, so it seems like a waste to redo thousands of OPs unless players who supported an outfit (even if it no longer exists) to not get something back on an F2P MMO, when the previous one required a paid subscription. It's not like SOE are reimbursing money or anything.

If people a really angry about it though, I suppose you could always enable the extra Station Cash to be provided only if they are purchasing some, or have already in the last year for PlanetSide 2's upcoming release. The conversion would also be 0.5 SCs for every Outfit Point earned.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2012-07-06 at 11:47 AM.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post
The conversion would also be 0.5 SCs for every Outfit Point earned.
Yeah, because SOE is going to hand out millions of dollars worth of SC to players for playing PS1 for awhile.
Old 2012-07-06, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Just provide it as Auraxium. Don't base it on OP though, not everyone was in an outfit, not everyone stayed in the same outfit.

1/1000th total experience earned across the entire PS1 account, BEP and CEP, granted to the first character made on PS2, would be better by far.
Old 2012-07-08, 05:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ZaBa
Corporal

Old 2012-07-08, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
Where did this happen? Am I blind?
Hell yeah has this happened. PS1 vets have been asking for
  • first pick for character and outfit names - this I find understandable, as it pertains to "keeping your identy" from PS1 on to PS2
  • getting the old CR5 backpack as a visual PS1 vet recognition - this has its own, long thread
  • various other cosmetic freebies, from the old PS1 voicepacks to the old body armor looks (of course upgraded to PS2 standards)
  • now this one who even wants something that gives him a tangible in-game benefit and saves him actual cash

All of those suggestions stem from an attitude that us vets are somehow special and are entitled to something extra, which I find really annoying.

I've played PS1 extensively for many years, I've dumped a lot of cash on subs, have earned way over 100k kills and hundreds of thousands of OP - but I don't expect this new game to treat me like some VIP.

Sure, PS2 wouldn't be coming if it wasn't for the long-time vets. Give 'em some extra ribbon to put on their uniform, I'm cool with that. I just don't think people realize how disproportionate some of the other "vet reward" suggestions are, including this one.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Crator
Major General

Oh snap, sorry, I just realized this guy was asking for something from PS1... I thought he wanted to convert outfit points in PS2 into SC. Sorry bout that.... Vets from PS1 should get a neat little emblem or something in PS2, that's about it imo....
Old 2012-07-08, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

While I disagree with the OP, because:
  1. Station Cash is in fact - real money. Some people in PlanetSide have half a million outfit points, so you're proposing to give them 5000$ for free?
  2. PS1 vets are nobodies in PS2. Yes we slightly contributed to the creation of PS2, but that's about it. PlanetSide 2 is a whole new game, and giving you power just because you played PS1 is a no go.
  3. There can be people that stopped playing with an outfit after contributing say, several hundred thousand points. It's more than unfair to them.
  4. We have priority beta acess, - a golden opportunity to shape up the upcoming game.

...I do think that giving PS1 vets a 1500SC (that's 1 subscription-worth stationcash) may be a good idea.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-07-08 at 07:53 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault