WTF TR and VS? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Spoons > All
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-19, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Ummm, no. But thanks for asking!

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-02-21, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
SkunkPunk
Major

Originally Posted by SandTrout
Do you guys even know how to attack each other any more? ever since the new pop-caps, it seems that all you ever do is attack the NC's home conts.

I look at the map lately, and the NC home conts are underatack, and maybe searhus if the NC happen to hold it, but no TR are caping bases on VS home conts, and the VS aren't caping any bases on TR home conts.

Its realy becomeing rediculous. I haven't seen Cyssor blue since the last patch.

OMFG, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL THESE FUCKING NOOBS... THERE ARE NO EMPIRE ALLIANCES, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, IT WONT WORK! now go suck some CR5 dick you fucking moron

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
Old 2004-02-22, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by SkunkPunk
OMFG, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL THESE FUCKING NOOBS... THERE ARE NO EMPIRE ALLIANCES, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, IT WONT WORK! now go suck some CR5 dick you fucking moron
I'm not saying they are allied, I wish to say that we somehow became their favorite target.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-02-23, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

Broadcast warp gates plan to fix this problem. It's just that when 1 of the empires attacks Cyssor they never do it @ the same time (as I've noticed) they come within Half an hour of one another and usually starts out as a squad n such. That best time to squash the party crasher before they can get any ground
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-02-23, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by AztecWarrior
I'm not saying they are allied, I wish to say that we somehow became their favorite target.
hes talking about sandtrout not u aztec
Old 2004-02-23, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Subterfuge
Corporal

Woah, someone take's this game a little to seriously.

solution: go outside.
Old 2004-02-23, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
SkunkPunk
Major

no really... if you look at the official forums all you hear them do is bitch about whos allied with who... like wtf go die

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
Old 2004-02-24, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

... Look at Ish.... I hate ish... all the Vanu try to do is take Ish. TR plan for Ish.... trade it for another continent. Friggen Vanu can have to PoS.
Old 2004-02-27, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Kuraltai
Contributor
First Sergeant

no really... if you look at the official forums all you hear them do is bitch about whos allied with who... like wtf go die
Aye, and the majority of the posting there is whining and crying .. that's why we love our humble abode here.
Old 2004-02-27, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Kuraltai
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
... Look at Ish.... I hate ish... all the Vanu try to do is take Ish. TR plan for Ish.... trade it for another continent. Friggen Vanu can have to PoS.
No arguement there Peace, I hate fighting for Ish when Zerg hits. Like Manitou said, we can never muster the troops/commanders to accomplish the task. Let 'em have it for a while and then take it back when they go for greener pastures.
Old 2004-03-01, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Subterfuge
Woah, someone take's this game a little to seriously.
I'm pretty sure you mean too.

Edit: Sorry
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-03-01, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by BDMJ
The most successful defense begins before the continent is unlocked. If it is unlocked, and the double team is occuring, the only way to defend ish would be to hold the NC at bay in the south (the drive to enkidu is murder for armor) while using the enkidu link to back hack the vanu tech plant. The defense must start early, and decisive action must be taken the second the call to defend is made.
The only problem with this is, every time someone notices a hack on a locked continent (IF they notice), the empire is already involved in heavy action on several continents if they aren't already defending against a double team.

That, and most of the "commanders" are trying to earn another armchair-commando victory and will most likely say "Let them get a foothold so we can sweep in and retake the continent and get good XP and the Daily Winner award that means so much to effectively three people". Or words to that effect, I admit I paraphrased.

More often than not, coming in after even ONE base has been taken will result in a drawing of forces that will sucker us into a split trap, like Ishundar where you have NC at the south and occasionally west, and VS at the north... or Forseral, where the directions and empires may change direction locations.
Old 2004-03-01, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
BDMJ
First Sergeant

Part of the problem with fast response is that people are seldom ready to use the right tools for the job. If a continent is unlocked, it is time to break out the tanks, pin them in the base, then bring in the maxes and SA troopers. Most people want to just zerg with HA. The split trap can be avoided if the right tools are used.

9/10 times the first part of my defensive statement is filled by cr5s, at least for the NC. Most of the time other fights do not have to be broken up. If the first 15 VS or TR on a continent are stopped, then it is unlikely that a large or huge will follow them.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

You won't always find the quick reaction force on a continent, but when you do, they are generally tailor-made for such a job. At least, I hope the rest of the TR has seen and followed in the examples provided to them.

Probably not, though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion