Is nobody else depressed about having 3 factions again? Wouldn't 0, 2,or 4 be better? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WARNING: Must be 18 or older to enter.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Implementing Eve Style Factions?
Only use Eve Style Factions: 2 2.04%
Only use traditional Planetside Style Factions: 92 93.88%
Use Both 'Side by Side': 4 4.08%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-08-07, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
millo
Private

Re: Is nobody else depressed about having 3 factions again? Wouldn't 0, 2,or 4 be bet

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Consider me someone who gives a fuck. I think I'd heard about this already, but it's still unforgivably stupid.
Also, the featured marine chapter is Black Templars, which if i remember correctly don't even allow Librarians as they are "too impure". Really, the only worse choice for an alliance with eldars would have been the Dark Angels.
Old 2011-08-07, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Re: Is nobody else depressed about having 3 factions again? Wouldn't 0, 2,or 4 be bet

OP wants to avoid the cyclical nature of PlanetSide but what the real deal is is that the cyclical nature is needed, and without it no MMOFPS would be possible. No matter how many factions you have, you need the game to be cyclical so that it can be played for years. If you could keep what you gain permanently... well... I don't even need to explain why that would be bad.

Also: I've already given up on WH40k MMO. If its not an MMOFPS with at least the scale of PlanetSide, then I don't care about it. Also Imperium/Space Marines or Imperium/Tau would be much better if it was versus Orks/Chaos, but w/e.
Old 2011-08-08, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Serisno
Private

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Close it? I say make it sticky! This topic is one of those that will come up every now and then.
Well. Being the OP.

My true complaint in the OP is about the game's cyclical nature. Some have caught onto this and they have given helpful responses and information about how the devs have already planned to remove the "cyclical nature" from the game via a new, more granular, lattice system. I'm a dynamic person and I'm not averse to having my mind changed. I was presented with superior logic, and my mind was changed. There is hope for a three faction system in PS:2.

But sadly most people just cheer, "3 ftw! Cuz its teh BeSt!"... burying the actually helpful posts.

I'll update the OP to include the actual results of the thread and use it to educate the community. Since the helpful posts are on page three or four, buried under the refuse, and most people don't get that far when reading through forums...

Last edited by Serisno; 2011-08-08 at 11:33 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion